Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
:wild vs. :habs

WlAMJQ7.jpg

NHL.com
MONTREAL -- The Minnesota Wild will get a stiff road test on Thursday night when it faces the Montreal Canadiens at Bell Centre.

Montreal has won 15 of its 19 games on home ice this season and has gained one point in two of its losses there.

Minnesota enters the game riding an eight-game winning streak; a victory would match the franchise's longest-ever streak at nine.

Thursday's game will mark the Wild's 10th trip to Montreal all-time, with Minnesota having earned at least a point in five of the previous nine meetings there. The Wild won 4-1 at Bell Centre last season and owns a three-game winning streak overall against the Canadiens, the longest stretch against Montreal in franchise history.

Montreal will be without defenseman Andrei Markov for a second consecutive game. The veteran blue liner is nursing a lower-body injury and isn't likely to return until after Christmas.

The Canadiens also announced that goaltender Carey Price will get the start. It will be his seventh consecutive start between the pipes.

If, as expected, Devan Dubnyk is in goal, Thursday's game would feature two of the NHL's top three in both save percentage and goals-against average.

Go Wild! :bb:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
2 of the best statistical goalies so far this year. So it'll be 4-5 by the end of the 2nd and the backups decide the game? kinda:sarcasm:

Net front presence and good shots from the point. Hope for a screen and redirects.

Price plays the puck so well that the Wild might have a hard time establishing a good forecheck. He can play like a 3rd d-man for chip and chase hockey.

It'll be a good test of where the Wild stand as team.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Gonna watch this one in the morning. Next one is the ham baking game though!

Kind of scared, or could be if they didn't already have that many points and a great stretch behind. Now we can just enjoy the moment, no extra pressure, suppose.

Tough game ahead!

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
And defenseman gets the Norris?

Doh, forgot those Karlssons and Burnses. Well, winning defenseman almost gets Norris, again. :D

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
They are basically us. Maybe a bit faster.

They have a higher GF/GP, we have a lower GA/GP.

They have a better PP, we have a better PK.

We're pretty close... I'd say we're slightly better defensively while they're slightly better offensively. :nod:

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Don't forget the Habs have Galchenyuk, DD, and Shaw all on IR. They are pretty weak at center right now. Staal/Koivu should have the advantage.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Really sounds like a great match up. Gotta reevaluate could I be able to watch this one live ;)

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
So it will be like two mirrors facing each other?

Hopefully the world doesn't implode!

Red and white jerseys, Saku was their captain once, Mikko is ours, two Vezina runners, Suter and Weber played as a pair earlier...

It's a trap!!!! dot GIF

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Listening to Montreal radio. They have zero clue about the Wild.Also they guy started his show of with a kind of racist segment:shakehead.Now I kind of understand why PK isn't their anymore glad he isn't

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Red and white jerseys, Saku was their captain once, Mikko is ours, two Vezina runners, Suter and Weber played as a pair earlier...

It's a trap!!!! dot GIF

Don't forget Torrey Mitchell.

And Marco Scandella is not only a Montreal native growing up blocks from the Forum, but his uncle was a Hab, Sergio Momesso.

Also, they have the second best goaltender in the world, we have the best!

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I've always thought that we were a similar team to Montreal too. Gallager is fun to watch...thought he was kind of Parise-lite. Plus he wears #11.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
0-0. Shootout goes so long eventually the goalies shoot and Price scores on Dubnyk to win it.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Don't forget Torrey Mitchell.

And Marco Scandella is not only a Montreal native growing up blocks from the Forum, but his uncle was a Hab, Sergio Momesso.

Also, they have the second best goaltender in the world, we have the best!

Jose Theodore, Guillame Latendresse..

E: Also

PPS. R.I.P. Zarkus Poussa

Last edited:

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
i'm kinda scurrred D:

me too ......

Wild winning streak : check
Wild goalie on fire : check
Wild finally getting some media notice : check
Wild playing in televised game with major hockey market : check

MOST LIKELY RESULT: Wild come out slow, fail to show up, and lose so badly people make GIFs of our failed shootout efforts.

63578138.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad