GDT: 12/20 Game 32: New Jersey at BRUINS - REMINDER 5 PM START | NESN, MSG+, WZLX 100.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins63*

I'm guessing the ratings will still suck due to Steelers/Broncos.

Plus I'll have to leave during the 3rd to go skate. Thankful for DVR today.

Sundays during Football season are the worst day for any NHL game, in the US that is.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Been baking since 7 am...and wrapping gifts. I finally put the lights and decorations on my tree yesterday.
I hope the B's win tonight .

Odd time for the game. At least I will get home earlier than usual.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Would like to see a good game out of Krejci. He's been very quiet recently and I thought he had a tough game against Pitts.

Also Connolly - guy is poised to lose his spot when Pasta comes back. He has a premium ride on Bergeron and Marchand's coattails and is doing nothing about it. Hell, Reilly Smith did more than he did.

Let's go Bs!!!
Which begs the question, is there just not enough puck for whoever they throw out there with Bergy and Marchand? Just throwing it out there. Vatrano looked somewhat invisible when he played with them as well.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sundays during Football season are the worst day for any NHL game, in the US that is.

The NFL does quite nicely in Canada as well - last weekend's ratings

1. NHL, Senators at Canadiens, Saturday, CBC-Rogers: 1,200,000

2. NFL, Cowboys-Packers/Raiders-Broncos, Sunday, CTV: 965,000

3. NFL, Bills-Eagles/Falcons-Panthers/Seahawks-Ravens/Steelers-Bengals, Sunday, CTV: 834,000

4. NHL, Rangers at Flames, Saturday, CBC-Rogers: 605,000

5. NHL, Canucks at Blackhawks, Sunday, Sportsnet: 432,000

6. NFL, Patriots at Texans, Sunday, TSN: 385,000 (NBC audience not measured)

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/e...-the-key-to-tv-success-152025339.html#more-id

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Win and keep the Rask streak alive, 9-0-2 please after tonight.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
I love it. It's over like 745 giving me plenty of time to throw in Christmas Vacation and spark one or two up.... or maybe Polar Express.... or Elf... theres so many options.

This is a man who knows what the hell is up in this world.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Been baking since 7 am...and wrapping gifts. I finally put the lights and decorations on my tree yesterday.
I hope the B's win tonight .

Odd time for the game. At least I will get home earlier than usual.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

As much as I love to see the Bruin win, I truly hope they win this one for you......
You deserve it....:handclap::handclap::handclap:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The More You Know - the actress who is Aunt Bethany is the voice of Betty Boop...

Grace? She died 30 years ago.....

Game time could be worse - could be 1 PM. I don't think they like doing Sunday games at 7 PM at the Garden for whatever reason.

Watching the Pats now, and IDGAF about horse face and the Broncos, so I'll be ready for the Bruins at 5.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I watched it again last night. 2nd time this season.

It's got nothing on the original Vacation, though.

Oh, it's ON. The original Vacation was good, as was Euro, but they pale in comparison to Christmas Vacation. Uncle Lewis and Aunt Bethany trump anything in the non-Christmas Vacations.

Can't hear the laughter during a showing of Christmas Vacation? Well, then you can't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.

It's mandatory viewing every Christmas. Dead heat with A Christmas Story, IMO.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Oh, it's ON. The original Vacation was good, as was Euro, but they pale in comparison to Christmas Vacation. Uncle Lewis and Aunt Bethany trump anything in the non-Christmas Vacations.

Can't hear the laughter during a showing of Christmas Vacation? Well, then you can't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.

It's mandatory viewing every Christmas. Dead heat with A Christmas Story, IMO.

The original being R rated allows for more Clark rants. Christmas Vacation had just the two rants towards the end with only one F bomb.

I also don't like Ellen's parents, especially her mother.

Finally, the lack of "Holiday Road" is the nail in its coffin.

"I dunno why they call this stuff 'Hamburger Helper'. It does just fine by itself."

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If anything, it's Clark's parents are just filler material...but Ellen's are kind of blah too. And the lack of rants makes the two that are in there even more special. And if you want 80s movie tunes by Lindsey Buckingham, I'll take "Time Bomb Town" from BTTF. (Yeah, obscure, but I totally wore out that soundtrack when I was little.)

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Also, Clark's boss from Christmas Vacation is played by Brian Doyle Murray.

He also plays the guy from Vacation that rents the Griswolds their camping tents.

"We like to send out a mailer."

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I'd like to see Ferraro playing with Bergeron and Marchand today. Connolly hasn't done much to be on that line.

What I'd like to see:

Marchand-Bergeron-Ferraro
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson
Hayes-Spooner-Connolly
Vatrano-Talbot-Randell

OR
Marchand-Bergeron-Vatrano
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson
Ferraro-Spooner-Connolly
Hayes-Talbot-Randell

Status
Not open for further replies.