GDT: 12/13'|Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games |Part III|Perry Re-signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Too lenient of a suspension if you ask me:

The players just aren't getting it, too many times players are still targeting the opponents head, that or running them from behind (which is even worse), the league just is NOT taking this seriously at all.

I think this whole 1-7 game suspension crap for these types of things needs to be chucked out the window, and a new system needs to be set up. For 1st time offence for a hit to the head should result in the offender being out of the lineup until the injured player returns, for a 2nd offence resulting in injury its a season plus playoff ban, for a 3rd time offence its a lifetime ban. For a 1st time hit to the head with no injuries, 25 game ban, 2nd time season ban, 3rd time evicted from the league.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
I have no problem with the Flyers being held accountable for their culture of goonery. The guys got a concussion. I doubt this thread would exist if it happened to be a Leaf player that was run

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

The players just aren't getting it, too many times players are still targeting the opponents head, that or running them from behind (which is even worse), the league just is NOT taking this seriously at all.

I think this whole 1-7 game suspension crap for these types of things needs to be chucked out the window, and a new system needs to be set up. For 1st time offence for a hit to the head should result in the offender being out of the lineup until the injured player returns, for a 2nd offence resulting in injury its a season plus playoff ban, for a 3rd time offence its a lifetime ban. For a 1st time hit to the head with no injuries, 25 game ban, 2nd time season ban, 3rd time evicted from the league.

here here.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Wow... No hit league it is. This hit would've been applauded as a great hit a few years ago. Perfectly executed hit on a rook(??) with his head down crossing the trolley tracks. My god are they trying to get big hits out of hockey. I'm surprised brown didn't get at least 2 games for his vicious hit from behind :shakehead:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Might I suggest baseball or possibly ringette? You should stick to house league hockey me thinks.. What a terrible suggestion

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Might I suggest baseball or possibly ringette? You should stick to house league hockey me thinks.. What a terrible suggestion

I have no problems with solid hits, or chippy games but I draw the line at guys delibertley hitting the opponents head or ramming them back first into the boards, someone IS going to eventually wind up seriously injured or dead if this crap continues.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
So, is Philly supposed to just let this idiot run full speed into the zone with his head down?

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Other replays during the game clearly showed that his head was up. Just a dirty hit.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
So, is Philly supposed to just let this idiot run full speed into the zone with his head down?

Its like this, if your driving over the speed limit on the road and there is a car in front of you that is driving slow, you put the breaks on to avoid the accident. Same thing, the Philly player SAW Lundin with his head down, he should have STOPPED/slowed down, wait til the guy had his head up then go for a shoulder-to-shoulder hit.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010

He deserved to get hit...in a good hockey way. If some rookie tried to launch Kadri to the rafters on that play I bet you'd change your tune in a hurry. That was a charge, a leap, and a head shot all at once. Just a total predatory hit all around

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Its like this, if your driving over the speed limit on the road and there is a car in front of you that is driving slow, you put the breaks on to avoid the accident. Same thing, the Philly player SAW Lundin with his head down, he should have STOPPED/slowed down, wait til the guy had his head up then go for a shoulder-to-shoulder hit.

I agree that the hit was illegal, but half the blame goes to the senators player for skating head first into the enemy blue line with 4 guys waiting for him.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I have no problems with solid hits, or chippy games but I draw the line at guys delibertley hitting the opponents head or ramming them back first into the boards, someone IS going to eventually wind up seriously injured or dead if this crap continues.

Yes... I bet they were saying this stuff 80 years ago as well :laugh: stop trying to change the game

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Honest question, have you played a physical sport at all in your life?? If you have then you should know you dont have the time to think about whether you're going to hit him or not. You do or you don't. Why should the Philly player wait for the sens player to play smart?! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life... What if buddy decided to skate with his head down through the whole zone? "No one touch him his head is down boys!!!" Do you think Chris Neil would've let up on a flyer player?? Nope...

He deserved to get hit...in a good hockey way. If some rookie tried to launch Kadri to the rafters on that play I bet you'd change your tune in a hurry. That was a charge, a leap, and a head shot all at once. Just a total predatory hit all around

Ya we'd be pissed because one of our best players got injured... We would also be thinking... "'Man Kadri should have kept his head up". Do you remember when kessel got drilled by ohlund in his grey game as a leaf? He got absolutely decked by a clean check and people were pissed but also realized that Phil should've kept his head up. The (Philly/sens) hit wasn't late at all and it was questionable if he left his feet early. It just looked like a huge beautiful hit to me.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 7m
Looked like Cam Ward's left ankle was pinned against post on Skille collision. Could be ankle or groin. Did not look good.
Carolina Hurricanes ‏@Canes_Gameday
Cam Ward heads to the locker room after being injured in a collision with Justin Faulk. Dan Ellis relieves Ward.
Cam Ward being helped off the ice in Florida. That's not good.

huberdeau just scored

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 7m
Looked like Cam Ward's left ankle was pinned against post on Skille collision. Could be ankle or groin. Did not look good.
Carolina Hurricanes ‏@Canes_Gameday
Cam Ward heads to the locker room after being injured in a collision with Justin Faulk. Dan Ellis relieves Ward.
Cam Ward being helped off the ice in Florida. That's not good.

huberdeau just scored

Did not look good with Reims either but he came back 2 weeks or so later.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Honest question, have you played a physical sport at all in your life?? If you have then you should know you dont have the time to think about whether you're going to hit him or not. You do or you don't. Why should the Philly player wait for the sens player to play smart?! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life... What if buddy decided to skate with his head down through the whole zone? "No one touch him his head is down boys!!!" Do you think Chris Neil would've let up on a flyer player?? Nope...

Ya we'd be pissed because one of our best players got injured... We would also be thinking... "'Man Kadri should have kept his head up". Do you remember when kessel got drilled by ohlund in his grey game as a leaf? He got absolutely decked by a clean check and people were pissed but also realized that Phil should've kept his head up. The (Philly/sens) hit wasn't late at all and it was questionable if he left his feet early. It just looked like a huge beautiful hit to me.

I'm not sure if you understand. The player left his feet, and targeted a prone player's head. He meant to hit the head. That is NOT welcome in the game. It's an absolute intent to injure, and a punk thing to do.

If he would have stayed on his feet, and connected with the chest, everyone would agree with you, but what he did was cowardly and dangerous.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
That was a nice looking goal by the Bruins.

Habs/Bruins games are always rather entertaining.

Habs take the lead back 5 seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad