Pre-Game Talk: 11/8/2014 Panthers-Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Gallant needs to change the lines. And no more 4th line PP time. Get the skilled guys out there. I'm never feeling good about a game again. That came back to bite me in the ass hard last night.

P.S. I hate Upshall.

MacKenzie has been one of our most effective PP players. :help:

At least he is good at faceoffs, and sets us up in the zone. How many times do we start a PP with the other team winning the FO and then clearing!!!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It is not only the 4th line on the PP that is pissing me off but especially Gudbranson on the point. For which reason is he getting PP Time. He is a shutdown Dman who misses wide even with an empty and no one in front of him.
Dylan Olsen has more offensive upside and should be on one PP Unit. Maybe beside Kulikov

Agreed. He hit the post last game, but his shooting is decent. Behind only Ekblad in regards to defensemen.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
It is not only the 4th line on the PP that is pissing me off but especially Gudbranson on the point. For which reason is he getting PP Time. He is a shutdown Dman who misses wide even with an empty and no one in front of him.
Dylan Olsen has more offensive upside and should be on one PP Unit. Maybe beside Kulikov

Yeah, I think it's because of his hard shot. That's the only reason I can think of. Or Gallant knows our PP will be terrible and wants the most defensive guys out there to prevent a goal lol.

Look what happened when Gallant finally put Ekblad with Campbell on the PP, started creating some offence.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
MacKenzie has been one of our most effective PP players. :help:

At least he is good at faceoffs, and sets us up in the zone. How many times do we start a PP with the other team winning the FO and then clearing!!!

I could deal with MacKenzie winning face offs, just not Upshall, Thorty and Kopecky on the wings.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Gallant needs to change the lines. And no more 4th line PP time. Get the skilled guys out there. I'm never feeling good about a game again. That came back to bite me in the ass hard last night.

P.S. I hate Upshall.

The only time the 4th is out on the PP is because the other guys aren't performing, which was last night and vs NJ. DMac has a PP goal too lol.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
semin is one of the few we can get, he's still a super good player... but as usual, people here want the best player with the best contract

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
semin is one of the few we can get, he's still a super good player... but as usual, people here want the best player with the best contract

Put me in the category for him. He could be had for peanuts. I don't think Carolina would argue taking on Flash and Upshall, both in their final year.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
If they'd do that, then by all means go get him. I just think it would take a lot more.

He's already been a healthy scratch. I'm sure they would want something else but they would have to take salary one way or another. I don't think we would have to give up the Trocheks or Grimaldis.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Put me in the category for him. He could be had for peanuts. I don't think Carolina would argue taking on Flash and Upshall, both in their final year.

It would cost us more than that, probably a prospect and a 2nd rounder. I am beginning to warm up to the idea. I would rather have Kane or Eberle, or maybe hold off for Sharp in the offseason, but this team has a shot at making the playoffs this year, and if Semin can come here, and turn it around, it would be huge for us. It would slot others back into lines where they belong, and he would surely help on the PP.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
semin would probably score around 30 goals for florida, 30+30, especially playing with a very good playmaker and defensive center in barkov

and since its so popular, he gets to play with a russian linemate again and kulikov is also around

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
semin would probably score around 30 goals for florida, 30+30, especially playing with a very good playmaker and defensive center in barkov

and since its so popular, he gets to play with a russian linemate again and kulikov is also around

I think that's way high, especially in this defensive system. Probably closer to 20 with the way the team is currently playing with a ceiling of 25-30. If the cost is low and they will retain a bit of salary, do it!

Edit: I'm also starting to warm up to this idea. Does anyone know the ramifications if he gets bought out by the Panthers?

Last edited:

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
I think that's way high, especially in this defensive system. Probably closer to 20 with the way the team is currently playing with a ceiling of 25-30. If the cost is low and they will retain a bit of salary, do it!

Edit: I'm also starting to warm up to this idea. Does anyone know the ramifications if he gets bought out by the Panthers?

the thing is that semin is a game breaker, his skillset is absolutely elite offensively. if we look back at barkov and boyes last year, boyes missed a lot of goals from amazing passes from barkov, semin would have buried those.

semin buries goals that our guys fan on

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
the thing is that semin is a game breaker, his skillset is absolutely elite offensively. if we look back at barkov and boyes last year, boyes missed a lot of goals from amazing passes from barkov, semin would have buried those.

semin buries goals that our guys fan on

I'm just concerned with the "Russian factor" for lack of a better term. Is a trade to a Florida team that plays a system that requires everyone to buy-in and play two-way hockey going to get the best out of him? Or will he decide it doesn't apply to him and play like Ovechkin has in the past? I haven't watched any Carolina games this year (I'm watching their game right now to learn more about him), but what's up with his lack of production? Has he played with Staal for a majority of this season? If he has, yikes...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
He's already been a healthy scratch. I'm sure they would want something else but they would have to take salary one way or another. I don't think we would have to give up the Trocheks or Grimaldis.

It's 7 games into the season, I doubt they are ready to give up on him for nothing, especially when they can't outtank Buffalo and Edmonton.

Sean Bergenheim (lower body), Brandon Pirri (concussion) and Dave Bolland (groin) won't play Saturday, but are getting close to returning, Panthers coach Gerard Gallant said.

"I think they're going to start skating on their own [Saturday]," Gallant said

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...nthers-jon-huberdeau-1108-20141107-story.html

Hopefully they're back Tuesday

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

He has two assists far. Playing for a team that has scored more goals than us. I think that 30+30 in very unlikely.

And Eric Staal > Barkov

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
On a side note looking at the standings is so damn weird because we're 3-5 games less than everyone else :laugh:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Pirri-Barkov-Hayes

Huberdeau-Trocheck-Grimaldi

Jokinen-Bjugstad-Fleischmann (please get traded)

Kopecky-McKenzie-Upshall

Ex; Thornton,

Broken :Bolland (please retire) , Bergenheim

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
It would cost us more than that, probably a prospect and a 2nd rounder. I am beginning to warm up to the idea. I would rather have Kane or Eberle, or maybe hold off for Sharp in the offseason, but this team has a shot at making the playoffs this year, and if Semin can come here, and turn it around, it would be huge for us. It would slot others back into lines where they belong, and he would surely help on the PP.

Yeah, well I am extremely bad when it comes to making up offers because I overload my brain with too many possibilities. I could deal with a prospect and 2nd because we have enough. I just feel we could have Semin, now, for cheaper before he heats up. Whereas Eberle and Kane would cost crucial parts.

I am warming up to the idea of a blockbuster deal, if the lack of scoring continues. Though I would like to give Huberdeau, Barkov, Bergenheim,Pirri, Bjugs, Jokinen and Boyes more time, especially healthy. But one can argue, what is healthy when it comes to the Panthers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad