Proposal: 11th OA pick to MTL

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
How is it a hard no from VAN? Getting rid of Myers will probably cost a first or at least a second alone. Barron is a first rounder RHD with top 4 potential who produced at almost 0,5 ppg in his first season. Kidney has been producing like crazy in the Q these past two years and would automatically be a top 5 prospect for you guys and then theres the second.
IMO MTL is the team overpaying here
Because he has one year left and after his bonus will be easy to trade. Plus we have no prospect pool and are way better off to wait a year and have a few contracts expire and see if OEL rebounds.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
So sad that you didnt even rrealize what I was doing.
i know exactly what you are doing , in every habs tread you are trolling.
calling out habs fans and putting out stupid proposal ,
you are the worse Phily fans of all by far.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Calling Barron a B prospect and comparing Allens contract to the albatros that is Myers’ is nothing short of stupid
You are right about one thing. I shouldnt be comparing the Myers and Allen contracts. The Myers shit contract only has 1 year remaining where as the Allen shit contract has 2. How stupid of me.

i know exactly what you are doing , in every habs tread you are trolling.
calling out habs fans and putting out stupid proposal ,
you are the worse Phily fans of all by far.
You still dont get it, such a shame.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

BlamBlam

Jan 25, 2010
They’ve waited this long to dump Myers, might as well see if 50% retained at the deadline gets them close to nothing rather add something to do it in the off season.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Myers has one year left on his bad contract with a $6 million cap hit. Once his bonus of $5 million is paid this September he is owed $1 million. The Canucks aren’t trading the 11th overall in an historically deep draft to move the contract as he’s probably tradeable once the bonus is paid.
Just a really poorly thought out proposal by the OP that is heavily weighted in his own teams favour.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Who wants two B level prospects? How about we throw in a future 2nd round pick? But wait, there's more. We will take back your bad contract with a whopping one year remaining.

All of this can be yours for the low low price of the 11th overall pick in the best draft in several years. Also, if you accept in the next 10 minutes we will throw in a Mike Hoffman bobblehead.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Canucks have plenty of decent prospects already - what they need is high end ones. The 11thov represents that, and is easily the best piece in the OP. Not trading 11 for cap relief.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Myers has one year left on his bad contract with a $6 million cap hit. Once his bonus of $5 million is paid this September he is owed $1 million. The Canucks aren’t trading the 11th overall in an historically deep draft to move the contract as he’s probably tradeable once the bonus is paid.
Just a really poorly thought out proposal by the OP that is heavily weighted in his own teams favour.
Just gonna ignore Barron, Kidney and the second

Who wants two B level prospects? How about we throw in a future 2nd round pick? But wait, there's more. We will take back your bad contract with a whopping one year remaining.

All of this can be yours for the low low price of the 11th overall pick in the best draft in several years. Also, if you accept in the next 10 minutes we will throw in a Mike Hoffman bobblehead.
Monahan, Marleau all cost a first to dump despite only having one year left. If not a first, then moving Myers would at least cost a 2nd

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
MTL : Tyler Myers + 11th OA pick
VAN : Justin Barron + Riley Kidney + 2nd RD pick 2024
2 comments -
1) if Canucks give their high '23 first rounder, they should require a pick this year in the package
2) if Beck makes Kidney redundant, then Beck is the guy Canucks should receive ...
IMHO Barron, Beck and the Fla '23 1st seems a fairer price

but i also dont understand this "cap (MTL has plenty of space),"
per CF Habs have les than $1M
yeah i get that Price will LTIR, giving back space come autumn,
but they mighty even exceed the padded Summer cap

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I don't think the 11th gets moved in an incremental type move like this. Vancouver will want a high-quality asset in return, not a bucket of interesting but non-elite assets and some cap room.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
LOL

Canucks don’t have to do anything. They have 15M of cap space that leaves next year, and they have other pieces like Garland and Boeser retained they can use to create more cap space.

One of the worst ever proposals I’ve seen :laugh:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Monahan, Marleau all cost a first to dump despite only having one year left. If not a first, then moving Myers would at least cost a 2nd
Huge difference is that Myers is owed $1 million in actual cash. The Canucks won’t pay a second to move that and may even get something back if they wait to the TDL.
If they really want to move out cap then Beaulivier or Garland are moveable with a small sweetener or retention that lets them keep their first. This proposal does nothing for the Canucks.
As I said just a really poorly thought out proposal.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

LVCarson

Jul 19, 2022
LOL hab fans play way too much Xbox. Time to start living in the real world.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I wonder
Huge difference is that Myers is owed $1 million in actual cash. The Canucks won’t pay a second to move that and may even get something back if they wait to the TDL.
I think it's the cap room, not the $, that are an issue. And if Vancouver waits for the bonus to be paid, by then cap room will be tight all over the league with UFA signings.... teams won't keep 6M open when there will be opportunities along the way.

I think expecting a 2nd (not necessarily Vancouver's pick) to move Myers before the draft, with no cap returning, isn't an unfair assessment of his value.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I wonder

I think it's the cap room, not the $, that are an issue. And if Vancouver waits for the bonus to be paid, by then cap room will be tight all over the league with UFA signings.... teams won't keep 6M open when there will be opportunities along the way.

I think expecting a 2nd (not necessarily Vancouver's pick) to move Myers before the draft, with no cap returning, isn't an unfair assessment of his value.
I disagree but we will see.
Cap space is definitely relevant but so is cash owed. Marleau cost a first to move but he was owed cash equal to his cap hit.
My preference would be to try to move Myers with retention after the bonus but if he can’t be moved then hold onto him until the trade deadline where he should be easy to move. D are always in demand at that time and people are usually shocked by the returns.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I wonder

Canucks don’t need to dump expiring contracts like at all.

Canucks will gladly keep Pearson (LTIR), Beauvillier, and Myers and use them as TDL pieces and recoup draft picks if it comes to that. We’re not paying anyone to take these contracts.

Garland has value in a trade, as does a retained Boeser @ 4.6M (2M retained).

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Canucks don’t need to dump expiring contracts like at all.

Canucks will gladly keep Pearson (LTIR), Beauvillier, and Myers and use them as TDL pieces and recoup draft picks if it comes to that. We’re not paying anyone to take these contracts.

Garland has value in a trade, as does a retained Boeser @ 4.6M (2M retained).
I won't pretend I know what Vancouver needs to do, but moving net cap out will cost you, these days. Waiting it out until the cap goes up isn't a bad tactic for non-playoff teams.

Reactions: viceroy

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Vancouver isn't begging to dump cap and has no reason to pay premiums to do it. That's one of the biggest differences but you're also missing another huge difference in terms of value. Not all first rounders are equal. This is the biggest issues you have let alone completely striking out by claiming to help Vancouver replenish their prospect pool by proposing a trade that waters down the quality of their prospects.

The 1st spent to dump Monahan was also at least 2 seasons away (2025 or 2026) AND is expected to be in the mid first round or later (16+). Monahan (I still love the guy) was owed full salary plus his health was always questionable. Myers does not have these issues. He will easily play the season as a warm body as a passable 4/5. That's a huge difference between the value of the Monahan first and the 11OA in a stronger draft that you're requesting.

Marleau's situation at 6.25 AAV at a time when cap space was even more valuable AND a buyout condition so he could return to SJS, so the trade criteria demanded more premium. First rounder was a top 10 protected pick which could slide. In the end it was the 13th OA pick in 2020 which was a very uncertain draft.

Your idea is demanding a much higher calibre first rounder than the previous two situations for a much lower cost trade criteria. The pieces you are sending back are not enough of a consideration for Vancouver to consider the concept because 11OA in this draft is higher calibre and considered a valuable draft pick within top 10 of drafts in other years. That's why you're being skewered.

Reactions: Tempo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad