Post-Game Talk: 12/28/17 | Hawks 2 @ Canucks 5 | 9 points between Boeser and Vanek

Verbalyst

Jan 9, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Sad bc until that last play Gudbranson was pretty dominant defensively. He must've had one eye on the Atlantic division on that play.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Good game...Nice to be on the other end for a change....Looks like we have a new line...The Hawks look like a team that isn't hungry anymore....Boesers racking up the points..

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I really don't blame Gudbranson on that goal as much as Hutton. Hutton was an absolute moron on that entire play. I am not high on Hutton/Stecher/Pouliot at all and that is extremely worrying.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Dang - Vanek, Boeser and Gagne looking solid.........Vanek has quietly been going about his business and looks like a super good signing now. Assuming he keeps this up will probably fetch us a second rounder at the deadline. Gagne slowly picking up his game too with points in 4 straight games. Wish we had Vanek for another year at 2mill and Gagne for only max 2 but for tonight at least that line looked amazing.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Hutton had stopped playing. He was literally standing still at center ice seemingly daydreaming and just let Hartman skate in behind him. Nothing Guddy could really do; he did his part..

Meh. I would have liked it better if guddy played the body instead but Hutton definitely looked worse on that play.

Reactions: TraderJim

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
vanek + boeser is the dynamic duo we've been looking for to replace the twins

looking forward to 10+ years of domination from these two

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Dang - Vanek, Boeser and Gagne looking solid.........Vanek has quietly been going about his business and looks like a super good signing now. Assuming he keeps this up will probably fetch us a second rounder at the deadline. Gagne slowly picking up his game too with points in 4 straight games. Wish we had Vanek for another year at 2mill and Gagne for only max 2 but for tonight at least that line looked amazing.
Vanek's on a 25 goal and 60 point pace.

If the Canucks offer to retain salary, he'd be available for just $1 million in caphit.

I think the team can get a lot more than a 2nd round pick for Vanek. He'd be the ideal acquisition for any team needing extra firepower to get into the playoffs, or scoring depth once in it.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I really don't blame Gudbranson on that goal as much as Hutton. Hutton was an absolute moron on that entire play. I am not high on Hutton/Stecher/Pouliot at all and that is extremely worrying.

Exactly. Hutton and Strecher are not NHL defensemen. They are a #7 at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad