GDT: #11 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Islanders | October 26 | 7PM | F/L 5-2

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
and why doesn't Bailey get PP time? Regin gets more?

Bailey and Grabner need to be on the ice more, especially when they are behind.

Capuano should know this.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Keith Jones said it during the Flyer's broadcast. Moulson and Quick are brother in laws and good friends. I thought he was suggesting signing him as a free agent after the season.
It is on the Philly feed of the game, 3rd period, clock says 15:35. Start there and play the next minute or so. Jackson asks Jones in the end if he is saying he knows something and Jones just responds, "I don't know." I guess it is a hint, but if Lombardi and Snow had something worked out I doubt either guy would spill on it to tv analysts. It sounded like pure speculation to me.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
and why doesn't Bailey get PP time? Regin gets more?

Bailey and Grabner need to be on the ice more, especially when they are behind.

Capuano should know this.

Bailey's on the 2nd pp unit. JT stays out on the pp for a minute thirty plus. Its been like that forever, and as long as JT is the way he is, that ain't gonna change. Bailey missed some time once because Okposo didn't get off, and another time because Cappy went with a regular line with only 20 something seconds left in the pp (Regin's line).

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
I would assume no chance we could get a Tyler Toffoli for Moulson. Maybe an Alec Martinez, Forbort type deal? Haven't watched a whole lot of Martinez to know if that is even worth it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I hate our roster decisions. There is absolutely no reason to ever play Boulton.

I'm not really upset with Poulin tonight, most of the goals seemed pretty odd.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
I would assume no chance we could get a Tyler Toffoli for Moulson. Maybe an Alec Martinez, Forbort type deal? Haven't watched a whole lot of Martinez to know if that is even worth it.

Toffoli needs to get out of the Kings system. Kid's NHL ready and he's still playing in Manchester. If there is a deal brewing between us and LA. It better be for Toffoli. He's such a dynamic player.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Tonight was definitely not Poulin's fault. Kid was hung out to dry and should be quietly seething at his defense.

26-91-21
40-51-12
96-29-15 (although I'm starting to strongly dislike 15)
17-53-13

This lineup the next game, or I want Crapuano gone. I haven't clamored for him to be fired, but enough's enough. I'm sick of his post-game pressers about having "passengers." You're the ****ing coach! Do something about it. Bench Clutterbuck, bench Regin, bench Donovan, bench the Dman you gave an "A" to. Send a strong ****ing message or just pack your bags.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Tonight was definitely not Poulin's fault. Kid was hung out to dry and should be quietly seething at his defense.

26-91-21
40-51-12
96-29-15 (although I'm starting to strongly dislike 15)
17-53-13

This lineup the next game, or I want Crapuano gone. I haven't clamored for him to be fired, but enough's enough. I'm sick of his post-game pressers about having "passengers." You're the ****ing coach! Do something about it. Bench Clutterbuck, bench Regin, bench Donovan, bench the Dman you gave an "A" to. Send a strong ****ing message or just pack your bags.
Bench Clutterbuck? For what...being what he is, what we knew we were getting? Clutterbuck is a hitting machine that plays decent defensively, skates hard. he is not nor never was an offensive force. Snow got him for compensation of moving Nino who he wanted to get rid of. He thought that was as much as he could get, but in hindsight Clutterbuck jams up our forward lines by blocking a spot for Nelson, Strome, Lee, Sundstrom later one. No need to have signed him to a 4 year deal, he is a 4th/maybe 3rd liner. But benching him is not necessary until he stops hitting people, that's what he is here for because that's what he does, not much more. I would have preferred getting a good almost NHL ready prospect or a #1 pick (maybe 2 #2's).

Last edited:

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Hey guys for those wondering about a potential Moulson rumor, Keith Jones mentioned it during the game on the Flyers broadcast. He hinted at him potentially playing there and when asked if he knew something he didn't exactly deny it. It started off with a comment about how him and Quick married sisters and that he might end up in LA with them.

If either of the sisters can play D, I make the trade !!!:sarcasm:

camper*

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/201...he-cizikas-line-after-scoring-disaster-or-not

Hmmm...a blogger who understands the game..refreshing...:nod:

The Isles have been in every game using the 4th line extensively....a few minor kinks due to goal tending and being given d-3rd line pairing...a case of bad luck more than anything....Yet they were not used a lot vs philly and the isles were never in the game. the minus column fell on PBM -4 Bailey Nielson minus 3's..their turn for the bad luck and d-miscomunication.

You out there reading this Garik?....... here's someone who knows how to apply the #'s.....try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
http://www.lighthousehockey.com/201...he-cizikas-line-after-scoring-disaster-or-not

Hmmm...a blogger who understands the game..refreshing...:nod:

The Isles have been in every game using the 4th line extensively....a few minor kinks due to goal tending and being given d-3rd line pairing...a case of bad luck more than anything....Yet they were not used a lot vs philly and the isles were never in the game. the minus column fell on PBM -4 Bailey Nielson minus 3's..their turn for the bad luck and d-miscomunication.

You out there reading this Garik?....... here's someone who knows how to apply the #'s.....try it.

Interesting piece. One poster in the comments section asked an equally important question though, which was "what pairing is out there?" I noticed the lack of energy unit last night which considering the team we played is noteworthy, but front and center in the loss was the defense and what nonsense Cappy made of pairings. You don't need a Ouiji board to conclude Donovan should not be playing with Carkner or Hickey, yet that is exactly what the worst coach in the NHL did last night for two goals against. Then there is Amac leading the way with the worst plus minus on defense, and Carkner would be neck and neck with him if he had the same number of games played - probably worse.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
The primary problem with this team is the defensive play. The frustrating part is that it isnt ONE guy or ONE Dman causing the problems. It's a combination of many things, imo:

-FWDS not backchecking
-Rookies being rookies
-Visnovsky being hurt
-Carkner being Carkner
-The Coaching

Every game its just a little of this or a little of that...and we seem to play to the level of the competition. Rarely are we the aggressors in play. To me, while we cant fix the players on D, we certainly can put them in a better position to succeed. I think we need to reign in the FWDs a bit, they need to do a better job of backchecking and clogging up the neutral zone. Too often players are crossing our blueline at full speed and all it takes is one player to blow an assignment and bing, its in the net.

The other thing that needs fixing is the coaching decisions, why does cappy seem to try every decision other than what we all think makes sense?

MM-Tavares-Bailey
Grabner-Neilsen-Okposo
PMB-Regin-Nelson
MM-CC-CC

PP1: MM-JT-Bailey-Neilsen-Donovan
PP2: Ok-Regin-PBJ-Amac-Hamonic

People have complained tavares hasnt played particularly well this year and i agree he hasnt hit his stride just yet, but he needs more of a playmaker on his line, someone who wont have his passes bounce right off their sticks into the corner half the time...why Cappy hasnt really tried bailey up there, i'll never know.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Who are we getting? Martinez? Bernier would have made sense last year. Where did you hear this rumor?

I had not heard any Moulson to LA rumors, but Frattin(the key to the Bernier trade), has been disappointing( 1g, 3 a).

Lombardi needed a 2nd line, lw scorer. One on a cheap contract because LA had little cap room.I don't know if Snow offered Nino for Bernier.Kings fans seemed to think Lombardi would not want Nino because of his stalled development and $2.7m caphit.

Moulson's making over $3m. I am guessing LA would need to send similar salary back.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
This may have been discussed already, but does anyone else think Moulson actually scored the goal that was credited to Okposo? Watching the replay, especially the one from behind Okposo, it appears that Moulson tipped the shot. Mason's reaction is consistent with that too. If it wasn't Moulson's stick, it was Luke Schenn's.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Moulson to LA? Two possible problems:

1. Maybe the reasons Lombardi didn't like Moulson's game the 1st time around still apply; and

2. Does Lombardi seem like the kind of guy who would give up assets for a guy that he let walk away previously? That would kinda be like admitting a mistake, and that doesn't seem like a Lombardi thing to do.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
The primary problem with this team is the defensive play. The frustrating part is that it isnt ONE guy or ONE Dman causing the problems. It's a combination of many things, imo:

-FWDS not backchecking
-Rookies being rookies
-Visnovsky being hurt
-Carkner being Carkner
-The Coaching

Every game its just a little of this or a little of that...and we seem to play to the level of the competition. Rarely are we the aggressors in play. To me, while we cant fix the players on D, we certainly can put them in a better position to succeed. I think we need to reign in the FWDs a bit, they need to do a better job of backchecking and clogging up the neutral zone. Too often players are crossing our blueline at full speed and all it takes is one player to blow an assignment and bing, its in the net.

The other thing that needs fixing is the coaching decisions, why does cappy seem to try every decision other than what we all think makes sense?

MM-Tavares-Bailey
Grabner-Neilsen-Okposo
PMB-Regin-Nelson
MM-CC-CC

PP1: MM-JT-Bailey-Neilsen-Donovan
PP2: Ok-Regin-PBJ-Amac-Hamonic

People have complained tavares hasnt played particularly well this year and i agree he hasnt hit his stride just yet, but he needs more of a playmaker on his line, someone who wont have his passes bounce right off their sticks into the corner half the time...why Cappy hasnt really tried bailey up there, i'll never know.
Ha, ha, why doesn't Cappy read this forum for coaching and lineup advise? Doesn't he know that we all know what's best for this team?:sarcasm:

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I hate our roster decisions. There is absolutely no reason to ever play Boulton.

I'm not really upset with Poulin tonight, most of the goals seemed pretty odd.

this seems to be the theme with poulin. goaltending and D will be our downfall this season, im hoping our offence will compensate for that deficiency, and i think it can, but they need to figure out how to keep the goals out.

i dont see hamonic developing a refined offensive game. im happy with his work in his own end, but all i see from him is blocked shots, shenked shots, and missed opportunities.

frans has been amazing so far this year, and has looked as if hes actually a legit 2nd line center. sometimes i think hes johnny out there when i only see the 1, he looks very good with the puck.

im watching the game for the first time now. how did we lose this game?? u figure we'd gain momentum from the short handed goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad