GDT: 12/28/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
No he didn't. He recoiled from the impact of a stick in his face, immediately looked for the puck behind him, saw it wasn't there, quickly looked to his left and saw the puck coming across the line, and kicked it away. Can't fault him much for that goal.

It his shoulder, I'm sure. I'll have to take another look.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What did he do aside from not being able to receive a damn pass the whole game? Killorn has been bad all season long.

Hose is right about Killorn he was very good tonight, but so was Cally, he got 2nd star of the game, Kucherov got #3. Stamkos was not good enough, had some good looks but Kucherov was really the one stirring the pot. What pissed me off, as soon as the Flip line scores the go ahead goal, Stamkos line gives it right back.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Hose is right about Killorn he was very good tonight, but so was Cally, he got 2nd star of the game, Kucherov got #3. Stamkos was not good enough, had some good looks but Kucherov was really the one stirring the pot. What pissed me off, as soon as the Flip line scores the go ahead goal, Stamkos line gives it right back.

I thought Stamkos had a classic Callahan game tonight. He didn't score, but he was skating, had energy, etc.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Cally scored and we got a point. I have incredibly low expectations for this team right now and this game met them (insert shrug emoticon I can't look up on my phone). We're not in the Caps/Stars tier of success where we should actually expect not to blow games

What is wrong with Johnson. Why bring him back if he's not healthy. He has been invisible all season

Because this team sucks and we need to start winning games if we want to make the playoffs and Johnson theoretically increases those chances. Now I'm not saying I agree with bringing him back early. I think it's idiotic. But that's the reasoning behind it.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Johnson looked lost all game. And timid. I get he hasn't played in a while, but he was like this before he was hurt. This isn't a game to base his career off cause we know what he's capable of, but it is concerning after watching a 60 goal center drop in play after an injury.

Stralman was disappointing. I find myself saying this a lot, he's been bad if held to his standard from last year. Hedman is quiet, in a good way. Killorn minus 3 shifts has been the biggest disappointment all year, hands down. He couldve blossomed into something very good but now looks to be a slightly better version of Blunden. Exaggerated, yes, but it brings up concern. Outside of the triplets, JAM, Brown, Hot Paquette and Callahan, if I saw any of the other forwards traded tmrw AM, I wouldn't feel bad.

Management is too high on Boyle. A giant who shows up 1/7 games. Good on draws but let's face it, plenty of others are too. He doesn't play big for his gigantic size either.

Defense as a whole is sound except moments from Sustr and Carle's entire career with us. I can't stomach seeing 25 out there in a TB sweater anymore.

Just a few thoughts. Pretty discouraging season so far. Ijuries have hurt of course, pun not intended, but we are losing games we couldve won. Many of them.

I'm almost ready for a move. I said by game 41 if it didn't change, something needs to happen.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What is wrong with Johnson. Why bring him back if he's not healthy. He has been invisible all season

Even if he's healthy, (which I hope and assume he is) he's been out a while so it'll probably take him some time to adjust. He hasn't really been able to get to that point yet where his timing is back and he's up to game speed.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No dude, have to disagree sorry, 4 SOG for Cally, 5 Hits, set up 3 different plays with a great scoring chance, including Paquette who got hooked. Could of had a 4 point night if all those pucks go into the net.

If we are using shoulda coulda woulda then Brian Lee, Anders Lindback and Brett Connolly would still be here. Sometimes you have to realize that they aren't producing as much as you want to tell yourself they are.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Johnson looked lost all game. And timid. I get he hasn't played in a while, but he was like this before he was hurt. This isn't a game to base his career off cause we know what he's capable of, but it is concerning after watching a 60 goal center drop in play after an injury.

Stralman was disappointing. I find myself saying this a lot, he's been bad if held to his standard from last year. Hedman is quiet, in a good way. Killorn minus 3 shifts has been the biggest disappointment all year, hands down. He couldve blossomed into something very good but now looks to be a slightly better version of Blunden. Exaggerated, yes, but it brings up concern. Outside of the triplets, JAM, Brown, Hot Paquette and Callahan, if I saw any of the other forwards traded tmrw AM, I wouldn't feel bad.

Management is too high on Boyle. A giant who shows up 1/7 games. Good on draws but let's face it, plenty of others are too. He doesn't play big for his gigantic size either.

Defense as a whole is sound except moments from Sustr and Carle's entire career with us. I can't stomach seeing 25 out there in a TB sweater anymore.

Just a few thoughts. Pretty discouraging season so far. Ijuries have hurt of course, pun not intended, but we are losing games we couldve won. Many of them.

I'm almost ready for a move. I said by game 41 if it didn't change, something needs to happen.

I want Killorn from last year's playoffs. He was amazing but this season he has been complete crap. How he got the most time on ice from all the forwards tonight is beyond me.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011

What I read:

As soon as Callahan scored, we couldve gotten him the GWG. Then Stralman hit Wise into Bishop and negated Callahan GWG.

Lol. Totally kidding as I agree with you, but I had to jab you.:D

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I thought Stamkos had a classic Callahan game tonight. He didn't score, but he was skating, had energy, etc.

100% agree. Callahan only got star #2 by virtue of his goal. Yes he scored, but I didn't notice him all night. I haven't noticed him a lot any night, really. It's not good when you pay an energy player 5.5? 6? million dollars a year and he doesn't give energy.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
"We've got to be better."
"That's on me."
"We need to learn from these mistakes."

Yawn. It's like he's reading these from a book. Lead by example, not from a talking point. It's gotten old.

The guy is most definitely leading by example right now...

Him, Kuch, and Nams were the best players by a LONNGGGGGGGGG shot tonight.

Hell, that's the only line we've been able to count on for much of anything (except the kids from Cuse) the last couple weeks.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
The guy is most definitely leading by example right now...

Him, Kuch, and Nams were the best players by a LONNGGGGGGGGG shot tonight.

Hell, that's the only line we've been able to count on for much of anything (except the kids from Cuse) the last couple weeks.
I'd say it's from Names and Kuch before Stamkos. He most definitely isnt. Besides maybe 5 games this year, his play is poor. 2 goals against the Jackets doesn't buy you 5 more games of being a hot mess. Now isn't the time for talking points, we couldve used a goal tonight and he doesn't come up with anything. It's not one game, we're talking about a quarter of the season where 90% of us aren't sure if he's dressed or scratched.

Games like tonight is where he needs to step up. Cycling, smacking pucks to Stralman and falling isn't leading by example, unless the example is how to get yourself traded. Then, by all means he's leading by example.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Thoughts on last night's game:
We waste opportunities like no one else.
Namestnikov needs to work on his shot and pick corners.
Someone missed a WIDE open five hole, but I can't remember who or when it was.
We controlled OT, ridiculous that we couldn't score with the ice wide open.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I missed the first 6:02 last night; literally, I got in after the first commercial break. Didn't realize that, apparently, Montreal just completely obliterated the Lightning in that first segment, and that the Lightning were lucky to escape that at 0-0. Yeeeeeesh.

CXWrf2qWsAAjg67.png

@MannyElk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad