GDT: 12/13/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto vs Tampa Bay

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
No.

But first it takes winning a series to be able to win a cup.
Which the Leafs could very well do this year, they have the second best record in the league, if they're not a favourite in a series (other than vs the Bolts) who is?

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
Oooo boy the straw grasping in the Leafs GTD by some of their fans is something else.

"They're not overly impressive"

"Favorable schedule"

"Vasy hasn't been good this year" (.927 2.29)

In response to someone saying Tampa is the clear best team in the East: "Is it clear? I'm not so sure about that"

Someone else saying we basically haven't played anyone

Someone saying Washington and Pit are better than TB

Plenty of fans giving us appropriate respect, but holy **** man.
I'm a Leafs fan and I also cringed at those quotes. I apologize for the idiots of our fanbase on behalf of the sensible fans

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
AgonizingWarpedAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
I had Hockey Central on during lunch and apparently the Bolts are not a favorite to win the cup despite being 6 points ahead of anyone else in the league according to Kypreos. He says you "shouldn't forget about them" like we're an afterthought. Goofy.

The Bolts were essentially in the same boat last season, dominating the regular season and then just fell short.. As a Caps fan I can say that the regular season means very little in the grande scheme of things.. I'm fully expecting a Caps vs Bolts ECF rematch!!

Reactions: mjtm777

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Which the Leafs could very well do this year, they have the second best record in the league, if they're not a favourite in a series (other than vs the Bolts) who is?

THE CAPS!!!

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Oooo boy the straw grasping in the Leafs GTD by some of their fans is something else.

"They're not overly impressive"

"Favorable schedule"

"Vasy hasn't been good this year" (.927 2.29)

In response to someone saying Tampa is the clear best team in the East: "Is it clear? I'm not so sure about that"

Someone else saying we basically haven't played anyone

Someone saying Washington and Pit are better than TB

Plenty of fans giving us appropriate respect, but holy **** man.
This is a defense comparison I saw over there:

"Defense
Hedman=Rielly
Dermot>mcdonagh
Gardiner>Sergechev
Girardi>Zaitsev
Coburn=Hainsey
Oz=Cernak"

To their credit, a lot of Leaf fans are calling it out. But... My goodness.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Big Cat wants big win!!!! No stopping him.
I think this is the perfect game for him to comeback tbh. Everyone should be ready to go.
giphy.gif

I always thought he just had crazy eyes. But from the look of this, he's actually doing Holtby-esque eye exercises. That's kind of awesome. Lines up with the stories about his attention to detail/work ethic.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Bolts were essentially in the same boat last season, dominating the regular season and then just fell short.. As a Caps fan I can say that the regular season means very little in the grande scheme of things.. I'm fully expecting a Caps vs Bolts ECF rematch!!
Obviously. My point is usually when talking favorites you take a glance at the standings and we're top of the list, how can you act as if... "well maybe they have a 5% chance as a dark horse candidate" which is basically how he was acting, lol.

Reactions: kuzy92

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

"Defense
Hedman=Rielly
Dermot>mcdonagh
Gardiner>Sergechev
Girardi>Zaitsev
Coburn=Hainsey
Oz=Cernak"

That's literally the wildest **** I've ever seen. And they have a seriously hard time understanding why people dislike their fanbase.

Reactions: JDBolt

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I somehow feel like this is gonna be the Cedric Paquette show. I think Leaf fans will want him suspended two or three times over by the end of the night.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I had Hockey Central on during lunch and apparently the Bolts are not a favorite to win the cup despite being 6 points ahead of anyone else in the league according to Kypreos. He says you "shouldn't forget about them" like we're an afterthought. Goofy.

So basically that is Kyp and his own stupid opinion.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I don't think any leaf fan believes the Leafs are as good as the Bolts right now, we haven't been fully healthy yet outside of 1 game and our play lately hasn't been that good despite winning games. The win on Tuesday against the Canes was a good first step, I think all Leaf fans are anxious to see how we stack up fully healthy against the Bolts. This is the first time all year we've played a team with a better record than us.
We aren't healthy either.

Reactions: JDBolt

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

"Defense
Hedman=Rielly
Dermot>mcdonagh
Gardiner>Sergechev
Girardi>Zaitsev
Coburn=Hainsey
Oz=Cernak"

This person needs to be publicly shamed. I DEMAND HIS NAME POST HASTE!

Reactions: Raging Bull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad