Speculation: 12/13' Trades/Proposals: Short season is better than none, now for trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The K Man

May 7, 2011
Calgary
Depending on what our depth at forward looks like if/when we make trade I wouldn't mind picking up Arnott for a 1 year deal at the right price. Can still provide some offense and will bring a lot of leadership which we still need.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
When MOU is signed and legal to sign players, TOR will sign defenceman Mike Mottau to a contract. Also, reported earlier, Cody Franson.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
To anyone suggesting lupul may be traded, a huge mural of him was painted in or around the dressing room, if that doesn't give you a sense of job security, then I don't know what will. I'd say it's up to him, accept a reasonable contract, or then be traded. I don't think nonis will be trading him, just for the sake of trading him though.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=57515949#post57515949

17. Contract Term: 7 years, 8 years for a player on a club's reserve list at trade deadline.
- this may slightly increase trade value of FA's at trade deadline/decrease value of FA rights at the draft.

If this is indeed correct, and the cards fall right in terms of the standings for us and the ducks, perhaps Nonis will make a play for Getzlaf at the deadline. He'll be 28 this summer, so if we can offer him the longest term and most dollars, he may do it. Very slight chance he gets the same amount of money when hes trying to sign new deal at 35 then what we could offer him now for that year.

Dwight K Schrute

Nov 30, 2009
Scranton
Anthony SanFilippo ‏@AnthonySan37
I'm told the #Flyers have reacquired goalie Brian Boucher from Carolina for Luke Pither. More on this in a bit. #NHL #CrazyDayAlready

Would seem to rule out Luongo to Philly

Dwight K Schrute

Nov 30, 2009
Scranton
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
CAR trades goalie Brian Boucher and prospect Mark Alt to PHI for minor leaguer Luke Pither.

Looks like Van can't try to drive up that price with philly not interested.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
To be fair, Boucher is pretty well just a backup, I can't see a playoff contender willing to ride him if Bryz struggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad