GDT: 12/31/14 | Wild @ Blue Jackets | 6 PM CT, 2 AM Suomi| FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Graovac deserves the time considering how well he's played. But the fact that Yeo has quickly rewarded him with the last minutes of a critical game, yet repeatedly sat Nino during these important moments in past games really makes me think he is holding a grudge against #22. And I realize that they are different positions, but you get the point.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yeo needs to get some balls. Look at your defensemen. Why the hell isn't Scandy out there during that critical part? You put Suter in his usual spot along with Pominville. How has that worked so far? Exactly. When asked, he said he'd consider it with Scandy. But then of course, he chickens out. And then you can't win a face-off? WTH? No shots during that critical period where you had enough time to get off at least one good shot at the net. But instead, we pass it around and fumble.

This game was winnable. They blew it. And that's the difference between playoff teams and wannabes. Playoff teams find a way to win that game. We didn't.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
At least on the bright side...

Yay?

how-about-no-bruce-lee_zps49fd8c7a.gif

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
My take:

Terrible night

This arena really looks like trash to me. I'm sure it's beautiful for the fans in the crowd, concourse etc. but there is better ice in front of my house right now. The boards are also amazing there. I can't get anything to trampoline off plywood and glass like they do in that building.

Down to the ugly truth

The Wild lost to a first round exit team. That's the bottom line. You can't lose to teams like this at this time of the year. I don't care what their record in December was, Richards is their coach and they played like a Richards team tonight which looked very mediocre.

First goal against: Pominville's lazy ass gets beaten to a puck that gets shot in from the half wall. Inexcusable for a player of his caliber.

Second goal against: PP goal that you can't say much about except that whoever was held by Suter really took a dive to sell it. :shakehead

This team is going to be shook up IMO. I'm leaning toward the coaching staff right now. The Wild need a general behind the bench who will start kicking ass. Someone who will bench veterans for poor play.

Happy New Year :rant:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
My take:

Terrible night

This arena really looks like trash to me. I'm sure it's beautiful for the fans in the crowd, concourse etc. but there is better ice in front of my house right now. The boards are also amazing there. I can't get anything to trampoline off plywood and glass like they do in that building.

Down to the ugly truth

The Wild lost to a first round exit team. That's the bottom line. You can't lose to teams like this at this time of the year. I don't care what their record in December was, Richards is their coach and they played like a Richards team tonight which looked very mediocre.

First goal against: Pominville's lazy ass gets beaten to a puck that gets shot in from the half wall. Inexcusable for a player of his caliber.

Second goal against: PP goal that you can't say much about except that whoever was held by Suter really took a dive to sell it. :shakehead

This team is going to be shook up IMO. I'm leaning toward the coaching staff right now. The Wild need a general behind the bench who will start kicking ass. Someone who will bench veterans for poor play.

Happy New Year :rant:
Honorable mention to Kuemper for trying to pick his stick up when he should have been focusing 100% on where the puck was. He got caught. But he does appear to be getting a little more confident, which is good. But dang.....don't worry about the stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad