GDT: 11/7/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Minnesota

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I don't understand it. Cally was all over Minny tonight and tying them up and putting pressure like on the PK, had some chances, and was doing his thing. He started the game on a shutdown line and got moved up with two guys who were just awful tonight, not even Palat before he got hurt could salvage that line.

He did well. I'm a big Callahan fan but a bigger lightning fan. He didn't have the greatest game when on the puck. He brings grit when all else is lost, and that's still more than most of the others.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He did well. I'm a big Callahan fan but a bigger lightning fan. He didn't have the greatest game when on the puck. He brings grit when all else is lost, and that's still more than most of the others.

Well defending players seem to get me in trouble here like Flip, but really cannot defend his play. Cally on the other hand had no support which means anytime he got the puck or won the puck he had no options or plays to make. I am not happy with his point production and should be better but a lot of forwards like him are snakebitten now.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
That was probably Stamkos's worst game of the year too. We had plenty of opportunities, but his were all spoon-fed to him. When he wasn't falling over the blue line he was giving the puck away. That was a reminder of last year's Stamkos.

YUP just a complete **** show of a game from Stamkos. He completely let up when driving the net on a paquette rush, like he was afraid to get into the dirty areas with his stick down. Let aloneee all the turn overs he had, he looked absolutely lost all over the ice. Flip was making really dumb decisions too.

Carle with the penalty with 5 min left when he got completely walked around like a traffic cone.

Kuch-Johnson-Killorn were by far the best line of the night, and the only dangerous line.

Hedman looked good

we need a major shake up

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
A team can only be this snakebit for so long. Bad luck is a statistical anomaly, as is good luck. It's bound to balance out eventually.

Remember guys, 20 game mark. If the floodgates still haven't been obliterated by then...

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
A team can only be this snakebit for so long. Bad luck is a statistical anomaly, as is good luck. It's bound to balance out eventually.

Remember guys, 20 game mark. If the floodgates still haven't been obliterated by then...

So we have a week and a half to start scoring again

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Lightning were shut out once in 82 regular season games in 2014-'15.

Since the playoffs, the Lightning have been shutout in six of their last 40 games. That would translate to 12 over 82 games.

I'm not sure what happened there. I fell asleep before the 3rd began, down all of 1-0, and I'm not surprised at all that they didn't even get one goal in the 3rd, whether it would've been to tie it or not. Confidence in this offense has never been lower.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Yeah I don't even know what to say anymore. Killorn - Johnson - Kucherov was the only line who looked like they were trying out there tonight. Bishop and Hedman were solid as always, but EVERYONE else was absolute garbage. Mr. 10 million dollars did absolutely nothing except turn the puck over a few times. How the **** are we supposed to pay this guy 10+ million dollars a year if he can't generate anything on his own.

We got some relatively easy games coming up next which is why this is the time to wake up. If they continue scoring less than 3 goals a game or, hell, if we get shutout in any of the next 4 games a major shakeup needs to happen.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Really tired of this excuse.

:shakehead

No kidding, maybe it's because our guys make them look good with terrible finishes...

Why does everyone hate playing the central? The last couple years we've had a winning record against them, this is the first time in 2 years I've seen our board use the "well it's the central/west" excuse. Our skilled guys use to make it hell for them to play against, now it seems like we're an easy matchup for those teams.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Inconsistant so far this year, we win won then lose one or two. Its awful. The "its still early in the season" thing bothers me, this is the time to pick up as many points as you can before it gets harder down the stretch and players become tired from injures or total games played.

Analysts say around American Thansgiving/Christmas break is when you get a rough idea of who the contenders for playoff spots will be. If their barely above .500 its not gonna be looking good. It's some kind of bad voodoo or something, no way this many players are this bad at the same time.

Poor Ben, he carried us through the season 2 years ago and brought us back to the playoffs, then last year he played amazing and had an incredible playoff run, now the team can't help him it saddens me so.

Tampa has also played a lot more games then most teams in our division, that worries me too considering everyone is only like 2 points behind us with 3 games in hand

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So we have a week and a half to start scoring again

We are approaching that 20 game mark, have to start worrying soon. Because the first 10 games or so, yeah they are snake bitten and are putting an effort with no results, or just bad puck luck. But once you start getting more into the season these issues should not be a factor as much so it leads to other things.

Look at the PP it is a mess right now. It was never great this season had ups and downs. Our PK is very good now so we have that, but if we are not scoring goals, whats the point of having a great PK to keep us in the game. Heck, sometimes I feel we have a better chance to score short handed than on the PP or ES.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well defending players seem to get me in trouble here like Flip, but really cannot defend his play. Cally on the other hand had no support which means anytime he got the puck or won the puck he had no options or plays to make. I am not happy with his point production and should be better but a lot of forwards like him are snakebitten now.

We could say the same thing about Stamkos.

I'm just not sold on Callahan in any type of scoring role at this point. He doesn't really create anything, but he's on a line where there's an emphasis on the wingers to create. And, for a guy who made his name scrapping for pucks in front of the net, he's not really doing much of that either. He seems almost stuck in a weird limbo between a skill game and a grit game, and not really committing to either.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
PDO for this team through 16 games? 101.4

I **** you not. They're actually top-ten in PDO and look like crap in the process. That's not too promising.

Makes sense. Our ES save percentage is probably pretty large. Most of the goals against have come on the PK/EN.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Don't know what's going on with this team. They look like they don't care. Not putting in enough effort. They have more than enough skill to win these games they are losing. No heart and no ****s given by this team. Hopefully these losses shake them up.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I see effort, just misdirected effort. They keep trying the same things that aren't working when they should be trying different things. The lackadasicalness has mostly gone away compared to earlier in the season.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Baffling why we can't score. These are the same forwards from last year who were unstoppable. We are doing as good or better on D and in goal than last year.

The only excuse which is not much is we have had injuries. It looks like some of them are playing banged up.

So early on we have had these guys missing games

Johnson
Palat
Killorn
Namestnikov
Paquette (multiple times)
Boyle
Hedman
Vasi

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I see effort, just misdirected effort. They keep trying the same things that aren't working when they should be trying different things. The lackadasicalness has mostly gone away compared to earlier in the season.

Quoted for truth. That effort needs to be redirected to something different that will result in goals. Hate to say this, but open things up, take more risks, yeah you risk odd man rushes but if it brings the scoring confidence up, so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad