GDT: #11 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Islanders | October 26 | 7PM | F/L 5-2

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
smc9.png

s51r.png

4k7m.png

x4j2.png

ohd4.png

jcbv.png

cec5.png

ehn5.png

Radio Links: NYI | PHI
Streams: atdhe | firstrow | hockeystreams | wizwig
Previews: NHL | ESPN | Yahoo |
Last Game Info: Highlights | Photos | Recap | Box Score | Ice Tracker
Season Stats: NYI | PHI
Scoreboards: NHL | TSN | ESPN | Yahoo | CBS

Last edited:

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Sorry for the relatively late post. I was on vacation and it is still morning for me here :).

I figure Poulin gets the start, but completely guessed on the lineups with Grabner back in and not sure about Strait.

For the Flyers, I heard rumblings that Hartnell is back and that pushes McGinn off the roster. Funnily enough, he is their leading scorer. Not sure I've seen a game 10 games into the season where the leading scorer is purposely sent down. Also, don't like to kick a team when they are down, but I used my template from the Nashville game and didn't have to really change many of the point totals when doing the Flyers, even though it is 2 weeks later. :)

Go Isles!

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
You really think that Bouchard is going to get scratch after a huge goal last night?:skeptic:
I'm not a fan of Bouchard but it won't happen. You can bet on Nelson to be the healthy scratch.

Last edited:

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
You really think that Bouchard is going to get scratch after a huge goal last night?:skeptic:
I'm not a fan of Bouchard but it won't happen. You get bet on Nelson to be the healthy scratch.

Part wishful thinking, part choosing the opposite of the logical decision.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
I want to see Regin get bumped down to the 4th line and Cizikas center the 3rd line with Nelson as his linemate!

NVM apparently.

Great job on the GDT..

Mason in net for the Flyers:

Islanders line up changes:

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/394127137269383168

One of the dumbest coaches in the league, I think so. Playing Boulton instead of Nelson and McDonald annoys me so much. They don't put their young players in position to succeed, it's a problem. I'm seeing the same situation with Nelson that I saw with Ullstrom. How they can make a mistake like that again boggles my mind.

Last edited:

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
Boulton replacing McDonald on the 4th line

Not sure if Grabner or Bouchard will play the 3rd line in place of Nelson. Bouchard played with Regin earlier in the year and Grabner didn't, but I think Bouchard has looked better playing with Nielsen. Despite the animus towards Bouchard, he actually has not been bad the last few games

If it were me I would also break up Donovan/Carkner and pair Martinek with Donovan and Hickey with Carkner

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Before eveyone starts freaking about why Boulton is in is because the flyers can get really dirty and considering the way they are playing it wont take much to set them off. Carkner cant fight or we are down to 5 D although wouldnt miss him that much. Before we are start ragging on Boulton he has played one game had a pretty nice assist and played a solid game. Think he logged 7 mins not sure. He will be fine. The 4th line needed a shake up they are not playing like they did last year.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Nelson out?:rant:

This is a chance to steal 4. They have to cash in on Philly while they are in turmoil. I know it is a b2b, ans Streit will be looking to exact revenge, and Poulin is coming in cold... I hope they show up for 60.

Nice GDT 13th. Rubber stamping it? Whatever gets the W...

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
No surprise there. Is McDonald still injured? He doesnt seem 100%. He played only 7 minutes last night. And Boulton seems to be the "official" replacement for McDonald when he's not in the line-up.

That's my assumption.

I'm guessing they're playing it safe with Colin considering this is the second game of a tough back 2 back.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I actually like that Boulton is in against the Flyers. I think we're going to bring some tenacity tonight and it should be a great divisional matchup. Martin needs to start being a freight train again, so maybe having a bash bro in the lineup will spark his play because playing with McDonald certainly hasn't.

But please remind me, what has Regin done to "spice up" this lineup? #FreeNelson

Also, what does everyone see happening to the D pairings once Strait and Viz come back?

47-3
11-14
37-4

Thoughts?

I really liked Martinek's game last night and I'd be willing to send Donovan down for a few games to "polish up."

Last edited:

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I actually like that Boulton is in against the Flyers. I think we're going to bring some tenacity tonight and it should be a great divisional matchup. Martin needs to start being a freight train again, so maybe having a bash bro in the lineup will spark his play because playing with McDonald certainly hasn't.

But please remind me, what has Regin done to "spice up" this lineup? #FreeNelson

Because cracking this lineup is like trying to get an entry level job that requires 3-5 years of experience.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
That's my assumption.

I'm guessing they're playing it safe with Colin considering this is the second game of a tough back 2 back.

I don't mind absolution in the lineup. Isles play better when they are emotional. boult ones last fight drew that out of them a bit.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

Also, what does everyone see happening to the D pairings once Strait and Viz come back?

47-3
11-14
37-4

Thoughts?

I really liked Martinek's game last night and I'd be willing to send Donovan down for a few games to "polish up."

I agree. Regin has not brought much. I'd love to see Nelson with grabner and clutterbuck, okposo a back with Nielsen and Bailey. PMB with tj and Moulson. We need scoring from that 3rd line. We can't count on Nielsen being this productive. He is going to slow down...

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I agree. Regin has not brought much. I'd love to see Nelson with grabner and clutterbuck, okposo a back with Nielsen and Bailey. PMB with tj and Moulson. We need scoring from that 3rd line. We can't count on Nielsen being this productive. He is going to slow down...

I'd be uncomfortable sticking PMB on the first line with Moulson and JT. Then you'd have two floaters and our star player digging for pucks in the corners. Leave that to Okposo. Only when Strome comes up to play 1RW (because it's going to happen at some point this season) would I like to see Bailey, Nielsen, and Okposo reunited.

I mean I'd be happy with 26-91-40 too. At least Grabner compensates for his lack of physical play (don't tell Shanny!) with his speed.

26 and 96 with JT is just dead weight in my opinion.

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Because cracking this lineup is like trying to get an entry level job that requires 3-5 years of experience.

Its not that, it a coach and GM would rather look stupid dressing guys they went out and got that are are vets then admitting they screwed up when they signed that guy. So they play the hell out of them hoping something good comes from it. Its harder to stay in the NHL then it is to make the jump from the AHL. Once you sign that contract the GM's dont like to admitt they were wrong.

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rosehill is in for Hall according to flyers site. Could be a rough game Some has to keep Rinaldo from taking runs at our stars like he is known to do . First time he does it Martin Boulton or Carkner needs to set him straight.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Nice GDT..! My main concern is Poulin being cold. I hope he doesn't come out shaky. It's a big plus having Grabner back in the lineup, not to mention Philly has weak defense.

Let's go Isles!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->