GDT: #11 | Flyers at Senators | November 5, 2022 | 7:00 PM | A Tire Shop on Palladium Drive | SN1, TVAS2, NBSCP, ESPN+, 97.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Oh, you mean the guy who did nothing but lose without Parent carrying his team?

Without Parent, Clarke spends his whole retirement being mocked as a worse choker than Dionne. Leadership is a bullshit narrative.
:loony:

search Bobby Orrs' or Scotty Bowmans opinion of Robert Earl Clarke 😉

or are they overrated too 🤨

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
:loony:

search Bobby Orrs' or Scotty Bowmans opinion of Robert Earl Clarke 😉

or are they overrated too 🤨

Unsure how this proves he didn't win because of Clarke.

They wouldn't have these opinions if Clarke had never won. He'd have never won without Parent. That's the way the Country Club Fluff Machine works. And it's always in their own interest to boost their opponents.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
It would be the first hint of fair accountability in years. Only a hint.
I mean we are now in a really weird spot. Because frost and konecny have been benched. But we’ve also seen Risto get the press box now. Maybe torts just has really really really specific standards and is really really really really aggressive against those who don’t meet them.

I have no clue exactly what he’s looking for, but he apparently does and doesn’t give a rats ass who rides the pine to show them the way.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I mean we are now in a really weird spot. Because frost and konecny have been benched. But we’ve also seen Risto get the press box now. Maybe torts just has really really really specific standards and is really really really really aggressive against those who don’t meet them.

I have no clue exactly what he’s looking for, but he apparently does and doesn’t give a rats ass who rides the pine to show them the way.

There sure doesn't seem to be any consistent reasoning.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
How is he wrong? You yourself said it's hard to tell how much is the groin injury and how much is rust.

Are you saying that Risto is 100% healthy then and it's just rust? Because if you're not then he's not wrong.

GB better hope Risto is still hurt , otherwise his BFF Chuckles sure made a bad move trading and extending Fisto.

There sure doesn't seem to be any consistent reasoning.

Shit truck and little Mac have the opposite , their roles and TOI just keep increasing. We are also on a losing streak now tho, can’t be related.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Alright, I edited the OP lineup to reflect post practice skates.

I am assuming Frost is coming in for Bellows. I don't know if that is gonna push Sedlak back to LW with Frost as 4C, or what the plan is. As ever, please never consider my lineups as authoritative.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Other than hart there aren't exactly a ton of players who don't deserve to be benched.

No I wouldn't have benched TK.

Hayes? I get why he was benched but you tossed the game to teach Hayes and the team a lesson? They can't teach a lesson on how to get talent. But who needs a 7 goal 5 assiist in 11 games guy like Caufield?

Risto has suxed since coming back. period. Call it rehab. Call it a benching. I don't care. He has absolutely suxed. When your nhl rapper name is 10 cent, that ain't good.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"let's tank and rebuild" BUT don't let setting a tone for the team interfere with winning meaningless games.
Cognitive dissonance much?

Torts has one focus this season, coach up his players, find out who has the "right stuff," and get rid of the players who don't.
He can't make this team more talented, he can get more out of the talent he has and create an environment in which young players learn what it takes to win.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
"let's tank and rebuild" BUT don't let setting a tone for the team interfere with winning meaningless games.
Cognitive dissonance much?

Torts has one focus this season, coach up his players, find out who has the "right stuff," and get rid of the players who don't.
He can't make this team more talented, he can get more out of the talent he has and create an environment in which young players learn what it takes to win.
"The team is rebuilding but HAD to sign a face puncher for 4 years the first day of free agency. Also HAD to trade a bunch of picks for TDA. Because that's what rebuilding teams do"

You tell me where the cognitive dissonance is.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Deslauriers plays 8 minutes 5x5 and the PK, and so far he's been solid in that role.

MacEwen is getting a tryout, just like Allison, Laczynski, Frost, Tippett, Bellows.
He's fundamentally no different than NAK, a 26 year old 4RW who's been a marginal NHL player.

Right now, between injuries to top 6 starters and a group of forward prospects who aren't NHL ready, there's a window of opportunity to secure a starting berth - we'll see who responds.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Leadership is like coaching - it helps, and can push a team over the edge if they're good enough. But lack of leadership at the pro level doesn't make that much difference. In the NHL every guy on the team was at one point the best player / leader of a really good team in a very competitive league.

Except for Winnipeg where Wheeler and Scheifele are total dicks and they lose because nobody wants to play with them. And it's Winnipeg - no offence but it's a godforsaken frozen wasteland. If 3 of the top 10 things to do in your town are a river, a park and a museum - your city sucks. (see Pittsburgh)

I want to argue with the people who say Giroux was a disappointment / didn't show up in the playoffs but I already ignored them because they're idiots.
Yup talking about Winnipeg like you have any f ing clue . Live here and love it and Jets just about made it to the Finals a few years ago . They are 7-3-1 this year with no Ehlers , Wheeler and Scheifele are prick and nobody wants to play with them , give me a break .

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Deslauriers plays 8 minutes 5x5 and the PK, and so far he's been solid in that role.

MacEwen is getting a tryout, just like Allison, Laczynski, Frost, Tippett, Bellows.
He's fundamentally no different than NAK, a 26 year old 4RW who's been a marginal NHL player.

Right now, between injuries to top 6 starters and a group of forward prospects who aren't NHL ready, there's a window of opportunity to secure a starting berth - we'll see who responds.

MacEwen so far is more than a tryout. He's a favorite.

Is it good coaching evaluation to decide an AHL player should be a favorite regular?

You are right that it's no different than NAK, as that was also a failed evaluation.

Reactions: Tripod

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

dbG8Vd1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad