Speculation: 12/13' Trades/Proposals: Short season is better than none, now for trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
First and foremost I think Burke should focus on re-signing Franson.

oneoftheseyears

Sep 21, 2010
Halifax
Does anyone think we could go after Niklas Backstrom for our goalie need?
Or does Minnesota hang on to him? Would Burke even go after him?
I really don't like the idea of a Luongo trade.

JMcLeaf

Does anyone think we could go after Niklas Backstrom for our goalie need?
Or does Minnesota hang on to him? Would Burke even go after him?
I really don't like the idea of a Luongo trade.

I don't think the Wild will move him. They are going for the playoffs this year with the additions of Parise, Suter and Granlund so they're going to need good goaltending. They do have Harding, but there will be concerns since he was unfortunately diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Not sure how this will affect him. They have Matt Hackett, but he's young and inexperienced so I doubt they'll feel confident relying on him at this point. Perhaps Backstrom is a guy we can look at in the offseason if we are still looking for a goalie and Wild don't re-sign him.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
From the end of the previous thread: Duchene isn't nearly as effective as a winger. I really see Colorado moving Stastny if any of them, or if they have issues re-signing O'Reilly, maybe they move him. I'd love to have him with Kessel.

I see any deal with Colorado revolving around Lupul, which I am 100% okay with. A strong top six winger would help Colorado out a lot, and a top six centre obviously is our need. Bozak and Lupul for O'Reilly seems fair to me, if O'Reilly won't re-sign there, but Avs fans probably disagree.

JVR-O'Reilly-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo-Kadri
Mac-McClement-Frattin
Komarov-Steckel-Brown

Landeskog-Stastny-Lupul
Jones-Duchene-Parenteau
McGinn-Bozak-Downie

Works for both teams in my opinion.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I don't think the Wild will move him. They are going for the playoffs this year with the additions of Parise, Suter and Granlund so they're going to need good goaltending. They do have Harding, but there will be concerns since he was unfortunately diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Not sure how this will affect him. They have Matt Hackett, but he's young and inexperienced so I doubt they'll feel confident relying on him at this point. Perhaps Backstrom is a guy we can look at in the offseason if we are still looking for a goalie and Wild don't re-sign him.

Indeed, but I can see Hackett getting an Odd game or two. Hell of a player they have in him.

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
2 Major holes on this team is Goaltending and a #1 C ... Most would agree...

I was not a fan of the Lu trade till finding out his cap hit will be Vancouvers problem when he retires.

Bozak + Colborne + 2nd for Luongo

As for a #1 C... that will be much harder to come by and will come with a steep price. I think that it is a must to keep our 1st pick in this years draft... Soooo that makes it even harder.... i think trading for a vet #1C will cost less and will help our young team.

Lupul + Kadri + Blacker For Thornton

JVR - Thornton - Kessel
MacA - Grabo - Kulemin
Ashton - Connolly - Frattin
McClement - Steckel - Brown/Lambo/Komorov

Gunnar - Phanuef
Gards - Franson
Liles - Komisarek/Holzer

Luongo
Reimer

Our pool of prospects still looks good with: Ross, Biggs, Rielly, McKegg, Percy, Finn, D'Amigo

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So........if Bozak goes in a Lu deal, Burke has to have something up his sleeve for a C. I had a quick look at UFA centres and see Arnott is still out there. What do you think? 17g and 17a last year. Could provide some veteran leadership and toughness.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I think Conolley and Franson will be going to Van for Luongo.
Reason: Conolley has one year left and will fill Kesler's spot. Franson will have that big D pressence (not saying he is a defensive force but a young big defense man)and shot that the Nucks will lose after Edler goes to UFA this summer. It fits the holes Van will need to fill this season and gives them Cap relief. There will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder included.

oneoftheseyears

Sep 21, 2010
Halifax
dont think so as harding has some issue i think he got diagnosed with MS.

Thanks for the info.
It'd be nice if this goalie situation wasn't so difficult to resolve.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
So........if Bozak goes in a Lu deal, Burke has to have something up his sleeve for a C. I had a quick look at UFA centres and see Arnott is still out there. What do you think? 17g and 17a last year. Could provide some veteran leadership and toughness.

Would be a disaster. There's a reason he's "still out there"

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I can understand why he'd part with bozie...to make way for stastny ;)

I'd want Arnott in this team, we need veteran leadership quite a bit.

JMcLeaf

kinda like this as a 3rd line:

steckel mcclement kulemin
steckel mcclement komarov

the 'smack' line

If Steckel isn't playing center, he shouldn't be playing at all. The only thing he's good at is faceoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad