GDT: 11/8/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he'll come around. But he's a top 5 player in the world who hasn't been a top 5 player on our team so far this year.

I agree. I think when that happens. We will have some serious depth.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Stamkos was floating. Not even gonna lie. I watched him on his shifts for the second and third. At one point he stopped skating and his man got a clean shot on a rebound right in front of the net.

**** is pissing me off.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Stamkos was floating. Not even gonna lie. I watched him on his shifts for the second and third. At one point he stopped skating and his man got a clean shot on a rebound right in front of the net.

**** is pissing me off.

well maybe I never noticed and said some things to the board about not panic etc.. on stamkos but honestly in 11 games this year he had 3-4 good shots or scoring opportunities to me.

Tonight he seemed disinterested even. He did talk to kucherov after the 4-0 penalty shot etc.. I noticed that but on the ice? WTH.

So yeah if this is what you guys are seeing and im thinking of him more of brett hull type of player and the passing has always been unmistakeproof lol than I can see why the board starting *****ing a bit.

He was not the guy I am used to tonight not in any way shape or form.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Nice 3rd period collapse. The 4th Columbus goal was ugly. How can you leave Foligno so wide open? And that 5-hole goal against Nabby was just as ugly. And 2/5 on the PK isn't good enough. Can't give up 3 PP goals and 4 goals in total against a team missing 8 of its main players.

Offensively though, what a great team we have! I loved Stralman's pinch on the PP, Kucherov's assist on Johnson's 1st goal was a beauty and overall we looked pretty determined in their zone.

Well, here comes Detroit!

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
Rangers lost in regulation :handclap:
mcdavid here we come

HCf3DE7.gif

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also, Nabby played like **** for the first two goals of the third, but he played pretty well to help us keep the lead. I maintain the first two goals shouldn't have happened, but it's irrelevant. He didn't have his best game (clearly), but he was still good enough out there. Lindback was (nearly) never good enough - he was always good to allow goals we need to win + 1.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Also, Nabby played like **** for the first two goals of the third, but he played pretty well to help us keep the lead. I maintain the first two goals shouldn't have happened, but it's irrelevant. He didn't have his best game (clearly), but he was still good enough out there. Lindback was (nearly) never good enough - he was always good to allow goals we need to win + 1.

And to be fair, the first two goals were a redirect and a really fancy play that was executed perfectly, so I don't think it was about Nabby, more like they were just good goals.
Same mentality you take when Stamkos rips one in, you're never going to blame it on the goalie, it's just Stamkos.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
And to be fair, the first two goals were a redirect and a really fancy play that was executed perfectly, so I don't think it was about Nabby, more like they were just good goals.
Same mentality you take when Stamkos rips one in, you're never going to blame it on the goalie, it's just Stamkos.

I meant the first two goals shouldn't have happened because one was a high stick and one I have no idea how the ref didn't whistle the play dead. Don't blame those on Nabby, but I'm probably being a bit of a homer. All I know is they were blowing whistles late as hell last night.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'm a little disappointed I missed this one. Watched the highlights and that goal by Callahan putting his foot in the net :amazed:

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
We are all glad we won.

But we shouldn't use this game for any kind of measurement with this Columbus game which we all know is a team not playing well and with a bunch of injuries.

Saying this the two things I got out of the game was

1) We could really manhandle a bad team when its down like we did for the first period.
2) We need to learn how to put a bad team away like what we didn't do in the 3rd

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, I feel like Nabby pulled it together and was a big reason we were able to maintain the lead. Lindback would have figured out a way to lose that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad