Post-Game Talk: 12/28/17 | Hawks 2 @ Canucks 5 | 9 points between Boeser and Vanek

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Vanek's on a 25 goal and 60 point pace.

If the Canucks offer to retain salary, he'd be available for just $1 million in caphit.

I think the team can get a lot more than a 2nd round pick for Vanek. He'd be the ideal acquisition for any team needing extra firepower to get into the playoffs, or scoring depth once in it.

Last year he got traded for a second - (someone correct me if I am wrong). Despite his pace not sure he would fetch more this year - I mean I would love if he did and if he keeps up this pace i could see a second and a 5th or something like that or perhaps straight up for a solid prospect and perhaps draftpick.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Last year he got traded for a second - (someone correct me if I am wrong). Despite his pace not sure he would fetch more this year - I mean I would love if he did and if he keeps up this pace i could see a second and a 5th or something like that or perhaps straight up for a solid prospect and perhaps draftpick.
Last he he also had a $6.5 million caphit, which likely affected the deal. A $2 million Vanek who's on pace to reach 60 is a much easier sell to cap-strapped playoff teams.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I believe it was only a 3rd and he was scoring more than he is now. His big game reputation hurts him it seems.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Last he he also had a $6.5 million caphit, which likely affected the deal. A $2 million Vanek who's on pace to reach 60 is a much easier sell to cap-strapped playoff teams.

The Wild bought him out before the season. He only had a 2.6 million hit with Detroit

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I dont want to trade Vanek for anything less than a 2nd.rnd.pick

If we cant get that id rather sign him. He is sooo smart, he is a huge help to Brock's development.

Vanek has tons of Minny roots as well whcih probably helps him relate to Brock

Reactions: Nomobo

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I dont want to trade Vanek for anything less than a 2nd.rnd.pick

If we cant get that id rather sign him. He is sooo smart, he is a huge help to Brock's development.

Vanek has tons of Minny roots as well whcih probably helps him relate to Brock

Probably can relate to the Twins and Vikings.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Brock Boeser makes me want to start shopping at Save On. I bet they're shaking in their boots.

Reactions: jd22

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
vanek + boeser is the dynamic duo we've been looking for to replace the twins

looking forward to 10+ years of domination from these two
Probably the best performance of the season all things considered.

Great performance for the Boeser line obviously. Major talent who elevates those playing with him, even Gagner.

Bo, Boeser and Petterson will be the trio that will carry us forward. Just need some actual D now.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
If Vanek and Boeser have chemistry I'd rather just keep Vanek then trade for a 2nd. The development Boeser is achieving with Vanek is worth more then a 2nd to me.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
With the rookie scoring race so tight it just reminds me of when TG scratches B.B. the first 2 games. Could Very well be the difference if a Calder or not. If he robs B.B. of a Calder he should be fired.

This game made me extremely happy. Lots of goals? Check. Boeser having a big night and retaking the rookie scoring lead? Check. Veterans stepping up and getting on the scoresheet? Check. Clobbering the god damn Blackhawks? Double check.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Florida gave up a conditional 3rd for Vanek plus Dylan McIlrath, a career AHLer. The condition wasn't met so Florida basically got Vanek for nothing.
Expectations need to be tempered.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
With the rookie scoring race so tight it just reminds me of when TG scratches B.B. the first 2 games. Could Very well be the difference if a Calder or not. If he robs B.B. of a Calder he should be fired.

Cmon man, he's not winning or losing the Calder based on 2 games.

Shouldn't the thread title be amended to include Gagner??? I know we've all had our problems with that signing at times this year, but the guy played a great game tonight.

I didn't see the very end but weren't they the 3 stars??? When's the last time all 3 guys on 1 Canuck line were all 3 stars??? Must have been Sedin, Sedin, Burrows right??? I don't know, so i'm hoping somebody here does. Just as an interesting bit of trivia, if nothing else.

Kind of nuts that a 20 yr old rookie is both, our scoring phenom, but also seemingly a glue guy who makes every line he's on better. I mean his line-mates play better, not just the line is better because he's so good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad