GDT: 12/31/14 Panther vs Rangers You Wanted The Best, You Got The Best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Various-Arena-Large.jpg
[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #35 - 12/31/2014

vs
(19-11-4) ____________ (16-9-9)

TIME | 6:00 PM ET VENUE | BB&T CENTER - SUNRISE, FL TV | MSG, FS-F

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It's disappointing. It doesn't matter how many games you win, when you lose, you're disappointed.
Talked about it the other day, we have so much hockey in front of us that you need to go after it every single night.
You use this as motivation for next game, last game of the year try to end on a high note.
- Henrik Lundqvist

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="FLORIDA PANTHERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 34 | GF | 80
W | 16 | GA | 88
L | 9 | GF/G | 2.21
OTL | 9 | GA/G | 2.44
Pts | 41 | PIM/G | 9.4
HOME | 9-4-3 | PP% | 13.2
AWAY | 7-5-6 | PK% | 81.4
L10 | 6-2-2 | FO% | 49.7
STREAK | OT1 | S/O | 5-5

Division | 5th
Conference | 9th
League | 18th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Nick Bjugstad | 13 Assists | Aaron Ekblad | 15 Points | Nick Bjugstad | 21 + / - | Aaron Ekblad | +9 Shots | Nick Bjugstad | 94 Hits | Derek MacKenzie | 110 Blocks | Willie Mitchell | 80 PIM | Erik Gudbranson | 33 FO% | Derek MacKenzie | 53.9 TOI/G F: | Nick Bjugstad | 17:01 TOI/G D: | Brian Campbell | 23:18

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Jonathan Huberdeau | Nick Bjugstad | Vincent Trocheck
Sean Bergenheim | Aleksander Barkov | Jimmy Hayes
Jussi Jokinen | Dave Bolland (A) | Brad Boyes
Tomas Fleischmann | Derek MacKenzie | Scottie Upshall (A)

LD | RD
Brian Campbell | Aaron Ekblad
Willie Mitchell (C) | Dmitry Kulikov
Erik Gudbranson | Dylan Olsen

Scratched
Brandon Pirri|

STARTING GOALIE:

Montoya-Al.png

Al Montoya

GPI: 9 | W: 2 | L: 2 | OT: 2 | PIM: 0
SV% .915 | GAA: 2.27 | SA: 200 | GA: 17 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Tomas Kopecky | Undisclosed (DTD)
Shawn Thornton | Groin (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 34 | GF | 102
W | 19 | GA | 87
L | 11 | GF/G | 2.94
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.44
Pts | 42 | PIM/G | 9.3
HOME | 12-5-3 | PP% | 17.8
AWAY | 7-6-1 | PK% | 82.6
L10 | 8-2-0 | FO% | 46.8
STREAK | L1 | S/O | 2-4

Division | 4th
Conference | 8th
League | 17th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 23 Assists | Derick Brassard | 19 Points | Rick Nash | 36 + / - | Rick Nash | +16 Shots | Rick Nash | 123 Hits | Dan Girardi | 85 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 74 PIM | Chris Kreider | 54 FO% | Dominic Moore | 56.1 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:44 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 24:03

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Lee Stempniak
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | J.T. Miller

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Boyle
Kevin Klein | John Moore

Scratched
Matt Hunwick|
Jesper Fast|
Anthony Duclair|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik_1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 27 | W: 16 | L: 8 | OT: 3 | PIM: 0
SV% .913 | GAA: 2.41 | SA: 749 | GA: 65 | SO: 5

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

vanbiesbrouck_rangers_match_2.jpg
nhl_g_vanbiesbrouch_jv_400x600.jpg

6a00d83451b26169e2016764c46a6f970b-pi
52320468-season-player-pavel-bure-of-the-new-york-gettyimages.jpg

Kovalev2.jpg
159896983_slide.jpg

Other Rangers/Panthers alumni: Peter Anderson, Alex Auld, Dan Boyle, Eric Cairns, Terry Carkner, Joe Cirella, Matt Cullen, Radek Dvorak, Dallas Eakins, Steve Eminger, Anders Eriksson, Dave Gagner, Randy Gilhen, Tanner Glass, Scott Gomez, Mike Green, Chris Higgins, Alexander Karpovtsev, Stephane Matteau, Bryan McCabe, Kirk McLean, Jamie McLennan, Randy Moller, Dominic Moore, Sandis Ozolinsh, Vaclav Prospal, Pat Rissmiller, Mikael Samuelsson, Ray Sheppard, Brian Skrudland Geoff Smith, Brad Smyth, Martin Straka, Jeff Taffe, Esa Tikkanen, Jeff Toms, Igor Ulanov, Kevin Weekes, Mike Wilson, and Wojtek Wolski

>>Major credit to Loffen, one of my two(PR the obvious other) favorite GDT masters.<<

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Man our 4th line god awful.

MacKenzie is arguably the perfect 4th liner. Most bemoan when Upshall is on the top line or second line, and he's in a better place being on this type of line.

And Flash isn't really a 4th liner but at least he puts in effort.

So overall this 4th line isn't too bad at all!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
MacKenzie is arguably the perfect 4th liner. Most bemoan when Upshall is on the top line or second line, and he's in a better place being on this type of line.

And Flash isn't really a 4th liner but at least he puts in effort.

So overall this 4th line isn't too bad at all!

Upshall takes stupid penalties and can't hit the net. Flash takes stupid penalties and can't hit the net. To top it all off, they both have the hockey sense of a walnut. Mackenzie means well, but he plays on the edge a lot. Sometimes he's overly aggressive on a player, anywhere on the ice, and takes a penalty. It's just the combination of those three guys that makes me uneasy.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Upshall takes stupid penalties and can't hit the net. Flash takes stupid penalties and can't hit the net. To top it all off, they both have the hockey sense of a walnut. Mackenzie means well, but he plays on the edge a lot. Sometimes he's overly aggressive on a player, anywhere on the ice, and takes a penalty. It's just the combination of those three guys that makes me uneasy.

Upshall has taken 3 penalties in his last 11.

Flash has 4 penalties through 30 games played this year.

MacKenzie is the perfect 4th liner as was stated before. He plays his role well, hits hard, and is a really good forechecker. Overall, his role is to bring energy to the lineup and I think he does that really well. Plus, he's a great penalty killer

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Great GDT CH! This is a HUGE game in the standings and as you all probably know with a win in regulation and a Bruins regulation win over the Leafs, the Panthers will be tied for the first Wild Card spot.

Should be a fun one!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'll be there for my last game on vacation. If I'm there with extra time before I'll stop by behind the rangers net during warmup.

Anyone know of a radio station I can listen to the Canada - US game on the way to the game?

We'll be there!

RC should stop by as well!

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I'll be there for my last game on vacation. If I'm there with extra time before I'll stop by behind the rangers net during warmup.

Anyone know of a radio station I can listen to the Canada - US game on the way to the game?

Unfortunately I doubt you'll be able to find it anywhere down here unless by some slim chance you may have XM radio. I'm going with the option of watch the first period, record the rest, leave for the game and hope to hell I don't hear anyone mention it.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Upshall has taken 3 penalties in his last 11.

Flash has 4 penalties through 30 games played this year.

MacKenzie is the perfect 4th liner as was stated before. He plays his role well, hits hard, and is a really good forechecker. Overall, his role is to bring energy to the lineup and I think he does that really well. Plus, he's a great penalty killer

Exactly. Thank you.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

Yeah, Upshall plays on the 4th line. Too bad if he still gets points. For a 4th line role not a big problem.
He is a checking type player anyway

Jan 19, 2006
Is this a Rangers GDT or a Panthers one?

Sorry - there's way too much Rangers love here and this is from someone who learned to love hockey at MSG.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Well if my spies see her in a Lunquist jersey I think a lifetime forum-ban is in order. ;)

Nope, I made it clear that the girls are to remain out of hockey gear, and I keep my usual neutral (still technically Hank) jersey. She MIGHT bring her Rangers bib for a pic with Kaspar, haven't decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad