Golf: 119th US Open Championship

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
DJ can't find the ball. This is an unplayable no matter what, is it?

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Spieth is #1 in the World Brat Rankings. Remember when he, Day, and Rory were gonna win every major. Maybe not.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I don't mind Rosey, but I'm glad he didn't run away with this today. Could shape up to be a solid leaderboard come Sunday.

With that said, let's go DJ.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Phil having himself a nice little Friday.

Rory hit a little bump, but has made a nice rebound.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Woodland will inevitably fall back as he's ordinarily a garbage putter, and Rose is outside the top 100 this week in both fairways hit and greens hit. That won't last either.

Hoping Brooks makes a run today. I've really taken a liking to Brooks this year, he's like a better (albeit much less interesting) Pat Reed for me.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rose played like garbage the first two rounds, but scrambled and putted at a crazy level. The putting could continue for four rounds, but it usually doesn’t. There usually comes a point in round 4 where the errant full shots lose you a few strokes.

The scrambling is even less likely to continue. I think play around the greens this week is neutralized because it’s such luck of the draw with the lies you get. Rose has been hitting all of them close, which makes me think he’s getting really lucky with how his shots are coming out of the grass. There’s a lot of guess work to some of these shots. He’s hit on just about all of them, which I don’t think is sustainable through four rounds.

I’d look for 6 to at least get you into a playoff after 72.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tiger's iron play has been quite shocking this week

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad