jsCAKDE.png

4zGw3KP.png

DQY29L7.png

Reactions: Sk8M8

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Crunch already showed their organization what's gonna happen today.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If we lose, we're going to have to hear about it on these forums until the next time we play, which is in like March.

If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.

You raise a substantial point. I've been looking forward to this game and dreading it for that very reason. It might be a good idea if some of us make it to the GDT. We can handle ourselves in there. Even in a loss we may yet negate some of the gloating we're going to hear so long as we get a word in edgewise. If we win we won't have to hear about Leafs vs Lightning...... until March.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
This game means nothing. Should Leafs get past the 1st round (and I doubt they will) we'll just sweep them in the playoffs, guaran.effin.tee. Win / Lose tonight ... matters very little.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tonight does matter. It's the biggest game they've played this year. Does it matter in the sense that this is going to have an impact on future outcomes? Nah, but it'll definitely teach us all something.

Toronto is the team that magically became "just as good as Tampa" by signing Tavares. Most people agree it's Tampa or Toronto coming out of the East this season.

I've been cautious in saying this team feels different this year. Tonight is gonna go a long way in proving it. We can't have a bad first period. We can't have a bad period at all, because they're capable of making you pay much worse than the Rangers are.

Big game. I'm hyped up boys.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The switch...leave it alone.

I expect a playoff like atmosphere. Vasy must look extra sharp in practice

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
That's a very Tampa Bay thing to do. Put in your starting goalie after missing a month in the toughest game so far. Doesn't sound like a bad idea or anything...

Just win. f*** them and their annoying ass fans.

Reactions: JDBolt

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They'd better not be rushing Vasy back because this is our first somewhat big game of the year. I mean, it sort of is, but at the same time, it's the smallest big game we're going to have from here on out. I'd rather lose 14-5 than risk Vasy's health.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
In 1 more game than the Leafs, we have 6 more GA. The Leafs brag about their GA. In 1 more game than the Leafs, we have scored 17 more GF. Somehow the Leafs are deeper than us.

This is a lose - lose game. If we lose, the Leaf fanbase will act like they have won the Stanley cup. They barely remember what it's like to win a series. If we win this game, they will spin it to prove how they are still better some how, and be just as unbearable as they normally are.

No one ever wins playing the Leafs...no one.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Big game in December huh? /rolleyes

I think there's definitely a bit of pride at stake here, but it's more about the way the Leafs are looking at this game. This is THEIR big test, not ours, so they're going to come out blazing, the same way TB did when we started realizing our potential. So I think our team is gearing up for that, which does set up a "big game" atmosphere, even if two points is two points, and the outcome is almost inconsequential.

The Leafs are looking at us like a measuring stick. There's no way this is "just another game" for them, which, in turn, makes it a big game for us too.

That said, it still scares me that we're bringing Vasy back before it was anticipated. I feel like we have a long history of putting guys on the ice to appease their "warrior" mentality, rather than playing the long game, and making sure there's no chance whatsoever he could do damage tonight. Some injuries just nag players all year if they don't sit the **** down and let it heal.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I think there's definitely a bit of pride at stake here, but it's more about the way the Leafs are looking at this game. This is THEIR big test, not ours, so they're going to come out blazing, the same way TB did when we started realizing our potential. So I think our team is gearing up for that, which does set up a "big game" atmosphere, even if two points is two points, and the outcome is almost inconsequential.

The Leafs are looking at us like a measuring stick. There's no way this is "just another game" for them, which, in turn, makes it a big game for us too.

That said, it still scares me that we're bringing Vasy back before it was anticipated. I feel like we have a long history of putting guys on the ice to appease their "warrior" mentality, rather than playing the long game, and making sure there's no chance whatsoever he could do damage tonight. Some injuries just nag players all year if they don't sit the **** down and let it heal.
I don't think they'd let him play if it was a question with how well they've been doing without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad