Pre-Game Talk: 11/8/2014 Panthers-Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Since this is a Calgary game thread and we'll be seeing their core of young players for the first time this season, I pose this question:

If you were GM, which group of players would YOU rather have moving forward for your franchise?

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau
Ekblad
Gudbranson
Kulikov
Olsen
Pirri
Trocheck
Grimaldi

or

Monahan
Colbourne
Gaudreau
Bennett
Backlund
Joonis
Granlund
Ferland
Baertschi
Brodie

As a fan of both teams, Florida's

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Since this is a Calgary game thread and we'll be seeing their core of young players for the first time this season, I pose this question:

If you were GM, which group of players would YOU rather have moving forward for your franchise?

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau
Ekblad
Gudbranson
Kulikov
Olsen
Pirri
Trocheck
Grimaldi

or

Monahan
Colbourne
Gaudreau
Bennett
Backlund
Joonis
Granlund
Ferland
Baertschi
Brodie

The one that can score goals. In other words, not the Panthers.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'd like to get Baertschi in a Panthers' uniform, it'd be a perfect fit.

8 goals in 54 games, yep, he's got Panther written all over him

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I'd like to get Baertschi in a Panthers' uniform, it'd be a perfect fit.

8 goals in 54 games, yep, he's got Panther written all over him

At that rate, he'd be our leading scorer.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau
Ekblad
Gudbranson
Kulikov
Olsen
Pirri
Trocheck
Grimaldi

or

Monahan
Colbourne
Gaudreau
Bennett
Backlund
Joonis
Granlund
Ferland
Baertschi
Brodie

The 1st one for sure.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Flash has to either step it up or he's gone. He has a whopping one point this season. He's not the only one to blame but 4.5mil/year for a guy who is supposed to help bring offense and develop our kids is not doing the job.

I sense a trade coming by the end of the month.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Flash has to either step it up or he's gone. He has a whopping one point this season. He's not the only one to blame but 4.5mil/year for a guy who is supposed to help bring offense and develop our kids is not doing the job.

I sense a trade coming by the end of the month.

Yea but who would actually take him? :help:

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I don't think Flash would be impossible to trade, but yeah it would be tough. GMs might look at his play from three years ago and think if maybe if put with the right chemistry, he would return to his former self. I had high hopes that the guy would break out of his awful slump this season, but he's on pace for less than ten points. I'm sure he'll pick it at to some extent eventually, but I can't see him fitting in the system any longer.

Anyway, as for this game tomorrow, I don't know what to expect. I'm hoping we break out of the slump as we did last time after losing to the Devils. We were due for a bad game. The Flames are surprising everyone as most picked them to finish Bottom 5 in the league. No matter how great the defense and Luongo plays, we can't expect to win 1-0 or 2-1 every game. Huberdeau coming back hopefully helps causes somehow.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Gallant really needs to get this powerplay situation straightened out. I think I saw Mackenzie out there last night I was just thinking this guy is fresh out of ideas.

Having Pirri and Bergy out really hurts, but I'd try something like

Umbrella style A

Ekblad - Grimaldi - Campbell on the perimeter

Barkov and Huberdeau down low providing screens and looking for loose pucks

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
If Tallon goes after Semin I can see him going to Carolina.

Semin would really help on the powerplay. No goals in 9 games, but I'd take that risk. Might be the old change of scenery trick. We need shooters desperately.

How about Fleischmann and a 3rd for Semin. That should be enough. Again, if it's "win now" mode, then Dale should probably be on the phones now.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Semin would really help on the powerplay. No goals in 9 games, but I'd take that risk. Might be the old change of scenery trick. We need shooters desperately.

How about Fleischmann and a 3rd for Semin. That should be enough. Again, if it's "win now" mode, then Dale should probably be on the phones now.

I'd probably do that deal, but again, I don't know if Semin is the answer. If he was on a one year deal I'd be much more on-board with it. But that's such a large cap hit for so many years that it's really risky if he can't get it together.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
This team still can't score goals. Needs to be fixed. Luongo won't be able to play like the best goalie in the world every night.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Flash has a NMC/Modified NTC, doubt he would waive to Carolina. Upshall does too! LOL @ these guys getting these NMC/Modified NTC. I doubt either would waive to go to Carolina. They might waive to go to a place where they could put up some points since it is a contract year for them.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
If I were Tallin I'd be more concerned to move dead weight and get the top 9 with stable lines. As far as I'm concerned Flash has lost his job and needs to make room for Pirri. Upshall is next closest in that sense since Hayes does all that he does only cheaper and with offensive and PP upside.

I understand. If Kopy/upshall/flash were all moved i wouldn't give it a second thought. We do need some better talent to give our young guys though.. They have no one to learn from except 3 and 4th liners and we all wonder why they dont evolve. Look what Willie Mitchell has done to our D.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I understand. If Kopy/upshall/flash were all moved i wouldn't give it a second thought. We do need some better talent to give our young guys though.. They have no one to learn from except 3 and 4th liners and we all wonder why they dont evolve. Look what Willie Mitchell has done to our D.

I want Kopecky to stay this season. He's been good on the penalty kill and has done a very good job on the fourth line with MacKenzie and Thornton.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Lol. If that was his performance in Florida you would want him shipped out. And as IM Clutcm said, that is one hell of a risk for a player with that cap hit for another three years. :help:

I really don't think Semin is the answer. He'll come here and play like Flash except with less effort!

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
yeah, i'd take our core over theirs every day in the week, however, they have giordano right now which is something we don't have, but he's probasbly leaving

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Gallant needs to change the lines. And no more 4th line PP time. Get the skilled guys out there. I'm never feeling good about a game again. That came back to bite me in the ass hard last night.

P.S. I hate Upshall.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Gallant needs to change the lines. And no more 4th line PP time. Get the skilled guys out there. I'm never feeling good about a game again. That came back to bite me in the ass hard last night.

P.S. I hate Upshall.

It is not only the 4th line on the PP that is pissing me off but especially Gudbranson on the point. For which reason is he getting PP Time. He is a shutdown Dman who misses wide even with an empty and no one in front of him.
Dylan Olsen has more offensive upside and should be on one PP Unit. Maybe beside Kulikov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad