GDT: 12/5/14 | Minnesota vs Anaheim (FSN+) | 7 CST, 3 AM EET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Interesting how the PP looked like it had a fire lit under it. Guys played with a purpose on it which was nice to see.

And the people complaining about the fans that booed, well, the booers are what pissed off our guys, so something beneficial did come from it. Maybe they needed their feelings hurt a little.

And Keumper needs to sit. He's been just plain awful and does not deserve starting at least for a few games.

Koivu was good. Brodin was great. Our PPG line just looks like **** against big physical teams again. Yeo should consider changing up that line against teams like the Blues and Ducks. And Folin actually looked pretty good; he plays a decent game.

Coyle is still not putting it together very well and just does not really seem to add much to his line. Zucker adds a ton and he and Koivu have been playing well, then there is Coyle. I would swap Vanek with Coyle and try that now that the old dogs seem to be waking up. Nino and Coyle also looked good together earlier.
The fans and Parise point was both made last night.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
The fans and Parise point was both made last night.

I did not realize there was a quota on responses to previous discussions. I had also not read back more than a couple pages.

My intention was not to offend anyone, merely to point out a couple thoughts I had from the game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A game like last night showed how important players like Nino and Coyle are to the future of this franchise. The Ducks (also STL, BOS, LA, etc.) are very physical, and can easily bully most of our players off pucks with the exception of the above two and a couple of others.

It may be that Coyle has a lower ceiling than we had hoped, but at least he is a big body that can take on anyone down low in the corners and have a good chance to come out with the puck.

Nino's "dirty work" tends to be more in front of the net, which is also valuable and a scarce talent on this team. It blows my mind that he doesn't get more ice time, while players like Vanek and Pominville are gifted minutes no matter how bad they play.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
close but no cigars again. we cant seem to handle the big boys (big teams) like LA, blues & ducks. kuemper couldnt stop a beach ball after that kessler breakaway. glad to see the PP woke up tonight. if we can go 2-2 against these div leaders we'll be "ok". until we can figure out a way to play these big teams & goal tending & goal scoring improves we're not ready for a hard cup run.

Scoring on the PP will help against the bigger teams, and getting Suter(very strong), and Cooke(tough grinder) back would help.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
A game like last night showed how important players like Nino and Coyle are to the future of this franchise. The Ducks (also STL, BOS, LA, etc.) are very physical, and can easily bully most of our players off pucks with the exception of the above two and a couple of others.

THIS.

Now that this team is basically built for speed, if it doesn't strike quickly and strike fast it gets bullied and they can go into their shell and lose games.

You can see why they are trying to make Coyle into a more power-forward type and why Tuch was drafted etc.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I just really do not understand your logic here. Why would you trade either your #2 Center or budding young defenseman when we need the center right now, and we could have a real gem in a year or two with Dumba getting some seasoning?

Granny just doesn't look like he fits well here like Bouchard. Dumba simply because he has the most value for our defense and unless we want to move Spurgeon our top 4 will be set for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad