GDT: 11/6/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Calgary VS Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
:cry: Namestnikov played well today.

Sure did, but there's simply no room if Cooper plans on rolling Stamkos-Johnson-Filppula-Boyle down the middle, which is just deadly.

Unless he can shift to wing then he'd be battling Connolly out for a spot, agreed that Paquette in an updrage over Brown, Morrow-Boyle-Paquette could be a force with Brown as the 13th forward.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
With everyone healthy, do Killorn and Brown really fit into this team? I think there are better options. Connolly>Killer, I think, and with more offensive skill. Brown simply cannot finish, and I don't think he'll ever be able to. Pacquette gives us more an element of grit, and we have plenty of other small, speedy forwards.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
These are all good problems to have. When you're arguing over what players who are playing well need to be sent down

Barney-kills-himself-how-i-met-your-mother-31101876-300-169.gif

Ban this phrase.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Just watched the TJ goal again, man Kucherov is such a beast down low. That and the Drouin goal, just scary when he gets the puck behind the net.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I wasn’t able to stay up and watch the game but I was happy to wake up to a big win.

-Congrats to Pauquette on his 1st (and 2nd) goal.
-Happy to see both a short handed and an empty net goal, both our first of the season.
-Stamkos and Callahan looks like they had an off-night but all players have them and that’s when the rest of the team have to step up and they did which is awesome to see.
-PP still needs some work but hopefully that will start producing soon.
-I read that StrÃ¥lman wasn’t on the bench at the start of the 3rd period and I’m glad that I missed that and could only see that he came back before I started to panic.
-Bishop did a great job as always.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wasn’t able to stay up and watch the game but I was happy to wake up to a big win.

-Congrats to Pauquette on his 1st (and 2nd) goal.
-Happy to see both a short handed and an empty net goal, both our first of the season.
-Stamkos and Callahan looks like they had an off-night but all players have them and that’s when the rest of the team have to step up and they did which is awesome to see.
-PP still needs some work but hopefully that will start producing soon.
-I read that StrÃ¥lman wasn’t on the bench at the start of the 3rd period and I’m glad that I missed that and could only see that he came back before I started to panic.
-Bishop did a great job as always.

I thought Callahan was fine last night, had some key blocks, some good shots and was setting up Stamkos most of the night. Stamkos shots that hit the post, if they go in, that line has at least 6 points between them.

Top line started to get into a groove the last half of the game. Need it to continue, because the Johnson line cannot stay hot forever, or teams will start to adjust and put their top D against the 2nd line.

Oh and another great game from Boyle, he has 7 points, (4 G, 3 A) in 13 games now. That is solid 3rd line production there and he is playing on the 4th line.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
We are in first but have played a pretty favorable schedule so far IMO. I'll hold judgment until we play some of the best teams in the league.

With that said, it is incredible that this is being done without Stamkos and Hedman.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I really love the way this team doesn't let off the gas in the third anymore. Instead of letting up, it's like they smell blood in the water and go into a frenzy. It's fun to watch.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really love the way this team doesn't let off the gas in the third anymore. Instead of letting up, it's like they smell blood in the water and go into a frenzy. It's fun to watch.

Yeah was like the Montreal and Vancouver game, they just kept coming did not care if it was a 2 goal or 3 goal lead.

It beats the old dump the puck in the zone and quickly change lines routine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad