GDT: 11/6/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Calgary VS Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I can't remember which play it was - Palat made a great play that led to a turnover and a rush the other way at some point. I just get off my couch and start saying "YOU SEXY MOTHER****ER!!!"

My fiancee suddenly decided it was time for her to go to bed.

Was it the neutral zone back check similar to the breakaway he stopped against the Flyers? I swear it's like when you see Datsyuk chasing someone and you know they're about to get robbed. I got all giddy too.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
No - I don't think I could have yelled louder than Peckham did on that one. Nothing ended up coming from the play - it was just a good defensive play close to the blueline. I probably overreacted, but damnit I just love his play.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I thought Palat was quite pedestrian last night. Made a few good plays and a few bad plays. I'm seeing flashes of the old Palat but he isn't quite there yet.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I can't remember which play it was - Palat made a great play that led to a turnover and a rush the other way at some point. I just get off my couch and start saying "YOU SEXY MOTHER****ER!!!"

My fiancee suddenly decided it was time for her to go to bed.

:laugh: I swear I had a similar reaction !

Neither do I recall exactly but I can say Palat did 2 tremendous backcheck, one I think he almost took the puck away who could have led for a massive breakaway, and the 2nd one he literally stole the puck under a flamed nose. Priceless.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I think that TJ brown guy had a hell of a game. I'll never expect him to score but watching everything else he does is crazy entertaining.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I think that TJ brown guy had a hell of a game. I'll never expect him to score but watching everything else he does is crazy entertaining.

I swear the hockey gods are ribbing him.

"Give him some of the best hockey skill in the entire world, but make it so he can never score. Hah haha ha "

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
My two bottom players on the team are Killorn and Brown. I like paquette better right now.

If everyone stayed healthy we wouldn't need these two guys. But unfortunately I don't think we have enough depth or do we I don't know what we have going at Syracuse that well. After paquette is anyone left down there that could do what these two bottom guys can?

oh btw the reason I don't go for these two guys is they basically have hit their ceiling and for young guys I would rather try other young guys.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
My two bottom players on the team are Killorn and Brown. I like paquette better right now.

If everyone stayed healthy we wouldn't need these two guys. But unfortunately I don't think we have enough depth or do we I don't know what we have going at Syracuse that well. After paquette is anyone left down there that could do what these two bottom guys can?

oh btw the reason I don't go for these two guys is they basically have hit their ceiling and for young guys I would rather try other young guys.

Brown plays a fourth line role perfectly. I can see Killorn but Brown brings the skill along with grit to our fourth line.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I thought Palat was quite pedestrian last night. Made a few good plays and a few bad plays. I'm seeing flashes of the old Palat but he isn't quite there yet.

Kucherov and TJ are making him lazy. Time for him to go to the 4th line and earn his time. :nod:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
As awesome as Palat and Kucherov are, TJ is the guy that really makes that line stir. If you get sucked into how good his playmaking ability is you'll forget he has one of the best shots on the team.

When fully healthy, I'd probably have to scratch Morrow and Brown. You can't expose Connolly to waivers or send Namestnikov and Paquette back to Syracuse. The other alternative is to make a trade.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
True. TJ is the real deal, centering that line like a champ, he definitely makes life easier for his linemates, that's why the triplets look so effortless probably. TJ daddy taking care of business and the two wingers free to widespread devastation in the offensive zone... The fact he's producing at this rate despite shooting under 6 percent blows my mind.

I can't believe he was my main candidate for a sophomore slump.

:facepalm:

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Sometimes I think that Kucherov is a better player than Stamkos...

Stammer sucked again last night

Wow this is insanity.

But if I never knew anything about hockey and I never ever saw a game and was asked to watch 91 and 86 over the last how many games and say who is the better player. I would have to say Kucherov.

No explanations needed to say that this is coop's strategy or bad line mates. a simple question to a new fan with no idea of what was past or what is going on. Just who looks better?

Hands down Number 86.

This is crazy and I want to bar myself from this forum just because I posted this. :)

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Wow this is insanity.

But if I never knew anything about hockey and I never ever saw a game and was asked to watch 91 and 86 over the last how many games and say who is the better player. I would have to say Kucherov.

No explanations needed to say that this is coop's strategy or bad line mates. a simple question to a new fan with no idea of what was past or what is going on. Just who looks better?

Hands down Number 86.

This is crazy and I want to bar myself from this forum just by posting this. :)

Sooooo, are you saying he knows nothing about hockey?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Lets put it this way - if Steven Stamkos was not Steven Stamkos, he wouldn't be on the first line right now. If that makes sense. He's there on past effort only right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad