GDT: 12/12/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hope is same lines as last game except Vladdy centers Palat & Kuch. That is really all the change that needs to happen...Blunden can fill in on the fourth line as a LW for Boyle.

I would go with..

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Brown - Flip - Callahan
Drouin - Vladdy - Killorn
Blunden - Boyle - JAM.

or if Coop really wanted to be guns blazin...

Drouin - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Flip - Callahan
Brown - Vladdy - Killorn
Blunden - Boyle - JAM.

Killorn and Vladdy have not been playing well the last several games which is why for their reduced ice time, and maybe Brown is the solution for that. But that 3rd line was so good last game.

Most importantly keep Cally and Flip together and I don't mean put them together with Stamkos, God Forbid.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Keep the 1st and 3rd lines the same as last time and move Vlad up with Kucherov and Palat.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Getting Johnson completely healed should be this teams priority right now. No more rushing back. Make sure the guy is right.

Seemed like Drouin came back a little early from his injury too, didn't look great, and had to miss more time. I know the team has a bit of an uphill climb so they want to get back to help but these guys aren't going to help if they're not right.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Keep the 1st and 3rd lines the same as last time and move Vlad up with Kucherov and Palat.

Vladdy has been in Coop's doghouse as of late, played like 8 mins last game and Killorn has generated 1 point in like 6 games since with Stamkos. It's an opportunity to try Kucherov out with Stamkos again, and although would prefer to see Drouin up there rather than Palat, it at least gives us a stronger top line.

I mean if Stamkos cannot look dangerous skating with Kucherov, it's a serious problem. lol.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we'll see Stamkos-Kuch.

Also, I don't know if I've ever seen a player rush back more often than Tyler Johnson. And he doesn't play particularly well when he's not fully healthy. I know players want to prove their tough etc etc, but it's not smart in the big picture. We're not really the Tampa Bay Lightning without a 100% healthy Tyjo.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Just remembering the last Capitals game is traumatic. I'll be going to a Chiefs game about halfway through the game tonight which might just save me from alcohol poisoning

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

This. If it doesn't work, mix the top 6 around, but give the FCB (sounds good to me, FC Bayern and stuff ;) ) another night.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
So hard when practically every game the line are shuffled . I hope they at least can stick with Cally, Flip and Brown as a line.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

And yes, Carle will probably be back in, kind of sad but not surprising how you don't miss him once when he isn't playing

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Seemed like Drouin came back a little early from his injury too, didn't look great, and had to miss more time. I know the team has a bit of an uphill climb so they want to get back to help but these guys aren't going to help if they're not right.

He did look great his first game back... making stupid decisions with the puck doesn't mean he's injured, Drouin just isn't able to pull consistency at the NHL level yet.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Ugh the Caps, going be a stiff test can't play like they in the 1st period last game or they'll get run over. This is getting really old with TJ. I don't want to see him til January, stop coming back early!

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
He did look great his first game back... making stupid decisions with the puck doesn't mean he's injured, Drouin just isn't able to pull consistency at the NHL level yet.

I think he meant earlier, he was injured earlier in the season, then came back and then got hurt again before coming back a few games ago, since then he's been great and fully healthy ut he came back to soon the first time and just like with TJ it was a bad idea.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I don't get how Drouin gets demoted but Stamkos doesn't.

At this point anyone who don't have to play with Stamkos is better off for it however I agree, it's another reason why I'm not sure signing Stamkos is a good idea, because we "need" to play him in the top-6 (well, we really don't but he will anyway) and everyone that might be great players but don't match with him will be playing on lower line (if they get lucky on the 2nd but if TKO comes back then it's bottom-6 for you).

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Special teams is going to be big. I doubt we'll win that battle, but if we can at least cancel out their PP, that should give us a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad