GDT: 11/9/17 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Good couple days. Let’s keep this rolling.

mmUh3tW.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RDTBay4 and dechire

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
No Getzlaf and no Budaj against the Ducks on Sunday, the 2 biggest factors in our loss against them.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Dang. They started looking pretty tired during that last period, but they managed to hang in there and give Budaj the win he deserved.

WTG Bolts!! :handclap::handclap:

Now to fricassee the Ducks on Sunday.:cool:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
LOL Just realized Koekkoek registered an assist on the first goal. Maintains his p/60.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
All four goals in the 1st have been insane! Crisp passing, great positioning and quick decisionmaking. This team's a power level above any other team in the league right now it seems. So fun to watch!

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I have to watch the replay later on today but the highlights, just dang. I can't remember the last time we've won a back to back on a Cali trip. GO BOLTS!

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
A couple-minutes span in the first and this thing was essentially over, just had to weather fatigue in the third. Some of the passing on the rush right now is just mind-boggling. The PPG (Palat-Point-Gourde) Line is such a bonus this year. They look quite a bit like Triplets 2.0 right now, and each of those guys has been putting on an absolute clinic on the PK as well.

Also, when in h*ll did Vladdy get 8 goals?! Talk about flying under the radar.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Boy I'll tel you what, it's nice to have the team playing to their potential from the start of the season rather than being on cruise control until February when you've dug yourself a huge hole. The team will hit a rut sometime during the season and at that point it's nice to have those points bagged in October/November.

Also, nice to see Budaj get a W against his old team.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A couple-minutes span in the first and this thing was essentially over, just had to weather fatigue in the third. Some of the passing on the rush right now is just mind-boggling. The PPG (Palat-Point-Gourde) Line is such a bonus this year. They look quite a bit like Triplets 2.0 right now, and each of those guys has been putting on an absolute clinic on the PK as well.

Also, when in h*ll did Vladdy get 8 goals?! Talk about flying under the radar.

It's like having the triplets line behind a prime Stamkos/MSL, that's insane. Killer also has 13 points as a 3rd line tweener right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's like having the triplets line behind a prime Stamkos/MSL, that's insane. Killer also has 13 points as a 3rd line tweener right now.

Killer even spent a night or two on the 4th line.

This is what "all cylinders" looks like for a hockey team, I think.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Kings fan here.

Man you guys are fun to watch. Stamkos and Kucherov are absolutely amazing. Hedman is absolute beast on the blue line and is severely underrated. Definitely a top 3 d-man in the league and you have him signed for $7.875 million!? Obviously hockey isn't like basketball where the favorite wins the championship but barring any significant injuries, Tampa Bay has to be the favorite. Besides injuries the only thing that might hold you guys back is Vasileyskiy's youth.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Kings fan here.

Man you guys are fun to watch. Stamkos and Kucherov are absolutely amazing. Hedman is absolute beast on the blue line and is severely underrated. Definitely a top 3 d-man in the league and you have him signed for $7.875 million!? Obviously hockey isn't like basketball where the favorite wins the championship but barring any significant injuries, Tampa Bay has to be the favorite. Besides injuries the only thing that might hold you guys back is Vasileyskiy's youth.

Vasy played very well against the penguins in the 2015 ECF as a backup. But you definitely have a point, as the starting goalie going into the playoffs remains to be seen.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Boy I'll tel you what, it's nice to have the team playing to their potential from the start of the season rather than being on cruise control until February when you've dug yourself a huge hole. The team will hit a rut sometime during the season and at that point it's nice to have those points bagged in October/November.

Also, nice to see Budaj get a W against his old team.

Yea this hot streak will end at some point but it's been a long one and we will benefit from it down the road. The important thing for this team is to stay healthy and to get hot again at the end of the season. This team looks like it's on a mission though.

I think last season's troubles were good to experience from a learning perspective. They know they can't start a season in February every year and expect to keep up every year. They got away with it because of talent but the league has caught up a bit. You really can't take the foot off the gas much in this league or you will get burned. I think they did that a fair amount the last few years.

The injuries last year did us in but the effort early in the year was not good either. This year were beating the teams we are supposed to and also the teams we usually lose to. Not only beating them, dominating. I don't expect that to keep up all the time, but I do expect to see it pop up in games we need to.

We've seen enough at this point to expect that kind of performance on nights when we need to have it. As long as we're seeing this kind of play consistently and at the end of the season when it matters most I'll be happy. It would take a monster team to beat them at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad