GDT: 12/12/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Great effort , and I disagree Stamkos played well as did the whole team. Holtby just played better than Bishop not to say Bish played bad.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Great effort , and I disagree Stamkos played well as did the whole team. Holtby just played better than Bishop not to say Bish played bad.

Stamkos wasn't noticable, which doesn't help his case. Brown and Kucherov where flying that game. Holtby was just too good, he's really started to shine the past few seasons, I think he could take the Vezina this year if his play keep up.

Bish let two softies in that cost the team the game. He gets a pass tho because he's been playing so well and made a bunch of great saves last night too, came down to who was the better goalie last night. Tampa had their chances

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Have to disagree dude. Kucherov, Callahan, Brown, Filppula, and even Killorn kept attacking the zone kept pushing and shooting, where as Stamkos was not noticable and did not have that many good scoring chances and did not look dangerous. JT Brown has looked more dangerous than him in the last week or so. He had Kucherov to skate with who has been one of our best forwards and he still could not generate enough offense. The assist on the PP, was a routine pass to the point, it was Stralman who made the heads up pass to get it to Kucherov. It was not like he fought off someone to gain control of the puck on the boards, it was a loose puck he picked up and easily sailed it to Stralman.

All we needed was one dominating shift from Stamkos, and maybe we walk out of this game with a point. Kucherov, Callahan, Brown, and Flip put the team on their shoulders against Ottawa, all 4 of them looked great again in this game, shutting down Ovi, bringing the offense, but they cannot do it every night, which is why we need a guy like Stamkos to come through.

This was a game Stamkos could of took control, the game was so winnable, we were dominating, but 1 SOG from a guy looking to make over 12 million is acceptable? Give me a break. I know some players have not been scoring like they should but they are doing everything else they can to win, and the efforts are there.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
How many times have we said now it was a game Stamkos could have "taken over" and won for us? He either isn't capable right now or has checked out

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How many times have we said now it was a game Stamkos could have "taken over" and won for us? He either isn't capable right now or has checked out

The former. This isn't new. This is just basically the way he plays now, and he's been playing this way for a while. Same as the playoffs last year when the entire Toronto media speculated he was "injured." No guys. This is Steven Stamkos, 2015.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This game was one where a team needs their superstar to step up and take over. This is where your superstar and captain is supposed to will the team to the win. We saw Johnson do it last year in the playoffs, so we know what it looks like.

Yzerman should sit Stamkos and Meehan down and show the highlights for this game. After they finish watching it, he should ask them both how many highlights included Stamkos besides the Kuch goal where he's standing in the distance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad