GDT: 12/18/18 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I would have started the DOMinator tonight, just to give Vasy a night off as he gets back to playing. But then again, my name isn't on a cup.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I would have started the DOMinator tonight, just to give Vasy a night off as he gets back to playing. But then again, my name isn't on a cup.
You're telling me Dumbass McTwattington isn't on the cup? :sarcasm:

I am just joking. I am pre drinking before I rock up to this game.

Reactions: DaBolts

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Canuck fan here but Bolts are my East team!

Just some background for you guys.

-Canucks have 3 players on pace to score 30+goals. Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson

- Tanev/Edler is our 1st pairing. They are beasts and have done well vs the opposing teams top line. Last game this pairing along w Horvat was line matched vs Mcdavid and held him to 0 shots until 4min left in the game.

- the rest of the D-core is hot garbage and can be exposed and are pone to turnover and lose board battles.
Hutton, Stecher, Pouliot, Gudbranson

- With a point tnt, Pettersson can tie a franchise record held by Pavel Bure for most consecutive games w. A point by a rookie.

-5 on 5 the Canucks struggle especially in a half ice set. Counter attack is where they can burn you w. Speed and skill.

- PP is hot and cold. They had 3 PP goals last game but id chalk that to bad goaltending. They do rush up centre ice then a drop pass to a winger w. Speed then a pass to the winger as their PP zone entry.

Afterwards they just look for Boeser and Pettersson on the halfboards. Both have lethal bombs. Edler on the point is not a threat. He is just looking to distribute to the wingers.

Markstrom has been solid but fades if fatigued. This is Canucks 4th game in 6 nights.

Hoping for a fun game tnt guys!

If i had to predcit an outcome...

I say the Bolts come out flat after that ridiculous high intensity game plus vs the Jets plus west coast time zone and late start. However, they take over the 2nd half of the game.

3-2 Bolts. GwG will be scored w. Under 10 min left in 3rd.

Good luck rest of the season Tbay!!

Update Edit on my prediction since Ander Nilsson is now playing instead of Markstrom.

Bolts win 5-2. At least 1 Bolt will score 2 goals.

Note: the last few deadlines there has been many speculations and rumblings about Tbay being interested in Tanev or Edler. Are Bolts looking to shore up the D again ?

I would love for either one of them to end up with you guys and win the cup this year. Im not trying to over hype them but i gurantee you wouldnt be disappointed if either was added for the cup run. Check em out tnt.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Update Edit on my prediction since Ander Nilsson is now playing instead of Markstrom.

Bolts win 5-2. At least 1 Bolt will score 2 goals.

Note: the last few deadlines there has been many speculations and rumblings about Tbay being interested in Tanev or Edler. Are Bolts looking to shore up the D again ?

I would love for either one of them to end up with you guys and win the cup this year. Im not trying to over hype them but i gurantee you wouldnt be disappointed if either was added for the cup run. Check em out tnt.
Not this year.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I’d like to see Sergachev and Stralman together. Strals is a huge boon for the Serg’s 5 v 5 production.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I’d like to see Sergachev and Stralman together. Strals is a huge boon for the Serg’s 5 v 5 production.

It certainly worked very well last year. But that did shelter Sergy more and I think they've been working him into a less sheltered position.

If he actually IS paired with Girardi, it might just work because G is best as a stay-at-home defenseman who can let the young buck roam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad