GDT: 12/20 Game 32: New Jersey at BRUINS - REMINDER 5 PM START | NESN, MSG+, WZLX 100.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CWrCC-4WoAAbuFd.jpg:large

New Jersey has been a surprise this season as most expected they would be near the bottom of the standings.

Jersey has to play Anaheim Saturday night and then faces the early start tomorrow in Boston.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I admit I'm one who thought the Devils would be competing for a bottom 5 spot.

Bruins need to capitalize off their back to back and win another one.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Referees Mike Leggo (3), Gord Dwyer (19)
Linesmen Tony Sericolo (84), Scott Cherrey (50)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1450585766000

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Devils tonight in the 1st of 3 games between these teams this season and the Devils’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 18-9-4 overall and are 7-7-2 on home ice … They are 5-1-1 vs. Metropolitan Division teams and are 13-4-1 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are wearing their 3rd uniform system for the 5th of 13 games this season and enter tonight’s game with a 3-1-0 mark in their 3rd sweaters.

- The Bruins are playing game 5 tonight of a stretch in which they play 9 of 11 games on home ice, including the 2016 Winter Classic Game at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA, from Dec. 12-Jan. 5.

BOSTON vs. NEW JERSEY, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Devils are meeting for the 147th time in their franchise histories (includes totals in Kansas City & Colorado) with the Bruins having a 78-39-19-10 record and 493-394 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 42-19-8-6 in their 75 home games of this lifetime series with a 272-216 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins have won the last 3 games between these teams, sweeping last season’s series for the 3rd time in the last 4 seasons, and they are now 15-3-0 in their last 18 games overall vs. the Devils … They are 8-1-1 in their last 10 home games vs. the Devils with their lone regulation loss in that span a 4-3 setback on Oct. 26, 2013.

- Fun Facts: 9 of the last 10 games between these teams have been decided by 2-goals or fewer with the lone exception a 3-0 Boston win on Jan. 8, 2015 and 7 of those have been 1-goal decisions … The Bruins are 58-33-14-10 vs. the Devils since the franchise moved to New Jersey in 1982.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Brett Connolly scores 2 tonight.

And then doesn't score again until February.

In all honestly, I do have the blinders on for him. I really hope he can start turning it around soon.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Brett Connolly scores 2 tonight.

And then doesn't score again until February.

In all honestly, I do have the blinders on for him. I really hope he can start turning it around soon.

I'm feeling Connolly tonight too. Let's hope this is his coming out party.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
New Jersey has been a surprise this season as most expected they would be near the bottom of the standings.

Jersey has to play Anaheim Saturday night and then faces the early start tomorrow in Boston.

Same thing many here were saying about the B`s Fenway:)

Haven`t watched one Devils game but hearing they play a really strong game these days, should be a good one.

B`s, 3-2 OT

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Same thing many here were saying about the B`s Fenway:)

Haven`t watched one Devils game but hearing they play a really strong game these days, should be a good one.

B`s, 3-2 OT

True although I don't think too many people had us slated in the Botom 5 outside of a few Habs fans.

I think most saw the Bs out of the playoff picture.

There's still a lot of hockey left to play but the Devils have been a surprise. I think this season the team's expected to be good have faltered some and the team's expected to be bad have surprised. But the standing for the EC are packed pretty tight and one bad or good run can totoally change things.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Would like to see a good game out of Krejci. He's been very quiet recently and I thought he had a tough game against Pitts.

Also Connolly - guy is poised to lose his spot when Pasta comes back. He has a premium ride on Bergeron and Marchand's coattails and is doing nothing about it. Hell, Reilly Smith did more than he did.

Let's go Bs!!!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Would like to see a good game out of Krejci. He's been very quiet recently and I thought he had a tough game against Pitts.

Also Connolly - guy is poised to lose his spot when Pasta comes back. He has a premium ride on Bergeron and Marchand's coattails and is doing nothing about it. Hell, Reilly Smith did more than he did.

Let's go Bs!!!

Krejci was busy shutting down Crosby. He had his hands full even if Crosby isn't at his best.

But Krejci does need a good game. he needs to imagine every opponent in a orange jersey with a flying P on the front.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'd definitely like to see a good game from Connolly, I don't think he has looked poor, but he hasn't looked great and a lot the players around him are really raising their games. I wouldnt mind seeing him as a 3rd or 4th line forward to develop when Pasta comes back though if he doesn't get going.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Devils' have been slumping of late

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...bruins_vs_new_jerse.html#incart_story_package

BOSTON — It is, quite simply, a critical point in this season for the Devils if they believe they are a playoff team.

After Saturday night's 2-1 loss to the Anaheim Ducks, the Devils have lost consecutive games in regulation for the first time since Nov. 17-20. They will try to end that skid Sunday against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden.

Falling behind has been the issue for the Devils. They have fallen behind by a 2-0 score in four of their last five games.

BigBadBruins63*

Big game today, and need to win. Is this one of our games "in hand"? Looks that way; could be wrong.

Vatrano continues to build off his hatty and grabs 2 A's today. Connolly gets off the snide with a 2 G's and B's shut out the Devils 5-0.

There you have it, my open-ended predictions:
Tuukka with a shutout
Connolly with 2 goals
Vatrano with 2 assists (not on Connolly's goals)
and i'm not predicting anything else. I'm no future teller, here.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Referees Mike Leggo (3), Gord Dwyer (19)
Linesmen Tony Sericolo (84), Scott Cherrey (50)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1450585766000

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Devils tonight in the 1st of 3 games between these teams this season and the Devils’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 18-9-4 overall and are 7-7-2 on home ice … They are 5-1-1 vs. Metropolitan Division teams and are 13-4-1 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are wearing their 3rd uniform system for the 5th of 13 games this season and enter tonight’s game with a 3-1-0 mark in their 3rd sweaters.

- The Bruins are playing game 5 tonight of a stretch in which they play 9 of 11 games on home ice, including the 2016 Winter Classic Game at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA, from Dec. 12-Jan. 5.

BOSTON vs. NEW JERSEY, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Devils are meeting for the 147th time in their franchise histories (includes totals in Kansas City & Colorado) with the Bruins having a 78-39-19-10 record and 493-394 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 42-19-8-6 in their 75 home games of this lifetime series with a 272-216 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins have won the last 3 games between these teams, sweeping last season’s series for the 3rd time in the last 4 seasons, and they are now 15-3-0 in their last 18 games overall vs. the Devils … They are 8-1-1 in their last 10 home games vs. the Devils with their lone regulation loss in that span a 4-3 setback on Oct. 26, 2013.

- Fun Facts: 9 of the last 10 games between these teams have been decided by 2-goals or fewer with the lone exception a 3-0 Boston win on Jan. 8, 2015 and 7 of those have been 1-goal decisions … The Bruins are 58-33-14-10 vs. the Devils since the franchise moved to New Jersey in 1982.

I enjoy Ref Mike Leggo.....he seems to know how to piece the game together...:laugh:

Let's Go B's and keep on trucking to more victories!!!!!!

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Schneider has been somewhat inconsistent just recently - .833 (pulled), shutout, .840. He's probably not gonna be confident against our PP

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Also, what a terrible time/day to have an NHL game.

It is a compromise time.

The team knows many fans from New Hampshire and Maine come down on weekends which is why there are so many matinee games. However they also knew going head to head against the Patriots would be a disaster for NESN.

So 5 PM is the best fit for all.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It is a compromise time.

The team knows many fans from New Hampshire and Maine come down on weekends which is why there are so many matinee games. However they also knew going head to head against the Patriots would be a disaster for NESN.

So 5 PM is the best fit for all.

I'm guessing the ratings will still suck due to Steelers/Broncos.

Plus I'll have to leave during the 3rd to go skate. Thankful for DVR today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad