GDT: #12 - 11/03/15 | washington capitals @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Can we please stop talking about turtling now, though?

Playing a passive 2-1-2 like they were doing in the second and early third is not turtling. If you see the guys start employing a 1-1-3 or a 1-4 then you can start talking about turtling. Sort of crazy that some guys want to label a 2-1-2 as "turtling" and it, frankly, just is blatantly false.

Hell, the team hasn't even fully pulled back yet. Still playing mostly a moderately aggressive 1-2-2. I think part of that is because the Caps are deflated and the Rangers know that they don't have to go ultra-defensive.

I'm not saying this to be a dick, but I think some guys on here aren't fully aware of the different player alignments and automatically assume that not full aggression = turtling. That's just not true.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I almost feel bad for Islander fans who had to watch Grabner give them a sense of hope 5 times a game.

Ovidius

May 14, 2014
Holtby struggling... Except against Nash...

Poor Rick... He's like in a baseball player's hitters slump

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
Holy **** theres already a vid on my Yahoo of Ovie getting speared, classic overeaction

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Too much thinking on the breakaway, but still, chances are good. Keep it up.

I disagree, the breakaways by Kreider and Stalberg tonight were just flicking the puck at the net without any sort of thought process in mind, they were really ****ing lazy plays imo.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
my excitement level for Kreider's pass took a serious nosedive once I saw it was Staal who he was passing to.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
my excitement level for Kreider's pass took a serious nosedive once I saw it was Staal who he was passing to.

At least Girardi can sometimes get the puck on net and occasionally pinches down for a goal. Staal offers nothing in the offensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad