GDT: 12/5/14 | Minnesota vs Anaheim (FSN+) | 7 CST, 3 AM EET

Status
Not open for further replies.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
i'd say Kuemper isn't helping us right now but it's not like he's likely to become a bust. he's still a valuable asset IMO. just needs some seasoning to smooth out those lows.

#1 goalie spot is not the place for on the job training.He gives up a ton of rebounds,not so great positionally and is not consistent at all.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Scandella and Spurgeon -3. Not their best game. I know it isn't always a telling stat, but Scandella was right near the goalscorer on several goals.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Good thing we have 3 days off, hopefully Suter plays next game, we missed him a lot.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Some interesting blown calls at the end of the game. Offsides, icing, and the call to Parise after so much was let go, but hey the Wild play in a league that IMO doesn't care about them.

Anyway, the real story tonight is Kuemper. He's playing like **** right now and should ride the pine for a while. He really should have had 3 of the goals tonight.

The defense needs to be better, period. It's going to be tough without Suter, but they can't be intimidated at all by bigger players.

Two final thoughts. Ballard's hit was clean. I'll leave it at that. The power play actually worked somewhat tonight, but we still lost.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It was an "on" night for the offense and an "off" night for the defense. Many times it's reversed. Should be entertaining as hell someday when both sides come together.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
It was an "on" night for the offense and an "off" night for the defense. Many times it's reversed. Should be entertaining as hell someday when both sides come together.

The D held them to 20 shots the goalie let in 5 put the blame where it belongs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Some interesting blown calls at the end of the game. Offsides, icing, and the call to Parise after so much was let go, but hey the Wild play in a league that IMO doesn't care about them.

Anyway, the real story tonight is Kuemper. He's playing like **** right now and should ride the pine for a while. He really should have had 3 of the goals tonight.

The defense needs to be better, period. It's going to be tough without Suter, but they can't be intimidated at all by bigger players.

Two final thoughts. Ballard's hit was clean. I'll leave it at that. The power play actually worked somewhat tonight, but we still lost.
The Wild got away with the biggest penalty of all when Prosser gloved the puck in the crease. They didn't call it. Should have been a penalty shot.

The D held them to 20 shots the goalie let in 5 put the blame where it belongs.
I've blamed Kemps enough. But it wasn't the best night for the D either.

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
This "on the job training" experiment is OVER! Giving a one-way to a guy with KNOWN mental issues was insane. Kuemps goes on waivers tonight and if he clears, Iowa. Call Bryz and get him on the next plane. I would rather go into each game knowing that I have to score 4 goals to win than what we are going through now. Its affecting the teams mental play and it can't be dealt with anymore. This loss lays with Kuemps and him alone. Sure the D didn't play their best but they only gave up 20 SOG and that ain't bad (don't forget we were missing our rock on D tonight as well). 19 shots and 5 go in? No team can play that way...never knowing what you are going to get in the net. Walz summed it up in the post-game, "This team came out and wasn't ready." That has been a pattern. This team isn't prepared and we have a gigantic void between the pipes. Its time for GMCF to light up the phone and start talking trade. I am to the point that no one is untouchable (unless its in their contract /sighs). You have to give up gold to get gold BUT GET IT DONE.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Realistically, who's tradeable? A bunch of guys just signed extensions.. I don't think they'll get traded.

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
Realistically, who's tradeable? A bunch of guys just signed extensions.. I don't think they'll get traded.

I know that we have a lot of untradeable guys but I was hoping to throw some draft picks too. I like our roster and I really believe they would jell if they could just get some consistent play in the net. Plus guys can waive that clause if approached...its happened before :)

J22*

Teams know how to beat Kemps now. Defense wasn't covering guys and they go in and get him to commit and they take him top shelf.

All 5 goals were 2 feet off the ice or lower. Kuemper has zero confidence right now and is basically hiding in his net.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City

I know it's not a popular idea but if you can improve the team by trading someone like Haula or Coyle it may not be a bad move.It would be nice if they could get something for Brodziak but I only see that happening if prospects are involved.They have too many guys with NMC and NTC clauses they really need to stop giving those out.I mean why the **** do Ballard and Cooke have NTC's?They have pretty well handcuffed themselves with all these clauses making the only trade possibilities being prospects and picks.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
All 5 goals were 2 feet off the ice or lower. Kuemper has zero confidence right now and is basically hiding in his net.
Kesslers goals were gloves side high and blocker side high Kuempers biggest asset is his size his glove and stick work are not great.

J22*

Kesslers goals were gloves side high and blocker side high Kuempers biggest asset is his size his glove and stick work are not great.

nope, both of Kesler's goals were above the pad but below the hands.

Slick Willy*

Got back from the game earlier. It was a good game (from fan perspective, I think). Kuemper let in some duds.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
This "on the job training" experiment is OVER! Giving a one-way to a guy with KNOWN mental issues was insane. Kuemps goes on waivers tonight and if he clears, Iowa. Call Bryz and get him on the next plane. I would rather go into each game knowing that I have to score 4 goals to win than what we are going through now. Its affecting the teams mental play and it can't be dealt with anymore. This loss lays with Kuemps and him alone. Sure the D didn't play their best but they only gave up 20 SOG and that ain't bad (don't forget we were missing our rock on D tonight as well). 19 shots and 5 go in? No team can play that way...never knowing what you are going to get in the net. Walz summed it up in the post-game, "This team came out and wasn't ready." That has been a pattern. This team isn't prepared and we have a gigantic void between the pipes. Its time for GMCF to light up the phone and start talking trade. I am to the point that no one is untouchable (unless its in their contract /sighs). You have to give up gold to get gold BUT GET IT DONE.

No way. No way Kuemper gets waived at risk of losing him for nothing. No way Fletcher has a fire sale in order to win now. If you're willing to give the D a pass because "their rock" wasn't there, theoretically, isn't the goaltending also impacted by that? We lost 5-4. No need to act like we are one loss away from being the Edmonton Oilers.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
close but no cigars again. we cant seem to handle the big boys (big teams) like LA, blues & ducks. kuemper couldnt stop a beach ball after that kessler breakaway. glad to see the PP woke up tonight. if we can go 2-2 against these div leaders we'll be "ok". until we can figure out a way to play these big teams & goal tending & goal scoring improves we're not ready for a hard cup run.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One of the goals was right on the ice under the pads. Bottom line with Kuemper is that he isn't reliable, not that he has one particular weakness. Scary thing is that he seems to be regressing, not improving.

Oh, and Bryz isn't available.

Otherwise, I thought that the Wild were pretty good tonight. I thought that the call on Parise at the end was ridiculous, especially after the cross checks and slashes they were allowing after the whistle by the Ducks w/o a call.

I wasn't crazy about Granlund being on the point for the PP, but he was a lot better than Pominville.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
close but no cigars again. we cant seem to handle the big boys (big teams) like LA, blues & ducks. kuemper couldnt stop a beach ball after that kessler breakaway. glad to see the PP woke up tonight. if we can go 2-2 against these div leaders we'll be "ok". until we can figure out a way to play these big teams & goal tending & goal scoring improves we're not ready for a hard cup run.

Meh the first period they weren't there. If they couldn't handle the big teams they wouldn't have been able to tie the game. Both Spurgeon and Scandella had a bad night it's weird because in Anaheim they didn't have any trouble going up against Getzlaf and Perry.

How good was Brodin tonight?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Vanek signing is turning out to be quite big mistake.

This is his fourth team in a year. He's going to have some adjustment issues. The biggest problem is that the Wild doesn't have a consistent center that can produce. Granlund and Koivu FINALLY picked up some points tonight including a much needed goal by Koivu but at this point, there is a deep and more philosophical issue that is plaguing the Wild then just one signing.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
No way. No way Kuemper gets waived at risk of losing him for nothing. No way Fletcher has a fire sale in order to win now. If you're willing to give the D a pass because "their rock" wasn't there, theoretically, isn't the goaltending also impacted by that? We lost 5-4. No need to act like we are one loss away from being the Edmonton Oilers.

I agree Kuemper won't be sent down but Backstrom should be getting more time because he has been the better goalie for the last 2 weeks.

Right now the Wild are in 10th place in the west (3 points out of 8th) with 1 or 2 games in hand,they are also only 6 points ahead of 15th place but they are 12 points ahead of Edmonton (the worst team in the league ATM).I can't imagine Fletcher and Yeo keeping their jobs if the Wild fails to make the playoffs this year.
I am not saying they should have a "fire sale" but if there is a trade to be made that can improve the team it may be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad