GDT: 11 Dec 2014 - Wild @ Sharks - 9:30PM CT / 5:30AM Suomi - Emergency #stormageddon GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Everyone ahead of us in the Central picked up at least a point tonight as well. Ugh, so tired of being average

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Kuemps played well, other than that very disappointed in this one. Didn't play well enough to win. So much for the huge comeback spurring them along.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Ice. Learn how to make it and learn how to keep it frozen. :shakehead

Wild deserved at least a point tonight. The game was decided by an undeserved soft flopping interference call. Typical Cali game involving the Wild.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Coyle hasn't scored in a month and a half. Put him on the ice with less than a minute to go

You could make the same argument for Pomminville. Outside of the fluke goal he scored on when he wasn't even looking.

Really want him to step up.

TheInstigator

Nov 7, 2013
I still think we're a better team than that. They're just never fired up. If we don't figure out how to bring the intensity every shift by game 55, I'll accept the fact that we aren't as good as I think we are.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Only team i'm worried about in the playoffs is Chicago. Everyone else in west doesn't scare me at all.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Everyone ahead of us in the Central picked up at least a point tonight as well. Ugh, so tired of being average
They're in danger of not being able to play catch-up. Even with that recent stretch of going 7-2-1, they weren't able to move up in the standings. The hole gets deeper.

In the NHL, if you don't have a decent (or in our case, average) PP, you will not make the playoffs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Ice. Learn how to make it and learn how to keep it frozen. :shakehead

Wild deserved at least a point tonight. The game was decided by an undeserved soft flopping interference call. Typical Cali game involving the Wild.
Yes, they added some pressure towards the end, but they didn't deserve a point. The ice has always been bad there (and in many arenas), but good teams find ways to win. We've done it in the past. Our PP failures and inability to cash in on a ton of odd man rushes cost us a point. Not the ice and not a weak penalty. Score one single goal on one of the odd man rushes or the PP tonight, and the game is tied. It's inexcusable that we didn't cash in on one of those MANY opportunities considering the names we have in this lineup. So many 2 on 1's........zilch to show for it! No shots on the PP's.....WTH!

Basically, we lost the same way we've been losing many points this year.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yes, they added some pressure towards the end, but they didn't deserve a point. The ice has always been bad there (and in many arenas), but good teams find ways to win. We've done it in the past. Our PP failures and inability to cash in on a ton of odd man rushes cost us a point. Not the ice and not a weak penalty.

*cosign*

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Unfortunately, we just aren't that good. Zucker and Nino are coming back down to earth, and no one else is stepping up.

Vanek's "touch" back passes to the other team are beginning to piss me off.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
yeah what has happened to coyle I know he was never touted as a huge goal scorer but geez I thought he would have more production than what he has had so far? I really hope he can put in at least 15 per year at this point.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
You can't ever blame it on the ice. Both teams are playing on the same ice.

My issue with this is that it's a big advantage for the team that practices on it every night. You play a lot different if the ice is slow than if it's fast. Angles change, and you have to really almost stop on your zone exits to make sure the puck gets out. My solution is to get all arenas in proper working order so certain teams don't have advantages.

Yes, they added some pressure towards the end, but they didn't deserve a point. The ice has always been bad there (and in many arenas), but good teams find ways to win. We've done it in the past. Our PP failures and inability to cash in on a ton of odd man rushes cost us a point. Not the ice and not a weak penalty. Score one single goal on one of the odd man rushes or the PP tonight, and the game is tied. Basically, we lost the same way we've been losing many points this year.

I'm not going to disagree with the PP being a very serious issue.

I just really despise guys that flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad