GDT: 11 Dec 2014 - Wild @ Sharks - 9:30PM CT / 5:30AM Suomi - Emergency #stormageddon GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
:wild @ :sharks
9:30PM CST / 7:30PM PST / 5:30 AM Suomi
@ SAP Center
FS-N, FS-WI, CSN-BA, KFAN

State of Hockey, NorCal Regiment, checking in for duty. Only Wild road trip out here this season so I'm bringin a couple train beers with me for the ride down to San Jose. Doin it right. Stashed a couple Big Friendlys in my suitcase last time I was back in MN just to be prepared for this special occasion. Look for the goon in the Parise jersey and the North Stars cap in the upper deck.

Oh, right, news:

- The entire Bay Area is freaking the **** out over two inches of rain. Public schools are closed, nobody else bothered to brave the "weather" and come into work (but now that I think about it, I could actually start pregaming now...), and there's an accident approximately every 10 feet because Californians freak the **** out the moment the roads get vaguely damp. They're calling it "The Storm of the Decade", which I suppose is very technically true in the sense that it is a storm and there hasn't been one this decade.

- Holy ****ing comeback, Batman. ICYMI somehow, the Wilds beat the Big Bad Islanders(?) in regulation after being down 4-1 to start the third.

- The Wild D Corps is looking thin tonight. Ballard is out indefinitely after a nasty hit into the board, and Scandella is sitting two games thanks to those fascists in the league office. That means we have to watch a Prosser-Falk pairing attempt to play ice hockey.

- Matt Nieto and Mike Brown have joined Tyler Kennedy on IR today. Some scrubs have been recalled from AHL Worcestershire.

- The Sharks still don't have a captain after taking it away from Thornton, and it's still uncomfortable.

- Brent Burns has continued his regression since he left us.

- The Patron Saint of the First Round Bust continues to play mediocre hockey, with 3 goals, 6 assists in 24 games for the Sharks.

Lines:

Pominville-Koivu-Zucker
Vanek-Granlund-Parise
Coyle-Haula-Niederreiter
Carter-Brodziak-Fontaine

Suter-Brodin
Folin-Spurgeon
Prosser-Falk

Backs
Kuemper

(Sharks do not publish lines.)

Gameday Jukebox (Explicit Language):

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tell us about Marleau. I've always though of him as an elite forward... Is he starting to slow down. Rumors have him being shopped, together with Thornton.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/542913537329627136
^guy from Kansas who lived in MN and now is in SF

Yeah I wouldn't say this is any worse than your average Minnesota summer storm. It's a bit bigger impact because (A) the drivers here are morons and (B) the infrastructure here is horrible (so they're less able to respond to downed trees and power outages, and the roads are more flood-prone). But the whole thing is really pretty embarrassing to watch.

f7ctn.jpg

Last edited:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well which team will show up tonight? the wild bunch or the mild bunch? eanie meanie miny moe hmmmmm.... i'll pick sharks 3-2. (because of our weak goaltending)

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
well which team will show up tonight? the wild bunch or the mild bunch? eanie meanie miny moe hmmmmm.... i'll pick sharks 3-2. (because of our weak goaltending)

tumblr_n2765hZkZj1qewacoo2_r1_500.jpg

I hate that this is a thing we think about now.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
tumblr_n2765hZkZj1qewacoo2_r1_500.jpg

I hate that this is a thing we think about now.

to be honest, it's a refreshing change. gotta switch up the gripes every once in a while. just like i'd rather have good ES play than PP...obviously you want everything to be at least solid but picking and choosing, i'd rather have good/great D and ****** goaltending than the opposite.

buketdude

Feb 28, 2012
Connecticut
Since tuesday AM we started with .10 inch freezing rain..then 2.5 inches of rain and 40mph winds...now 2-3 inches of snow..in 3 days...somehow..someway we have made it through..i am alive to tell this story...

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Since tuesday AM we started with .10 inch freezing rain..then 2.5 inches of rain and 40mph winds...now 2-3 inches of snow..in 3 days...somehow..someway we have made it through..i am alive to tell this story...

you're still feeling...sane?
the-shining-snow-scene.jpg

buketdude

Feb 28, 2012
Connecticut
you're still feeling...sane?
the-shining-snow-scene.jpg

haha..kind of..things are different on the west coast..my company has an office near Seattle and if its snowing and not even sticking..they close office..all schools closed..i don't get it..its really not that big of a deal....if my civic with good snow tires can get through over a foot of snow they can make it to work..

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I love Dan Ryckert. Ever since he moved to Giantbomb, he's been hilarious. Likely always has been, but I didn't have much exposure to him.

I'm just hoping we don't get blown out, tonight. I never like our odds against SJ.

Same. Since like 2006ish I haven't ever anticipated a Wild win vs the Sharks. To this day, Thornton continues to be a Wild killer. Fully expecting 3 points out of him tonight.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
who is going to be skating around throwing headshots now that Scandella the Butcher is on the shelf for two days and Kieth "low bridge" Ballard was taken out indefinitely by karmic retribution? We need someone to step up and maintain our reputation as dirtbags! We have Mr. Slashypants still skating around but he's a little tame to carry the torch.

Quicy

Jun 24, 2012
who is going to be skating around throwing headshots now that Scandella the Butcher is on the shelf for two days and Kieth "low bridge" Ballard was taken out indefinitely by karmic retribution? We need someone to step up and maintain our reputation as dirtbags! We have Mr. Slashypants still skating around but he's a little tame to carry the torch.

Don't forget that Public Enemy #1 is also out: Matt "the Cannibal" Cooke

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I love Dan Ryckert. Ever since he moved to Giantbomb, he's been hilarious. Likely always has been, but I didn't have much exposure to him.

I'm just hoping we don't get blown out, tonight. I never like our odds against SJ.

Some of his stories on the bombast are ridiculous.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Don't forget that Public Enemy #1 is also out: Matt "the Cannibal" Cooke

been out of the papers so long i forgot! the Sith master himself.

I'm guessing Nino gets to be the bad guy tonight, by being shoved over their goa--I mean by ruthlessly plowing over their goalie. I know it's Haula's gig, but Haula has dropped the ball in his dirtbag duties this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad