GDT: 12/22/16 - Wild vs. Les Habitants - 6:30PM CT / 2:30AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
That was my favorite game this season. Real test, Dubs and the team get an A from me.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This was a fun game to watch. Koivu line (all 3 of them) was the difference in the game.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
that was a sensational come from behind win , great job wild boyz!

giphy.gif

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dubnyk play tomorrow as well. I think BB rested him against Arizona with this back-to-back in mind.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Very impressed with Zucker tonight. He's come a long way in a year to be playing with a 1 goal lead and the opposing goalie pulled.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
This was a fun game to watch. Koivu line (all 3 of them) was the difference in the game.

The way they work without the puck is amazing. Two guys do aggressive fore-/backcheck and one positions to interrupt passes and poke the pucks away. :deadhorse

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zucker and Granlund have the speed and the tenacity to allow Koivu to worry about positioning and not be so worried about rushing into the play.

Their speed counteracts his lack of speed and creates such a good balance for the line...

Koivu and Granlund's D makes up for Zucker's not so great D and allows him to be more free in his zone to fly when needed.

They are great in their own zone... great in transition (Granlund is still easily the best forward we have on gaining the offensive zone), and great on the forecheck.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
great call playing Schroeder tonight. His speed was just what was needed against MTL, not brawn.

Maybe again against NYR? They are very fast also, and with Haula missing we need to keep up with them somehow.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Was at the Riverview watching It's a Wonderful Life so I missed the game, glad to see we won!

EDIT: From the highlights, the Staal/Spurgeon goals were beauties, and not the type of goals we would normally see from this team - absolute snipes.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Spurgeon rang one off the post early on a PP...Price was completely beaten. We looked REALLY good for a while there in the first, then we started to make all sorts of mistakes.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Dubnyk lived up to the billing, that’s for sure. Boudreau said he had all the confidence in the world that Dubnyk was done giving up goals when Montreal made it 2-1 because he has seen Dubnyk basically say, “That’s it,” countless times this season.

<3 Dubnyk

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Wonder if this showdown caught anyone's attention outside Minnesota... ahh probably not.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
great call playing Schroeder tonight. His speed was just what was needed against MTL, not brawn.

Maybe again against NYR? They are very fast also, and with Haula missing we need to keep up with them somehow.

Hope the 4th line can eat some minutes tomorrow night. They were only 5m,5m,2m tonight. Doubt they'll see much more time against the NYR. Missing Dalpe (over Gabriel) with Haula and Parise out.

I'm not a big Schroeder fan, but Stewie can't be the only scoring chance the 4th line has, so better to keep Schroeder in the lineup.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Wow, wow, wow! Effort, goals, luck, multi point players, shorties, all those empty netters.. The team is on a roll!

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Sometimes you just feel privileged to get to witness good hockey players play a very good game. This was definitely one of those times. Mikko may never get the recognition he deserves but man was he boss last night. Absolutely fantastic.

I think this group of players benefit a lot from their time with Yeo. Because the way they play D is a cultural thing, not so much system.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hope the 4th line can eat some minutes tomorrow night. They were only 5m,5m,2m tonight. Doubt they'll see much more time against the NYR. Missing Dalpe (over Gabriel) with Haula and Parise out.

I'm not a big Schroeder fan, but Stewie can't be the only scoring chance the 4th line has, so better to keep Schroeder in the lineup.

Scoring is a nice bonus, but Schroeder's speed is valuable against a fast team both on the forecheck and the backcheck. You can have all the will, strength, and guts in the world, but if you can't get there in time they're of no use.

That's part of what is making Zucker so effective now, makes Haula so important to the team, and is a part of NYR's success.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Scoring is a nice bonus, but Schroeder's speed is valuable against a fast team both on the forecheck and the backcheck. You can have all the will, strength, and guts in the world, but if you can't get there in time they're of no use.

That's part of what is making Zucker so effective now, makes Haula so important to the team, and is a part of NYR's success.

Exactly. I've been an outspoken fan for a while now, but yesterday's game was a good example of why I think he needs to be in the lineup. It doesn't matter how damn short he is; if you have a guy on the ice with that kind of speed and tenacity, it automatically makes the other team play a little differently. Gabriel's face-punching is fun too, but he just really doesn't bring much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad