Post-Game Talk: 12/11/17 - Rangers vs. Stars

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
We've been posting here for roughly the same amount of time... you get it...

I really want to see a change... everything. .. the ship has sailed on this group since the ECF.

As long as Hank is here, they'll be just good enough to either just make , miss the playoffs. The epitome of mediocrity.

Dark times coming up
id say this is major league hyperbole. The Rangers have maybe the best goalie prospect in the universe in the pipeline. theyre young, and theyre not tied into too many awful contracts.

Dark times? no.

Championships? Unlikely. but I wouldnt say dark times.

and this is from someone who wants to sell, because i want to win a championship when its Shesty time...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't see dark times ahead, but I do see major decisions needing to be made and having to commit to a direction.

The Rangers have some good young/younger/youngish talent to work with. But they're also a team that isn't quite sure if it owes its old guard more support, or needs to start planning for the next crop of players.

Right now, they're good enough to make the playoffs, but not what one would consider an obvious contender. They are, to some extent, the dreaded middle they feared becoming and they're going to have to pick a direction at some point because there's definitely a market for a few guys that are on the older side of the equation.

But no, not dark times. Dark times was 1997-2003.

As we've discussed, this team has significantly more depth of talent than that era had.

Reactions: Rangers_23

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
"You may select up to 3 Pavelecs".

Nash and Zuccs as Hon. Mentions.

Kreider stunk so bad tonight. I was cursing him.

Who would have thought it possible that Fast might put up more points than Kreider, this year? One of them gets top-line assignments and PP time. It's not Fast.

Boo on the usual criticized Rangers so as to not hurt anyone's feelings.

Oops. And of course, AV, because a good coach would have this team undefeated.

Last edited:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
dark times arent coming.

this team has a solid nucleus in place to compete. better drafting in round 1 would certainly help along with dumping some non productive contracts. shesty looks to be the real deal. if so, and if this team can add some young shooters, i think well be fine. i like the core group we have.

remember, everyone else is getting older too.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Was at the game and minues OT and the last 4 minutes of regulation this game was easily the worst I have ever seen, dark ages included. Stars looked like they were on a PP for almost 50 minutes. Hayes was extremely frustrating to watch. Nothing seemed to go together for him and at one point, after giving the puck away unnecessarily he threw his hands in the air as if he wanted to give up. For as bad as the whole game was though OT was extremely exciting and could and should have gone our way. Overall we are super lucky to jave robbed a point.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't see dark times ahead, but I do see major decisions needing to be made and having to commit to a direction.

The Rangers have some good young/younger/youngish talent to work with. But they're also a team that isn't quite sure if it owes its old guard more support, or needs to start planning for the next crop of players.

Right now, they're good enough to make the playoffs, but not what one would consider an obvious contender. They are, to some extent, the dreaded middle they feared becoming and they're going to have to pick a direction at some point because there's definitely a market for a few guys that are on the older side of the equation.

But no, not dark times. Dark times was 1997-2003.

As we've discussed, this team has significantly more depth of talent than that era had.

Good young talent, but you need some great young talent in order to have a shot in the future.

Zib and Buch might become that, but I'd bet against on both. Chytil?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Good young talent, but you need some great young talent in order to have a shot in the future.

Zib and Buch might become that, but I'd bet against on both. Chytil?

I agree, they are going to need some higher end talent.

Chytil has a shot to be a higher-end offensive talent, but it's still too soon to tell.

Zib could be that guy too, but he has to do it over a full season - which seems to be easier said than done for the second season in a row. Depends on how he comes back from the concussion and plays through the rest of the season. He's talented enough to be a 70 point center, both there are factors beyond talent that will play a role in deciding if he hits that level.

Buch has a shot to be higher-end winger as well. But it's also unknown at this time.

They have some nice players, but they're going to need one or two clear cut guys to lead the way. Right now, they have some possibilities, but what they have is more "maybe" than "mastery" at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad