GDT: 11/8/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Palat's been very good too. Despite the stats, I haven't noticed Callahan a whole lot.

Cally has been constantly crashing the net and winning those board battles.

The guy earned his points tonight, from working hard around the net.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Palat's been very good too. Despite the stats, I haven't noticed Callahan a whole lot.

Really? I though Cally was all over the ice tonight making plays, winning puckbattles and delivering big hits on annoying Blue Jacket players and his 1 goal and 2 assist really showed for it but then again, since I'm a fan I do tend to keep an extra eye on him.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We win, rangers lose, all-in-all a pretty good saturday.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really? I though Cally was all over the ice tonight making plays, winning puckbattles and delivering big hits on annoying Blue Jacket players and his 1 goal and 2 assist really showed for it but then again, since I'm a fan I do tend to keep an extra eye on him.

Flip and Cally were good tonight, kept getting control of the puck, but Stamkos did not seem to be around. Happened more than once.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Sloppy ****ing game after about half way through.

Nabakov did not look good and Stamkos also did not look good. Not sure what the hell is going on with him. Drouin needs to be on the first line.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
3 stars of the game

*Ryan Callahan
**Scott Hartnell
***JT Brown

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, I don't really mean he's been bad. But I think other than Stamkos, most of our forwards are playing well right now. Callahan's the only one who I don't notice for long stretches.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
So any reason the high stick goal wasn't reviewed? I thought they were supposed to review all goals? Not going to lie even though we were sloppy it seemed the refs were favoring Lumbus.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So any reason the high stick goal wasn't reviewed? I thought they were supposed to review all goals? Not going to lie even though we were sloppy it seemed the refs were favoring Lumbus.

Because Columbus was 4 goals behind.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Funnily enough Stralman finally finished with a minus rating.

And Drouin is very quietly putting up points. 7 in 9 games.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
YOUTH these games happen step off the gas get a little complacent couple goals momentum shift have to fight butts off to get it back and as we saw we never really got it back. That is the youth:( Someday these won't happen so often the playing down to others levels. We should have won like 12-1 I mean jeez a win is a win but man did we try to make it interesting with help from the refs.

Really happy for our lower lines well played super happy for brownov I called his goal hehe and he added an assist OH MY

anyway stamkos no words he did nothing won the puck twice on boards otherwise super under impressed and as I watch seguin add another hat trick I got to wonder when we move someone up to his line that can work with him?

I want callahan there but agree flipper aint working. I am a super winger for life as most of you know so love flipper but he is not meshing with stamkos for whatever reason.

I hate the break up the trips but tyjo is on fire so maybe put him back with callahan and stammer get stammer going. Id prefer killorn on fourth line or benched myself just saying.

Drouin is at 10 mins a game and what 1 game or point under a point per game? Put him with stamkos and callahan what is worst that can happen.

as a side note detroit and chicago are neither playing lights out so we should be able to play ok with them but anaheim i think or believe thursday? We play like have this year except the montreal game and maybe a period here and there we are getting waxed!! Got to tighten up and play 60 mins no matter the opponent

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
So.. would anyone agree the last time we've "Seen Stamkos" was in Vancouver? What's happened since and why does cooper not seem to give a ****, because we've won 5 in a row? I guess that's a good reason but still..

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
One of the most pleasant surprises this season has been TyJo. 17 points in 14 games. He was great last year, but this year he looks like an entirely different animal. Didn't expect that kind of improvement. Even if he weren't scoring, it would be pretty clear that he's better than last year. And that makes us very, very dangerous. I think we have 27 goals in our last five games... And Stamkos isn't scoring them.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
So.. would anyone agree the last time we've "Seen Stamkos" was in Vancouver? What's happened since and why does cooper not seem to give a ****, because we've won 5 in a row? I guess that's a good reason but still..

I would say that is the reason. We have been winning without much input from the top line so no need to panic. I have to think cooper and stammer both know he needs to contribute soon.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
One of the most pleasant surprises this season has been TyJo. 17 points in 14 games. He was great last year, but this year he looks like an entirely different animal. Didn't expect that kind of improvement. Even if he weren't scoring, it would be pretty clear that he's better than last year. And that makes us very, very dangerous. I think we have 27 goals in our last five games... And Stamkos isn't scoring them.

Well the gm noticed him in the summer all the love he threw his way so maybe they saw this coming the kid is good though for real good. Seems to handle whatever you throw at him and as we saw again tonight if your 2 foot bigger he will still throw down with you interesting he was asked about vladdy being tough and he said he had a little russian in him tyjo must have a lot somewhere:)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
anyway stamkos no words he did nothing won the puck twice on boards otherwise super under impressed and as I watch seguin add another hat trick I got to wonder when we move someone up to his line that can work with him?

I want callahan there but agree flipper aint working. I am a super winger for life as most of you know so love flipper but he is not meshing with stamkos for whatever reason.

So pretty much like he's been in every other game, weren't you the one saying Stamkos is fine playing the same as always? Only difference between this and last game is that he hit a post shot..

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So pretty much like he's been in every other game, weren't you the one saying Stamkos is fine playing the same as always? Only difference between this and last game is that he hit a post shot..

Yup. He simply hasn't been dangerous in most of our games this year. This one might have been a tad bit lower because I can't remember a single drive to the net or clear-cut grade A chance (except maybe the shot that led to Stralman's goal).

I think he'll come around. But he's a top 5 player in the world who hasn't been a top 5 player on our team so far this year.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

has been 14 games in 11 games I saw an ok stamkos in three I question him?

He had two posts and other scoring opportunities in calgary. He was skating out there against calgary,,,, tonight is a big question? Sulking? As hose brought up in the stammer line thread I and just kinda agreed?

I hate to think killorn gets a top line again,,,, flipper aint working im probably biggest fan of flip on this board but him and stamkos does not work so far not on much of anything but occasional power play and I say that has been more on callahan and stralmans work over flips with stamkos honestly.

Stamkos was invisible tonight totally the third period last game he was the stamkos I love I dont mind if he doesnt score I mind if he doesnt get his shots. I didnt look at stats but what did he have tonight 1? I only remember 1:(

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yup. He simply hasn't been dangerous in most of our games this year. This one might have been a tad bit lower because I can't remember a single drive to the net or clear-cut grade A chance (except maybe the shot that led to Stralman's goal).

I think he'll come around. But he's a top 5 player in the world who hasn't been a top 5 player on our team so far this year.

That just means we have the 5 best players in the world on the team. Stamkos is now at least the 6th best player in the world.

EDIT: The theme with Stamkos lately is that he has good starts. Remember that power play, where all he did was shoot? He looked good. Then he just faltered, and wasn't noticeable at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad