GDT: 12/13'|Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games |Part III|Perry Re-signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstew

Mar 2, 2011
Canada
OT: Harry Zolnierczyk Suspended Four Games

Anyone else think this is way to harsh of a suspension?

He got four games for "Charging". He left his feet right before the hit, but other than that this seemed like a legit body-check. Not necessarily saying it was a clean hit, but a 4 game suspension seems like overkill.

What has hockey come to if you can't crush a guy crossing the blue-line + Cutting to the middle with his head down? Mike Lundin was asking to get hit there. Scott Stevens would have killed that guy.

Last edited:

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Anyone else think this is way to harsh of a suspension?

He got four games for "Charging". He left his feet right before the hit, but other than that this seemed like a legit body-check. Not necessarily saying it was a clean hit, but a 4 game suspension seems like overkill.

What has hockey come to if you can't crush a guy crossing the blue-line + Cutting to the middle with his head down? Mike Lundin was asking to get hit there. Scott Stevens would have killed that guy.

You're right. Other than the dirty hit part, it was a clean hit.

Precisely the type of hit they are trying to get rid of. He could have lined him up and rammed his shoulder into his chest and knocked the wind out of him. Instead he left his feet and now there is the possibility that Lundin could be out for a while or may never be the same player again.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Shoulder to head, left his feet, and a predatory hit on a prone player....

I'm fine with 4 games.

mstew

Mar 2, 2011
Canada
You're right. Other than the dirty hit part, it was a clean hit.

Precisely the type of hit they are trying to get rid of. He could have lined him up and rammed his shoulder into his chest and knocked the wind out of him. Instead he left his feet and now there is the possibility that Lundin could be out for a while or may never be the same player again.

Neal literally JUMPS here and didnt even get a penalty, let alone suspended. Just sayin 4 game seems inconsistant

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
5th shootout for the Sens already

The big thing with the Leafs that they have benefitted from is no loser points. When we go to OT we finish the game off. We have the second most wins (13) in the conference, that will help us in any tie breaker down the road. Big game tomorrow against Jersey, with a win we climb into 5th.

Edit: Actually we don't we would've played more games than Ottawa, my bad.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
The big thing with the Leafs that they have benefitted from is no loser points. When we go to OT we finish the game off. We have the second most wins (13) in the conference, that will help us in any tie breaker down the road. Big game tomorrow against Jersey, with a win we climb into 5th.

Edit: Actually we don't we would've played more games than Ottawa, my bad.

No you're right. If we win tomorrow, we pass them in the standings.

They are 12-7-4 (23 GP), and if we win we go to 14-9-0 (23 GP)

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
he launched himself when he delivered the hit which is illegal. i'd say 2 games should've been enough. 4 seems excessive.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Fan of neither team. my initial reaction watching the video..guy left his feet, head contact was pretty much the initial contact with forearm, possibly the elbow.Guys head snaps back like he's doing a mexican tequila popper. In today's NHL, yes that is worth 4 games. Guys should know better and keep their feet on the ground when hitting. Lundin should keep his head up when moving laterally across a blue line. Does not excuse jumping into a guy leading with your forearm like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad