Post-Game Talk: 11/9/17 | Canucks 1 @ Ducks 4

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Painful powerplay

Horrible pass by Sedin when he had an open pointman

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Honestly, I haven’t minded Green, but this roster Benning has made year after year.....he’s gotta go. Hearing his thoughts on players and his scouting I just want to make him go away forever.

For me personally(and many others I'm sure;)) I don't usually feel much confidence in a aging prospect a team tries to ship out(or any player of any respective team) has given up on. They held onto him for as long as they did and obviously tried to get something out of him, but decided to move him. That's a telltale sign that you shouldn't pay assets for the player.

We only have to look at a Benning acquisition in Vey or to Calgary and the Curtis Lazar experiment. It works in rare cases sure, but I hate it seems to have become a habit for Benning.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Boeser should of got a a assist on Baertchis goal :shakehead

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
LOL Granlund makes a business decision at the left wing half boards and that soft play leads to an almost-goal.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
4oOdM1L.png
QYuBbPD.png
CSIQlbF.png
VkVSoWt.png

Reactions: clunk

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I would like to see our young players show something physically. Especially Virtanen and yes even Gaunce. Why is it the vets who have to step up always. Horvat is playing great but he is the teams 2nd best fighter he does not need to fight but he doesn't need to put up with crap either. He should use his stick more and play witha bit more of an edge. not his job but if a young guy stepped up he would be loved.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So...can we send Virtanen down yet, or are we going to give him the least amount of ice time among forwards all season long?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
S
I would like to see our young players show something physically. Especially Virtanen and yes even Gaunce. Why is it the vets who have to step up always. Horvat is playing great but he is the teams 2nd best fighter he does not need to fight but he doesn't need to put up with crap either. He should use his stick more and play witha bit more of an edge. not his job but if a young guy stepped up he would be loved.
no one gives a crap about physicality when the team is getting beat like a dog

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Didn't watch this one.

When I read "Ryan Miller made 13 saves before leaving with injury," I assumed he left the game fairly early, lol. Not with 8 minutes left.

Only 13 shots at ES the entire game, yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad