GDT: #12 – Sabres at Isles Sat Feb 9–7:00PM ET– TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM (Myers may sit)

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
At this point I'd rather just send Grigs down. I know it's going to burn a year with him only getting a few meaningless games up here, but he'll develop better for the long run.

And, as others have stated... we need Leino healthy. Our 3rd and 4th lines look like they couldn't score if the opposing team was blindfolded and using field hockey sticks.

buffswords

Feb 2, 2012
Hamburg NY
I'm starting to get sick of watching this team.
There's no skating,
no intensity,
no hitting,
they just wave their sticks around attempting to get the puck,
the forecheck is awful; they have to start sending more than one guy,
the passing is terrible,
If not for Vanek and Miller, we might not have a win this year. Why can't we play every game like the ones we played against Philly and Boston. Can we only play good against good teams when we're forced to just so we're not blown out? We are good enough to crush most of the teams in this league, it's just we play down to all of these teams levels instead of running over them.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Back to back Sekera/Weber shifts over 1:30 long :help:

Weber ended the period with 3 more shifts over a minute long; two of them with Sulzer, and one of those only ended with the puck in the Buffalo net.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Welp. a disaster season def gets us a good draft pick, and maybe a new coach.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm starting to get sick of watching this team.
There's no skating,
no intensity,
no hitting,
they just wave their sticks around attempting to get the puck,
the forecheck is awful; they have to start sending more than one guy,
the passing is terrible,
If not for Vanek and Miller, we might not have a win this year. Why can't we play every game like the ones we played against Philly and Boston. Can we only play good against good teams when we're forced to just so we're not blown out? We are good enough to crush most of the teams in this league, it's just we play down to all of these teams levels instead of running over them.

No. Just no.

No team with one - MAYBE two - top 4 defensemen in their lineup nightly is "good enough to crush most of the teams in this league".

That's even leaving aside the fact that no one's good enough in this age to regularly crush most of the teams in this league on a regular basis.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kind of random but how has McNabb been playing recently? We could really use a defenseman on this team who will clear the crease and at least put a guy against the boards. This group of defenseman outside of Weber is as soft as warm butter.

Amerks fans have reported a distinct uptick in his game since the NHLers departed. Granted, there was no where to go but up. :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Welp. a disaster season def gets us a good draft pick, and maybe a new coach.

And with the holes they have, any of the top three would be damned appealing for this roster. Even outside of them, there is a lot to like about the top 10-12 guys. Watch them pick 13.... :laugh:

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Amerks fans have reported a distinct uptick in his game since the NHLers departed. Granted, there was no where to go but up. :laugh:

Ha good to hear though. I just remember that monster hit he threw on Nielsen and can't help but think that type of D-man is much needed at this point. Send Pardy back down and call him up what can it hurt at this point? This defense is just pathetic to watch...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Sabres equipment managers must have put some anti-stick-em on each of the Sabres defense sricks........ because I've never seen them over play and whiff on so many pucks.....

Must be some kind of new vulcanized rubber repellant formula.......:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad