Golf: 119th US Open Championship

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Tiger with a 1 under 70. How, I have no idea

At the end of the day Tiger, Spieth, and Brooks finals scores didn’t at all seem indicative of how they played because each one had certain aspects of their game working at polar opposites all day. Tiger’s game off the tee and on the greens was great but irons and approaches was awful. Brooks game on the greens was good early then sucked late. Meanwhile his approach shots were probably better than they were at Bethpage any of the 4 days. Had he done that all weekend 3 weeks ago he’d have shot a -15.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
That story about Tiger finishing the 2nd round of the 2000 US Open with one ball left is pretty amazing. Never heard of it until the other day

Good dart on 11

Reactions: TB12

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Nice birdie on 11

Jordan starts off birdie birdie

Rain coming down and it looks a bit chilly.

Don't think we'll see scores like yesterday but who knows

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The inverted start times Thursday and Friday just have to be brutal for guys like Tiger/Brooks who are on the bad end of it. I have no idea why they do that, have someone play 3-8pm and then be out at 630 the next morning...should just hold the exact same times both days for everyone so you have close to a 24 hour break

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The inverted start times Thursday and Friday just have to be brutal for guys like Tiger/Brooks who are on the bad end of it. I have no idea why they do that, have someone play 3-8pm and then be out at 630 the next morning...should just hold the exact same times both days for everyone so you have close to a 24 hour break

Yeah, that's terrible. You figure those guys probably didn't settle in until around 11. Then have to get up early and get right back at it. The early/late guys probably have almost 30 hours between shots

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rose/Brooks/Tiger/Spieth all look sharp today. I wouldn’t be surprised to see one end up 4 or 5 under. Especially since that back 9 will be much easier for them as we’ve seen how good the scores have been on 1-7

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Why would they agree to that? The players who play at the end of the day are going to get the bad end of the draw. It's usually windier and the greens are more difficult to putt at the end of the day.

Tiger was done at around 7PM PT yesterday, and had an 8:24 PT tee time. It's not that bad. Maybe they have to wake up at 5-6.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, that's terrible. You figure those guys probably didn't settle in until around 11. Then have to get up early and get right back at it. The early/late guys probably have almost 30 hours between shots

As a fan, I like late/early better, but there's not that much difference between the two.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
As a fan, I like late/early better, but there's not that much difference between the two.

Overall it’s just much easier to follow Saturday and Sunday due to the meaningful guys going off late. Today we had the unfortunate luck that everyone who did well yesterday went off late so they are all going early today. I’m not sure any of those 3-4 guys who are -5 going off later will seriously contend outside of Fowler

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rose is killing it. He could be 10 or 11 under by the end of the day

Jan 3, 2012
The ball doesn't go as far on 17 as the players think. This happened a lot at the US Amateur last year.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I read a tweet earlier this week that at Pebble, approach shots go 5% shorter than other sea level courses. Seems to be a common theme now that I pay attention to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad