GDT: 11/9/14 - 6:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
I can't second-guess the Callahan call because of him scoring and all, but I feel like we have three VERY easy decisions for the shootout with Kucherov, Flip, and Drouin.

Cally has been good in the shootout.. While I agree with your list going with Cally is a good option too.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh yeah - wtf was up with Carle?

I can't second-guess the Callahan call because of him scoring and all, but I feel like we have three VERY easy decisions for the shootout with Kucherov, Flip, and Drouin.

Cally was good on Shootouts when he was with the Rangers. So there really is no question there.

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Cally was good on Shoot outs when he was with the Rangers. So there really is no question there.

That was some move he made last night against a pretty good goalie. Howard may not be elite, but he's no scrub. I think a lot of people are fooled by his style of play and forget that the guy has got some silky mitts. I even forget sometimes and I've been watching him for a while (family of Ranger fans...). He is honestly such a great fit for this team because he can bring any kind of game you want. He can score, pass, hit, play defense, and serve popcorn during intermission. Just does it all.

Also, funny how all the "intangibles" that got him 5.8 mil are suddenly turning into tangibles. 11 points in 10 games, including 2 game winners. No way he keeps up the PPG pace, but no reason to think he couldn't hit 60 if the PP keeps clicking.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Oh yeah - wtf was up with Carle?

Carle was 2 for 3 in his shootout career, so Coop was probably going off of that or however he determines it in practices. Flip seems like an easy choice with how well he was for us last year, but maybe he was going to go 3rd.
Next shootout will be Carle - Garrison - Brewer.
Hey last season we had a shootout where Carle, Salo, and Kostka all scored.

Brewer actually did a shootout last year that went like 13 rounds and scored the winner. Pretty slick move if I recall. Or was that Salo?
Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. It was 13 rounds against NYI, but Brewer never got his number called. Salo had the winner

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That was some move he made last night against a pretty good goalie. Howard may not be elite, but he's no scrub. I think a lot of people are fooled by his style of play and forget that the guy has got some silky mitts. I even forget sometimes and I've been watching him for a while (family of Ranger fans...). He is honestly such a great fit for this team because he can bring any kind of game you want. He can score, pass, hit, play defense, and serve popcorn during intermission. Just does it all.

Also, funny how all the "intangibles" that got him 5.8 mil are suddenly turning into tangibles. 11 points in 10 games, including 2 game winners. No way he keeps up the PPG pace, but no reason to think he couldn't hit 60 if the PP keeps clicking.

Yeah it's been great seeing him succeed in Tampa, it's now 11 Goals in 30 games since being traded to Tampa.

Hope he keeps it up, doubt he will continue the PPG average but not to say he cannot hit over 60 points, especially if Stamkos heats up and the PP like you said stays hot.

I think you guys have seen, well you certainly have, since you have Ranger fans at home, why this guy was loved and respected and a fan favorite with the Rangers fan base. I see Ranger fans on FB and Twitter posting applause type posts anytime cally scores a goal or has a great game.

Any fan who is going to say "Good Riddance" for him leaving and being traded is just sucking on sour grapes now.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Cally was good on Shootouts when he was with the Rangers. So there really is no question there.

Cally had 2 shootout attempts when he came to the Lightning but since didn’t get to play in the shootout at all during his final season with the rangers he was a bit rusty but in the past whenever he have done them earlier he did great, I especially remember the goal he scored against Rask, so I’m glad he got the chance to do one again.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Hey guys what is going on in here...

3204840swsw.gif

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
This team is on top the entire NHL at the moment without Hedman. I do think this could be a special season if we can continue to gel and get into the playoffs healthy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad