GDT: #11 | Flyers at Senators | November 5, 2022 | 7:00 PM | A Tire Shop on Palladium Drive | SN1, TVAS2, NBSCP, ESPN+, 97.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Was a big Giroux fan, but Giroux's last good playoffs with the Flyers was 2011-12.

His last four playoffs as a Flyer were subpar, with 3 first-round losses.

And then the second he was on a good team where he couldn't be gameplanned against as one of very few threats, he had a good playoffs. Weird how that works, isn't it? That's how it has always been in this sport, too.

You have to be Ristolainen-level bad for a skater to be blamed for sinking a team. Blaming Giroux when he wasn't anywhere near that level is just another way of absolving the failures up top for always failing.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
G was as effective as ol' lindy was as capt. :teach2:

you "youngsters" MISSED the real thing .....

R (6).jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
G was as effective as ol' lindy was as capt. :teach2:

you "youngsters" MISSED the real thing .....

View attachment 603612

Oh, you mean the guy who did nothing but lose without Parent carrying his team?

Without Parent, Clarke spends his whole retirement being mocked as a worse choker than Dionne. Leadership is a bullshit narrative.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
FLYERS: 5-3-2 (5th in Metro)
Senators: 4-6-0 (8th in Atlantic)

View attachment 603367
View attachment 603369
View attachment 603370
View attachment 603373

FLYERS LINEUP:

Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
Cates-Laughton-Tippett
Bellows-Laczynski-MacEwen
Deslauriers-Sedlak-Allison

Provorov-DeAngelo
Sanheim-Ristolainen
Seeler-Zamula

Hart
Sandstrom

1st PP:

Laughton-Hayes-TK
DeAngelo-Tippett

2nd PP:

Allison-Cates-Bellows
Provorov-Farabee

1st PK:

Cates-Farabee
Provoro-DeAngelo

2nd PK:

Hayes-Laughton
Sanheim-Seeler

Injuries:

Atkinson (Day to Year)
JVR (IR)
Anisimov (Lurks)
Brown (IR)
Brink (IR)
Couturier (IR)
Ellis (A stone I died and rose again a plant; A plant I died and rose an animal; I died an animal and was born a man. Why should I fear? What have I lost by death?)

Senators Lineup
:

Brady Tkachuk-Stützle-THE Giroux
DeBrincat-Pinto-Batherson
Motte-Brassard-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Watson

Chabot-Brannstrom
Sanderson-Hamonic
Holden-Zaitsev

Forsberg
Hellberg

Injuries:

Talbot (IR)
Norris (IR)
Zub (IR)​

*All images stolen from NHL.com. All lineups based on whatever was last reported by media or last game, supposedly. Beef-Manufactured Lineups are prone to error, ingest with caution. Side effects may include twitching and bile. Information may be updated at random as it arrives*

Ellis (A stone I died and rose again a plant; A plant I died and rose an animal; I died an animal and was born a man. Why should I fear? What have I lost by death?

Lord Byron or Dostoevsky??

BTW.....Torts is a serial liar......thinks the fans are stupid......while hear is one fan who thinks he is an insipid louse....... send him to the OstFront....

1667662670842.png

Last edited:

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Oh, you mean the guy who did nothing but lose without Parent carrying his team?

Without Parent, Clarke spends his whole retirement being mocked as a worse choker than Dionne. Leadership is a bullshit narrative.
Leadership is like coaching - it helps, and can push a team over the edge if they're good enough. But lack of leadership at the pro level doesn't make that much difference. In the NHL every guy on the team was at one point the best player / leader of a really good team in a very competitive league.

Except for Winnipeg where Wheeler and Scheifele are total dicks and they lose because nobody wants to play with them. And it's Winnipeg - no offence but it's a godforsaken frozen wasteland. If 3 of the top 10 things to do in your town are a river, a park and a museum - your city sucks. (see Pittsburgh)

I want to argue with the people who say Giroux was a disappointment / didn't show up in the playoffs but I already ignored them because they're idiots.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Leadership is like coaching - it helps, and can push a team over the edge if they're good enough. But lack of leadership at the pro level doesn't make that much difference. In the NHL every guy on the team was at one point the best player / leader of a really good team in a very competitive league.

Except for Winnipeg where Wheeler and Scheifele are total dicks and they lose because nobody wants to play with them. And it's Winnipeg - no offence but it's a godforsaken frozen wasteland. If 3 of the top 10 things to do in your town are a river, a park and a museum - your city sucks. (see Pittsburgh)

I want to argue with the people who say Giroux was a disappointment / didn't show up in the playoffs but I already ignored them because they're idiots.
Hey!!! Pittsburgh is a wonderful town.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

There are even examples of really good, even championship teams, that would be considered a toxic failure of leadership.

Pro athletes are mercenaries doing a job.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ellis (A stone I died and rose again a plant; A plant I died and rose an animal; I died an animal and was born a man. Why should I fear? What have I lost by death?

Lord Byron or Dostoevsky??

BTW.....Torts is a serial liar......thinks the fans are stupid......while hear is one fan who thinks he is an insipid louse....... send him to the OstFront....

View attachment 603622

Jalal al-din Rumi

Reactions: macleish1974

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure what Ottawa's trying to do,
on the one hand you got Tkachuck #3, Stutzle #3, Sanderson #5, Pinto #32, Brannstrom (Vegas #15), the fruits of tanking.
But they bring in G (35) to go with Hamonic (32), Brassard (35), Holden (35), Zaitsev (31), Watson (31).

When Brassard is your 3C, depth is an issue - which is the problem with top heavy rebuilds, you need some stars, but you also need to draft and develop bottom 6/bottom 3 guys.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
on the one hand you got Tkachuck #3, Stutzle #3, Sanderson #5, Pinto #32, Brannstrom (Vegas #15), the fruits of tanking.
But they bring in G (35) to go with Hamonic (32), Brassard (35), Holden (35), Zaitsev (31), Watson (31).

When Brassard is your 3C, depth is an issue - which is the problem with top heavy rebuilds, you need some stars, but you also need to draft and develop bottom 6/bottom 3 guys.

This is an admission that Fletcher has done a bad job. Brassard was just our 3C, deep into his tenure.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

Brassard is their 3C because they're missing their 1C, Josh Norris.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I was a fan,

Now am a fan of Risto Hayes Seelsy Macewan and Deslaurier

Game
Set
Match
Rasmus Ristolainen, Kieffer Bellows and Felix Sandström are getting extra time on the ice after morning skate once everyone else is off. Tortorella would not say who was coming out of the lineup tonight when he spoke before skate, but this would be an indication.

Is 5m for 5 years a good contract when he gets scratched?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Rasmus Ristolainen, Kieffer Bellows and Felix Sandström are getting extra time on the ice after morning skate once everyone else is off. Tortorella would not say who was coming out of the lineup tonight when he spoke before skate, but this would be an indication.

Is 5m for 5 years a good contract when he gets scratched?

Risto is hurt if he’s out of lineup

But I will give Torts props if he healthy scratches that slug.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I am at the lowest point in my life I have ever felt. Everything I knew and loved and believed is now foreign, lost, and wrong.

I want nothing more than the Flyers to lose everything and to read miserable posts from you all. I want to know, even in a minuscule way like through a dumb sporting event that means nothing in the grand scheme of things that other people are also feeling at least a little bit of misery when I do, because I know there are some people here who love the Flyers.

Yeah yeah, I know - Be thankful for what I have. Sure.

Just someone, please, lend me a time machine or put me out of my misery. I'm far too chicken shit to do that.

Go Sens! Welcome back, G! Missed you buddy.

Edit: I am NOT a sadist.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I am at the lowest point in my life I have ever felt. Everything I knew and loved and believed is now foreign, lost, and wrong.

I want nothing more than the Flyers to lose everything and to read miserable posts from you all. I want to know, even in a minuscule way like through a dumb sporting event that means nothing in the grand scheme of things that other people are also feeling at least a little bit of misery when I do, because I know there are some people here who love the Flyers.

Yeah yeah, I know - Be thankful for what I have. Sure.

Just someone, please, lend me a time machine or put me out of my misery. I'm far too chicken shit to do that.

Go Sens! Welcome back, G! Missed you buddy.

Edit: I am NOT a sadist.
sometimes your posts are not clear to me. Did you meant it in a sarcastic way? Or do you really value our community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad