GDT: 12/5/14 | Minnesota vs Anaheim (FSN+) | 7 CST, 3 AM EET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Willy*

I'm going to the game tonight and I swear if some knucklehead around me starts with that booing **** I'me going to tell him to S T F U.

Can someone tell me where Heater is? Is he a healthy scratch, or is he still banged up? I was looking forward to seeing him.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Jackman is going to suit up (perhaps)? Crap, I should bring my stuff from Lyke's and heckle him during warm ups.

I'll be there tonight, which means a loss. 0-2-1 against the Ducks all time, they ruined my Minnesota homecoming too.

A win would be awesome, but with my history, we go into Minnesota-sports-fan-pessimism-mode.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Suter out again.

HAZMAT_training.jpg

Pictured: Wild practices for the forseeable future

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
A meh team? Haven't the Ducks finished like top 3 in the conference in the last couple years?

They won their division the last two years but they've also choked pretty hard in the playoffs, and they were a lottery team in 2011-12. They're maybe the biggest wildcard and I never know where to predict them, so I probably underestimate them a little too much.

But still...they're Anaheim. Even when they won the Cup I had a hard time taking anything from Anaheim seriously. There's just a little pride that dies when you lose to a suburb, particularly an LA suburb.

Edit: The other thing about the Ducks, and maybe the bigger reason I always feel like we should beat them, is that it never seems like they really outplay us. For whatever reason, it seems like it's always gaffes by the Wild, and not stellar play by the Ducks, that does is in. Every game against them feels like a winnable one, but we never seem to pull it out.

Last edited:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Ducks are really good. Or so I have been told. Think we win 4-2 with a PPG and good Kuemper shows up. Vatanen-Stoner pairing should be roasted by our strong forecheck. Let's hope. Oh and I hope someone nails Kesler.....

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Question for you guys. Is the Brodin-Folin pairing or the Scandella-Spurgeon pairing expected to be out more often after the Getzlaf/Perry line?

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Question for you guys. Is the Brodin-Folin pairing or the Scandella-Spurgeon pairing expected to be out more often after the Getzlaf/Perry line?

I'm guessing Yeo will match up Scandella-Spurgeon with Getzlaf/Perry as often as he can, so Brodin/Folin should matchup with your 2nd and 3rd lines more often.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Haha booing for 12 hours.

Sounds like a season's worth of bad powerplays.

Ugh. Our powerplay sucks.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Always tough facing the Ducks.. Here is hoping our defensemen can keep up the good work against a team we always have trouble with. Go Wild! Hockey on a Friday night! Let's do this!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Great, my cable company doesn't have Wild live on their alt channel yet.

Might have to start this game on the phone to inform them of this oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad