Speculation: 12/13' Trades/Proposals: Short season is better than none, now for trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

was it one of those cbc sat. triple header hockey days ?

last game is at home to mtl
wouldnt it be nice if tor beats mtl for the final playoff spot :)

shootout winner
kadri scores it
now that would be awesome

but i don't know if i would be able to handle that pressure as a fan

hopefully we can clinch the playoffs before that game:nod:

mikebel111*

I will scream and cry alright. Not for getting Couts but for losing Kess.

that is the package we should be asking for phil
but than you include 2nd, kadri, big joe
we shoudl be able to get alot more that that
but even than, I don't do that trade

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I really hope Nonis doesn't go all in and pay a premium for any player over 30.

This team needs to continue to largely be gutted and stocked up with very young assets (prospects/picks/players under 25).

Trade:

Lombardi
Connolly
CMac
Bozak (try to reink but at 3rd line center money. If not trade for whatever we can get)
Lupul (try to reink but at 2nd line winger type money. If not trade for whatever we can get)
Franson (not urgent but I don't see his future with the team)
Komisarek
Holzer (only if a team is willing to overpay)

-Take on a cap dump if it gains us a good extra asset (i.e. a good prospect or pick in the first 2 rounds)

-At the draft pick a lot of extra times and look to make deals at the draft table.

-Try to extend all of Kessel, Phaneuf, Kulemin

-Try to sign 2 or 3 top free agents to deals on our terms (we might get the cream of the crop like a Getzlaf but even getting a guy like Roy well giving up nothing is big)

-Spend to the cap every season

The problem with that is that veterans generally call the room and hold young players accountable and such. Every team needs them. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a veteran presence provided it was within reason.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
The problem with that is that veterans generally call the room and hold young players accountable and such. Every team needs them. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a veteran presence provided it was within reason.

I agree but Phaneuf, Liles, Grabo, McClement are what I would call veterans at this point in their careers.

New veterans can always be brought in before next season.

Getting young guys like Kadri, Frattin and Komarov into the lineup regularly is key. As well as giving other youngsters like Blacker, Ashton, Colborne a taste of the pros with 5-20 games will go a huge way in their development.

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011
29496218.jpg

Jacob8hockey*

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Most of GMs - not all but most - I've spoken to tonight don't anticipate making any moves tonight. Trades and signings legal at midnite ET.

I guess we wait and see.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
To people expecting trades, remember Nonis is in charge now.

Anyway! Excited for the new season to start. Should be a dandy!

We need to make room for youngsters so I expect Nonis to explore trades for McArthur, Connolly and Lombardi.

Kadri, Frattin and Komarov need to be inserted into the lineup and learn on the fly.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
i'll hang in there til 1am
if nothing by then adios

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 35m
Leafs have medical and fitness testing starting at 9 a.m. and then a practice at 2 p.m. Welcome to a six-day training camp.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
If Lupul goes, and komisarek is bought out - what does that leave us with for cap space this coming summer? I want to know if we can bring in both Getzlaf and Perry realistically.

I literally have x rated dreams over a top 6 of:

JVR - Getzlaf - Kessel
Kulemin - Colborne/Grabovski - Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad