GDT: 12/20/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Awesome win. Great job by the team.

Though I think it's official now, Hedman and Callahan will never score another goal, talk about two snake bitten players.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Tampa has the 4th most ROW's in the Eastern Conference. Their biggest weakness with respect to the playoff picture is they don't get to OT or shootouts and lose enough once they get there.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
They're getting there, good thing is they'll have a lot of well rested players returning. :yo:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Awesome win. Great job by the team.

Though I think it's official now, Hedman and Callahan will never score another goal, talk about two snake bitten players.

It's frustrating Cally was likely one of our best players in the 3rd and yet comes out with no points. Certainly made up for that bad penalty in the 1st and drove our PK with Boyle out to hold off Ottawa. Oh well maybe the 2nd half of the season will be luckier for him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Watched this game while out, sort of in my periphery. Looked to me like Stamkos had a big performance?

Hey. I'm not above eating my words if this guy starts playing like an elite player all of a sudden.

Anyone wanna fill me in on what a passive watcher might have missed?

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
They need to run with that top line when all the players get back from injury.

Do not break them up. They've look good.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Watched this game while out, sort of in my periphery. Looked to me like Stamkos had a big performance?

Hey. I'm not above eating my words if this guy starts playing like an elite player all of a sudden.

7 shots on goal tonight. That's huge. He needs to keep up that pace. Namesy is helping a lot.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
The boys looked good tonight. Stamkos had a huge game despite some turnovers. I had to cheer extra hard for his goals tonight because hearing "Hammer Time" play after a goal is a feeling I'm not sure I'm ready to give up. Huge shot blocks at critical moments from Cally, and the call-ups pressed the forecheck hard. Sustr actually played well.

After hearing all the hype about Karlsson on these boards over the years, I was convinced that Ottawa fans were just pumping tires for their guy, but boy oh boy can he play. What an absolute laser for his goal.

Great night and a very enjoyable holiday atmosphere!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

A casual observer who hasn't watched a Lightning game all year would've said, "Uhhh ok..... What's wrong with Stamkos again?" There were lulls in the game where he went invisible again but for portions of the game he led his line on the forecheck and looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks because he was so hungry out there. He's done a total 180 now. If November 10th, 2013 (the day before he broke his leg) is A+ Stamkos then I would say he was at an A- at times tonight. Easily one of his best games of the year.

If he played like this every night there would be no issue matching his contract against Toews and Kane's.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The boys looked good tonight. Stamkos had a huge game despite some turnovers. I had to cheer extra hard for his goals tonight because hearing "Hammer Time" play after a goal is a feeling I'm not sure I'm ready to give up. Huge shot blocks at critical moments from Cally, and the call-ups pressed the forecheck hard. Sustr actually played well.

After hearing all the hype about Karlsson on these boards over the years, I was convinced that Ottawa fans were just pumping tires for their guy, but boy oh boy can he play. What an absolute laser for his goal.

Pretty sure Karlsson is averaging a goal a game against us the last couple years.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Karlson is sick, such a treat to watch. Hedman actually has decent numbers against Ottawa 5 goals 18 points in the last 12 meetings against them. Kuch and Names looked good again tonight. Stamkos actually starting to look like he gives a s*** could be to show other teams he's still got it and get big money.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Nah - that dude is the real deal. On the short list of best skating Dmen in NHL history.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Karlsson is the most impressive player I've seen in person outside of my own teams. Sens are lucky to have him. Of course I'm pretty happy with our Swedish defenseman too even if he'll never put up the same numbers.

A wonder if it's a coincidence that Stamkos' play improved right after the Toronto game. Maybe all the pressure was too much for him. Not really a good sign if he's considering signing there.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Stamkos does seem more relaxed

Got a feeling his contract will be finished soon. He seems to be playing "like he's got good news".

Stamkos seriously has shown up the last two games.

Tonight he didn't really have any mistakes other than 2 or 3 misplaced passes, which literally every player experiences throughout a game. Best of all? He immediately made up for it.

If we keep Nammy/Stamkos/Kuch together once everyone is healthy, and put Drouin with Palat and Johnson I think we'll have some SERIOUS production on those top 2.

Flip Kucherov and Drouin from time to time, but definitely keep Nammy with Stamkos. They're just clicking like crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad