Post-Game Talk: 11/9/17 | Canucks 1 @ Ducks 4

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Shelling Calgary? The final score wasn’t indicative of how the game went. The Canucks were very lucky to win that game. Calgary doesn’t have a goalie. Markstrom made some great saves and some lucky saves or else Calgary could have blown it wide open early on.

Henrik post game even said as much.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm a little surprised by the grades people are giving the players last night. I mean there should be a large quantity of Fs and Ds. Far to many average grades for a team that was awful individually and collectively.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Up front, I thought Horvat and Gagner were fine. Markstrom played well.

I thought Virtanen did some nice things and worked hard. The problem with the Sedins right now is that in the games where they are ineffective, BOTH are ineffective and it just kills the line. They don't alternate bad nights, they do it together. A line with Gagner, Virtanen, and either of the Sedins probably would have had a better night but they looked old & slow tonight. I don't know how this story ends, but it doesn't end well. When you look at the allocation of money on our team for this season vs who is actually a productive player it's brutal.

Bad outing from the defense. I second-guessed myself a bunch as to who was playing their off-side with Tanev out because guys were all over the place and out-of-position. Not a good sign.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
What a wretched game. The arena was 2/3rds empty. That seems to be the case more and more. This product sucks, people aren't buying it.

On Virtanen: I saw Daniel ring the puck to Henrik below the goal line. Virtanen should automatically be going to the net with his stick on the ice when he sees that happen. Instead he's off in the corner, three seconds behind the play. He has nothing even approaching the hockey IQ to mesh with the twins. Or anybody else, really.

Reactions: brokenhole

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Alex Edler looked like he was a 45 year old emergency call up.

He looked so slow, and even when he fell down it took him forever to stand up.

But it was his first game back.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Terribad performance. Marky by far our best player but he needs a day off to reset and get some drills in.

Gudbranson - trade him before he bombs his trade value.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I'm not really buying into the doomsayers that are saying we're sunk without Tanev...He's only one player,and if thats all it takes to sink the whole team..we may as well just forfeit the season.

Ugly game..no energy,and not much effort...on to the next one.

well it's tanev and having somebody play their wrong side. i think they should have put edler over there. anyway, the ducks seemed to notice.

screen-shot-2017-11-09-at-10-12-35-pm.png

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Pouliot..I can see some offensive upside but he needs to be sheltered and sheltered LOTS. If he's playing any significant kind of minutes against tough competition he is getting shelled every single night.

Can't remember what goal it was, but he was so confused on where he had to go and what he had to do it was almost comical.

I don't see his offensive abilities being able to outweigh his defensive disabilities in order to crack our top 4 for the future. He's a reclamation project and I think he'll top out as such.

In before this is quoted saying it's far too early, give him time, he's still young, yeah yeah yeah, we've heard it all for various players, but we are seeing exactly why he never helped the Pens and exactly why he's not still in their system. It should've been a sign on the Pens moving him especially after what they have done with unpteen players within their system lately.

This is all speculation.

Right now he's preforming well in zone transition stats in sheltered situations, he's basically passed all the tests that he needs to pass.

Pouliot alongside with Virtanen need to be un-sheltered. It's doing nothing, and they've both played passed the level of being needed to be sheltered. That's when we can actually make a evaluation out of these players.

But that's a tough sell with this coach because he's always been death scarred of a rookie making a mistake. Boeser makes a mistake... Instantly benched for the next 2 shifts... Virtanen can't get more then 6 minutes of ice time, and Pouliot is basically only playing because of injuries. It's the same coaching problem that has been haunting the canucks since torts. These anti-youth coaches need to go, these old-school coaches that think Dorsett and Sutter are even remotely close to being "good defensive players" need to go.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

This is the darkest timeline. Hutton back with Gudbranson yet again and Virtanen to be scratched for Eriksson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad