Proposal: 11th OA pick to MTL

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
I feel like VAN might be a prime trade partner for MTL as they need to shed cap (MTL has plenty of space), don't have a deep prospect pool (MTL has plenty of solid prospects) and could really use a young D with potential (with MTL more likely than not to draft Reinbacher at 5th, one of our young D could become expendable). So how about this :

MTL : Tyler Myers + 11th OA pick
VAN : Justin Barron + Riley Kidney + 2nd RD pick 2024

That way VAN accomplish many things:

They get plenty of cap space to maybe sign a guy like Severson
They get more quantity in terms of prospects (2nd + Kidney is highly skilled but also redundant in MTL's prospect pool with the likes of Roy, Farrell, Beck, Mesar, etc.).

MTL gets to draft Reinbacher and one of Benson, Leonard or Dvorsky at 11th (I would even try to move up again in the top 10 (a team like WAS could be a good fit at 8th) to secure Leonard or Benson).

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
How is it a hard no from VAN? Getting rid of Myers will probably cost a first or at least a second alone. Barron is a first rounder RHD with top 4 potential who produced at almost 0,5 ppg in his first season. Kidney has been producing like crazy in the Q these past two years and would automatically be a top 5 prospect for you guys and then theres the second.
IMO MTL is the team overpaying here

Reactions: Qwijibo and Dutronc

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I don’t know how I feel about this one. Barron has just come into his own and is showing real promise and the ability to play in his own zone as well as run the PP. But you’ve got to give to get…

Myers will buy some time at least for Reinbacher to come in to the line up, and maybe a better fit as partner for a guy like Hutson. However, what makes this more complex is I’d still prefer Michkov/ Smith over Reinbacher at 5.

Barron is becoming a good player and is still very young, but I don’t know if he’s the ideal RHD stylistically for Vancouver. Kidney has a tonne of potential as well, and is hardly a throw in. His PPG after moving to Gatineau this year was ridicules.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
I don’t know how I feel about this one. Barron has just come into his own and is showing real promise and the ability to play in his own zone as well as run the PP. But you’ve got to give to get…

Myers will buy some time at least for Reinbacher to come in to the line up, and maybe a better fit as partner for a guy like Hutson. However, what makes this more complex is I’d still prefer Michkov/ Smith over Reinbacher at 5.

Barron is becoming a good player and is still very young, but I don’t know if he’s the ideal RHD stylistically for Vancouver. Kidney has a tonne of potential as well, and is hardly a throw in. His PPG after moving to Gatineau this year was ridicules.
Honestly, Id just buy out Myers right away if this trade was to actually happen.

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Harris
Xhekaj-Kovacevic/Mailloux (depending on his camp) /Reinbacher (ideally AHL all year but you never know)

Myers is just pure garbage and itd be a shame to waste a spot on the roster for him imo.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
I feel like VAN might be a prime trade partner for MTL as they need to shed cap (MTL has plenty of space), don't have a deep prospect pool (MTL has plenty of solid prospects) and could really use a young D with potential (with MTL more likely than not to draft Reinbacher at 5th, one of our young D could become expendable). So how about this :

MTL : Tyler Myers + 11th OA pick
VAN : Justin Barron + Riley Kidney + 2nd RD pick 2024

That way VAN accomplish many things:

They get plenty of cap space to maybe sign a guy like Severson
They get more quantity in terms of prospects (2nd + Kidney is highly skilled but also redundant in MTL's prospect pool with the likes of Roy, Farrell, Beck, Mesar, etc.).

MTL gets to draft Reinbacher and one of Benson, Leonard or Dvorsky at 11th (I would even try to move up again in the top 10 (a team like WAS could be a good fit at 8th) to secure Leonard or Benson).
Vancouver won't do this
Barron got good flash last year but work defensively are a problem

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Habs and canucks fans on this thread calling each other delusional and questioning each others asset valuations.

IMG_5033.jpeg

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
What would be the ask from Van then ?
I am guessing they are not rebuilding juste yet with Petterson, Hughes in their prime.
Young guns ready for the NHL ?
Harris, Beck, Farrell, Heinemem, Kovasevic, could be decents targets for VAN,

Flyers offer:

Flyers - Jake Allen, 31st pick

Habs - B level prospect 1, B level prospect 2, 2024 3rd round pick
wrong tread buddy , and Habs have plenty of B prospect.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Honestly, Id just buy out Myers right away if this trade was to actually happen.

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Harris
Xhekaj-Kovacevic/Mailloux (depending on his camp) /Reinbacher (ideally AHL all year but you never know)

Myers is just pure garbage and itd be a shame to waste a spot on the roster for him imo.
Buying out Myers barely saves you anything. You could probably just retain half and move him to a team he's willing to go. At 3 million, Myers can be somewhat useful.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Chicago makes a lot of sense for a pick swap

To Chicago: 11th overall + your choice of bad contract(s)

To Vancouver: 19th overall

JohnTheBaptist

We are brothers/sisters and of the Divine Source
Nov 13, 2022
No deal. Barron isn't going anywhere. We need RD we only have Barron and Mailloux for the future.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
What would be the ask from Van then ?
I am guessing they are not rebuilding juste yet with Petterson, Hughes in their prime.
Young guns ready for the NHL ?
Harris, Beck, Farrell, Heinemem, Kovasevic, could be decents targets for VAN,

wrong tread buddy , and Habs have plenty of B prospect.
So sad that you didnt even rrealize what I was doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad