GDT: 11/9/14 - 6:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I'm glad we won, and I know we don't have Hedman... BUT Detroit is without Datsyuk. We are objectively (far) better on paper.

True but that was back to back on the road for us. You could clearly see fatigue setting in halfway through the 2nd. We were great in the 1st.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Good to get the win. The next week is a rough stretch, I don't feel good about any of Chicago, San Jose, New York.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This next little stretch is going to show how good we are. Still, 4 points on this road trip, with two more on the line. Let's come out with a good effort against the Hawks.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
after last nights game going into detroit and getting two points is impressive we played well too bad we gave up the goals and ran out of gas but to me we were dominate over half the game.

Happy that cally and stamkos hooked up and cally with a winner lol.

Carle always gets shootouts hes actually pretty good but he played big minutes.

I think that also cooper doesnt like giving to kids like kucherov vladdy thinking misses could affect their confidence.

anyway good road trip start now onto chicago who is not playing up to par so hope we catch them still sleeping.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Good win! Big effort on the 2nd half of a back to back and it paid dividends as we came out with the 2 points.

It looks as if Stammers slowly finding his feet, still not playing at his best by any stretch though.

Stralman and Carle have been great since the injury to Hedman. Hedman might have to find himself a new partner to play with when he returns as these two have been great for us.

And it's always nice seeing Bish make timely saves that he just simply shouldn't be making.

Bring on the Hawks!!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Chief made a pretty good comment at the start of the game about how the Stamkos line having a little blow to their pride after Detroit starts their best shutdown units on the Johnson line tonight.

Guess they did have something to prove ;)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Chief made a pretty good comment at the start of the game about how the Stamkos line having a little blow to their pride after Detroit starts their best shutdown units on the Johnson line tonight.

What was also impressive was how well the Triplet line played against Zetterberg.

Cookiefist

Oct 13, 2014
Riverview

Johnson and the other young guns are making Stamkos feel old. :p:

Cookiefist

Oct 13, 2014
Riverview
Palat and Johnson are about the same age as Stamkos :sarcasm:

Yes well, the jokes. Stammer skating around like his xbox controller got discounted and just be lazy with his passes. Not skating like we know he can whilst the other young players are blazing it up making him look old and worn out.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Oh yeah - wtf was up with Carle?

I can't second-guess the Callahan call because of him scoring and all, but I feel like we have three VERY easy decisions for the shootout with Kucherov, Flip, and Drouin.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
It’s odd, at the start of the season our PK was really good and our PP was the thing that struggled and now it’s the other way around.

Oh yeah - wtf was up with Carle?

I can't second-guess the Callahan call because of him scoring and all, but I feel like we have three VERY easy decisions for the shootout with Kucherov, Flip, and Drouin.

I agree, I was surprised by the choice of both Cally (though really happy about that) and Carle when we have those guys but then again I’m glad that Cooper gives different players the chance to be the hero of the game and it’s especially good that more players get to feel what it’s like so that we don’t just have 3 or so players that can step up and help us win if needed.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It’s odd, at the start of the season our PK was really good and our PP was the thing that struggled and now it’s the other way around.

I thought our PK was playing over their heads. However, I don't think we are as bad as it has been lately either, nor do I think the deficiencies are with personnel. At the moment we just sit back in a shell and try to play with 5 goalies. I'd like to see us get more aggressive on the penalty kill and attack the perimeter a bit more. Teams in this league are way too talented to not score if given all the time and space they want. We need to attack the puck more and force the PP to either turn the puck over or make a perfect play. Being aggressive will burn you sometimes, but you force the opposition to make plays as opposed to giving them the time and space they want. We've seen with Stamkos this year what forcing plays looks like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad