GDT: 12/20/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Got a feeling his contract will be finished soon. He seems to be playing "like he's got good news".

Stamkos seriously has shown up the last two games.

Tonight he didn't really have any mistakes other than 2 or 3 misplaced passes, which literally every player experiences throughout a game. Best of all? He immediately made up for it.

If we keep Nammy/Stamkos/Kuch together once everyone is healthy, and put Drouin with Palat and Johnson I think we'll have some SERIOUS production on those top 2.

Flip Kucherov and Drouin from time to time, but definitely keep Nammy with Stamkos. They're just clicking like crazy.

This is what I thought too. He looks like a massive weight has been lifted off his shoulders. If the dollars work I'll be ok with having him around.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Here's hoping he signs a 1 digit per year contract like Kopitar seems to be doing.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I gotta say, if Stamkos keeps playing like this and giving in this kind of effort I'm more than fine with signing him for 9-10 a year. Going over 10 is too much though, he still isn't dominating the game like the highest paid player in the league should.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Might be off topic but does anyone know what happened to the announcer at Amalie Arena? They had a new guy last night and he was absolutely horrible.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Might be off topic but does anyone know what happened to the announcer at Amalie Arena? They had a new guy last night and he was absolutely horrible.

Paul Porter is also the pa guy for the Orlando Magic. He must have a contract that says he has to do a certain amount of Magic games because there are other conflicting nights that he is still with us and not in Orlando.

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County

That was Paco Lopez who announces the Solar Bears games (and he is also a radio announcer). He is actually a very good announcer, does a fantastic job at the hockey games in Orlando. He was very nervous last night I think.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I will admit... Stamkos, actually sorta, maybe, kinda, a little bit looked like he gave a s*** last game... but one good game doesn't make up for his play the past few months

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Stamkos is a dead weight on the NKVN line to me. Yeah he scored 2 goals, yeah the effort was there but the pace of a sophisticated, smart, fast, possession game is too elaborated for him, his brain just can't keep up with so much finesse and once out of his comfort zone he turns the puck over in the NZ. In short he tends to be a liability at even strength, simple as that. I'm not going to let my feelings get the better of me, it's a one shot complaint, in the sense I'm not a Stamkos hater, I respect him and if he stays he won't be a target to me, but god to give him a long term contract is scaring the **** out of me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad