[nhl]2014020298-427-ingame-h[/nhl]

Dv7sq52.png

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
No Parise for Minny?
out with an injury

http://www.startribune.com/zach-par...y-to-get-call-by-cap-strapped-wild/341903251/
Zach Parise has been ruled out at least the rest of the homestand (Saturday against Tampa Bay and Tuesday against Winnipeg) with what the Wild is calling a lower-body injury.

On video, it’s a right knee injury. Parise had an MRI this morning and the Wild is awaiting results, but the news initially appears to be relatively good.

“I’m not getting into the timeframe here,” coach Mike Yeo said in front of large contingent of media members today. “I don’t think it’s going to be multiple weeks, I don’t think it’s going to be months. And I’m not a doctor. So we’ll say he’s out the next couple games. We’ve got a big game tomorrow against Tampa Bay, and that’s our focus.”

Yeo did admit that beyond the “couple games” that he’ll miss, they “don’t really have much idea going forward after that. We have to wait to hear here. I can say it’s not going to be something that’s month to month. I shouldn’t guarantee that, but that’s the word that I’ve got so far.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
That's "good" but at the same time, teams with injured stars usually smokes us. Any point matters a whole lot more in the Central division as well so beware Lightning!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This doesn't sound good. They outplayed us last year. Tough team and we haven't played well vs the central division. Hope I'm wrong.

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
This is very good test or our team. Hope the offense shows up and we finally start to roll

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Weird that the Wild have played 3 fewer games. NHL scheduling makes no sense. Let's win this one and score multiple goals !

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The one game they blew us out in last year was with Nabokov in net. The other game we barely won in a tight checking contest. Not going to be easy.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Sorry I have been inactive lately, to make a long story short I have been dealing with major shoulder, back, and neck pains. Lets Go Bolts keep the streak coming! Stamkos needs stammertime, and Hedman needs to keep up his norris level season alive!

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Another central team?
Not liking our early schedule.

We are almost done with the Sabres and have yet to play any of the Canadian teams in our division. We will have played 2/4 of the west Canadian teams before the ones in our own division.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Getting flashbacks of that game where they absolutely wrecked us like 7-1 or something last year. Shouldn't be the case this time though, especially now with Parise out. Expecting another very low scoring game that is decided by 1 goal.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This is one of those games that can really go either way, last season they destroyed us in the first game and the 2nd one at home was really close even if we won.

Another central team?
Not liking our early schedule.

We are almost done with the Sabres and have yet to play any of the Canadian teams in our division. We will have played 2/4 of the west Canadian teams before the ones in our own division.

Yeah, it's weird. MIN are the only team we have left to play against from the Central, and from out divition we've played 3 teams more than once. We've also only played Carolina from the Metro and non of the teams from the Pacific, now that will change later this month but still.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
I really wish fighting was a bigger part of the game. It's sad to see it withering away, and I don't like how it isn't an element of my favorite teams game.
To me, it is a good element of excitement.

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
I really wish fighting was a bigger part of the game. It's sad to see it withering away, and I don't like how it isn't an element of my favorite teams game.
To me, it is a good element of excitement.

I kind of agree with you. It gives the team boost and gives more excitement for the fans. But what i remember from playing myself, i was never a fighter but there was always time when the passion for the game and some ******* playing dirty, hit the point where you just was have to fight or stick for your teammate. To me it aint good thing that whem someone gives us some **** we dont do anyhing or someone goes there just to push the dude couple times. I want them to beat the **** out of them sometimes.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Look at the Business Forum where there is a study that says fighting has negative economic impact to the sport.

I disagree with a majority posters on that thread and think fighting is an integral part of the NHL game. IMO the worst change to the laws recently has been the instigator penalty, so players can cheap shot without any threat if physical payback (of course they can 'Mat Cooke' turtle after the cheap shot and slink away to the bench)

ganiseri

Feb 3, 2014
I hate those show fights, but love the ones where they protect their teammate.

The one boston game where stammer went to beat marchant was one of the best moments of my fan life. Oh those times(Gudas :( )

Damifino

Dec 23, 2013
FL Keys
Wife and I will be at the game. In case wwe make the TV feed, wife has a new logo MSL jersey. I'll have my black Stanley Cup Andreychuk 25. Not sure how many TBL fans will be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad